TBD media barometer

Bullpen

As Oh-fish-all keeper of the media barameter for TBD, I need to post this list, so I can update the current standing of various media outlets and talking heads. Don't scoff, this is an important task I've taken on since 2008. Please for you to add any new names and their standing and I will compile it into the master list I maintain in a secret vault at Scorchy's Dash Inn in sunny Jamestown, NY.

Here's what I had as of Feb 13, 2010. (Peter King's status is updated)

ESPN - bad

Bill Simmons - eternally bad (nobody that I know of likes this douchenozzle)

Mel Kiper - good

CBS Sports - bad see Pete Prisco towards bottom of list

Yahoo Sports - bad (I forget the offense, but it's loathsome)

Mort - bad (he'll never get out of this category... everyone here hates him)

Todd McShay - good

Don Banks - was bad, but was good in 2009 and now he picked the Bills for No. 31, so we hates that rabbit!

Jim Rome - good (I think, I can't remember, I heard him being spoke of fondly recently)

Gregg Easterbrook - good because he has relatives in this area I think?

Chris Berman - good (but once he announces someone other than the Bills making the Super Bowl, that will change)

Peter King - bad unless he writes something nice about Jim Kelly

Colin Cowherd - bad (I forget why, but I know we don't like him right now)

Skip Bayless - bad (thought we should pick up Vick)

Tim Graham (waiting for exit poll numbers... this statement is particularly interesting given the developments this spring)

John Clayton - good (people dig his pony tail)

Gene Wojciechowski - bad

Lori - since she's one of our regulars here, she gets a pass, but only as long as she praises the Bills

The Dunkirk Disturber - bad

The Tonawanda Snooze - bad both these guys and the Disturber wrote unflattering op-eds about Terrell Owens

Pete Prisco - bad, thought in 2009 we would be lucky to make 7-9 and actually would end up 31st overall

The Sporting News - good, we like them because they said the Bills were 1 of 5 teams ready to crash the playoff party

Marshall Faulk - bad he picked us to go 7-9 for the 4th year in a row in 2009 ('Joe In Macungie' really hates this sucker)

Mike Florio - bad, his list is waaaaay too long to put here

Bullpen - Thank you for your dedication to your craft. A few thoughts and one addition:

ESPN - use to be bad, now is worse

Bill Simmons - full time NBA sycophant, why even on this list?

Mel Kiper - useless until next April, when he becomes annoying AND useless

Yahoo Sports - good, as long as it's still free

Mort - he's ok, even if he follows the ESPN rules of who to suck up to

Todd McShay - sucks

Chris Berman - act is wearing very thin, no matter how much he likes the Bills

Peter King - lame, but gives KSK a running joke

Skip Bayless - the worst. should be shot on site.

Tim Graham - needs a hanky

John Clayton - always liked him

KSK - awesome, especially Sexy Friday

As Oh-fish-all keeper of the media barameter for TBD, I need to post this list, so I can update the current standing of various media outlets and talking heads. Don't scoff, this is an important task I've taken on since 2008. Please for you to add any new names and their standing and I will compile it into the master list I maintain in a secret vault at Scorchy's Dash Inn in sunny Jamestown, NY.

ESPN - bad

Mel Kiper - good

Todd McShay - good

Don Banks - was bad, but was good in 2009 and now he picked the Bills for No. 31, so we hates that rabbit!

Jim Rome - good (I think, I can't remember, I heard him being spoke of fondly recently)

Chris Berman - good (but once he announces someone other than the Bills making the Super Bowl, that will change)

Tim Graham (waiting for exit poll numbers... this statement is particularly interesting given the developments this spring)

Gene Wojciechowski - bad

Lori - since she's one of our regulars here, she gets a pass, but only as long as she praises the Bills

The Tonawanda Snooze - bad both these guys and the Disturber wrote unflattering op-eds about Terrell Owens

Pete Prisco - bad, thought in 2009 we would be lucky to make 7-9 and actually would end up 31st overall

The Sporting News - good, we like them because they said the Bills were 1 of 5 teams ready to crash the playoff party

Marshall Faulk - bad he picked us to go 7-9 for the 4th year in a row in 2009 ('Joe In Macungie' really hates this sucker)

Though it has nothing to do with the Bills, Cowherd is forever in the red (bad) in my book for saying he misses HGH in baseball an he wishes it was still around.

Bullpen - Thank you for your dedication to your craft. A few thoughts and one addition:

ESPN - use to be bad, now is worse

Bill Simmons - full time NBA sycophant, why even on this list?

Mel Kiper - useless until next April, when he becomes annoying AND useless

Yahoo Sports - good, as long as it's still free

Mort - he's ok, even if he follows the ESPN rules of who to suck up to

Todd McShay - sucks

Chris Berman - act is wearing very thin, no matter how much he likes the Bills

Peter King - lame, but gives KSK a running joke

Skip Bayless - the worst. should be shot on site.

Tim Graham - needs a hanky

John Clayton - always liked him

KSK - awesome, especially Sexy Friday

Thanks KD, I'll take your suggestions under advisement. However, we're going to have to find something else to use besides Yellow... my feeble 39 year old eyes simply can't read that. Although, imagine that old sucker Beerball and HIS clunky old eyes trying to read that!

Speaking of KSK...

Drew Magry aka "Balls Deep", "Big Daddy Drew". Jamberoo on Fridays at Deadspin. Rarely talks about the Bills, but makes me laugh.

Wait, that pretty much makes my team a "Poop Joke". :blush:

ESPN - bad

Mel Kiper - good

Todd McShay - good

Gene Wojciechowski - bad

Lori-Great

John Wawrow-Great

Tim Graham-Pretty Good

Ron Jaworski-Damn Good

Chris Berman-A bit stale, but still one of us. Good

Easterbrook- Funny so good

Bill Simmons-Only bad because he's from New England. Really a pretty good, and funny, writer. Wild Card

Everybody else sucks.

Whatchu talking bout Jack?

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...t&p=1849495

Congrats, folks. You finally did it. Thanks for lasting as long as you did, Tim.

And with that, I think we're done here.

Add: the next question is whether or not I am. I'll get back to you on that one.

2nd Add: For those of you who care to, you can catch up with me on Twitter or Facebook, or drop an e-mail to portsports (at) verizon.net.

Cheers.

She hasn't posted since she edited that post with her contact info.

Wow. That sucks. Lori was just about the best thing this place had to offer, anymore.

I have been very ticked about this since it happened. It was one of the PPP crowds (as well as a ton of normal posters) better moments as a fair number of the regulars (of whatever stripe) rallied together and piled on the guy who started it. Tim could have been a bit thicker skinned perhaps, but he certainly had no obligation to do so, much less bash the company he works for. So we lost him and Lori because some guy did not like ESPN's twitter feed. If you notice Wawrow is not around as much...

:blush:

Speaking of KSK...

Drew Magry aka "Balls Deep", "Big Daddy Drew". Jamberoo on Fridays at Deadspin. Rarely talks about the Bills, but makes me laugh.

Wait, that pretty much makes my team a "Poop Joke". :worthy:

Drew Magery is hilarious. I read his mailbag every Tuesday on Deadspin and it just kills me.

Your entire list is bullshite cept for Lori.

BTW--been under a rock lately?

It's not MY list slapnuts! I just maintain the list based on what the denizens of TBD think about particular posters. We're all such a rational and levelheaded bunch, I just keep the list in order so the FNGs know who "we" like and who "we" hate.

We've been real busy at work, so that's kept me away

I have been very ticked about this since it happened. It was one of the PPP crowds (as well as a ton of normal posters) better moments as a fair number of the regulars (of whatever stripe) rallied together and piled on the guy who started it. Tim could have been a bit thicker skinned perhaps, but he certainly had no obligation to do so, much less bash the company he works for. So we lost him and Lori because some guy did not like ESPN's twitter feed. If you notice Wawrow is not around as much...

;)

:blink: (I'll just leave it at that.)

Sometimes people take themselves too seriously around here.

Bill Simmons-Only bad because he's from New England. Really a pretty good, and funny, writer. Wild Card

Spot on.

I mean, a New England sports writer who loves basketball and doesn't care about hockey isn't popular in WNY? Shocking!

Simmons can run hot and cold and gets a little too ADD sometimes, but he has a great, conversational writing style that is both funny and creative. Many "sports" writers try to infuse pop culture into their articles and end up looking ridiculous (see Reilly, Rick) but Simmons pulls it off better than most. And IF (yes, that's a big IF around here) you care at all about the NBA, you won't find a more invested, passionate writer.

:worthy:

I actually started posting less and less on TSW, cause I just don't want to deal with the stupidity, and childish responses and posts.

I spend most of my time here OTW, simply because I enjoy it more. You can joke around and talk some fun smack, and most of you guys can take it, ala the Last Post wins thread where BB cant tell time :blink: .

I joined not to long ago but I used to lurk here as a non member for years, Though it is great that TBD is gaining more and more members, the quality of the board members has slowly been declinging.

We used to have a really good thing, and I am actually really bummed we are letting these other guys ruin it for the rest, by driving away the people who actually contributed to this board.

Just my .02 cents though.

I agree Deano. Although I don't always agree with what he has to say, he's a good writer and fun to read. His Vegas blogs every year are great and he usually has some funny jokes every week.

whoever says bad things about the Bills are bad, whoever says good things about the Bills are good.

I believe YOU have said some bad things about the Bills.