Chan Gailey Mic'd up.

MClem06

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/v...00-872d60050929

All I could do when I watched this video is visualize what camps were like under Dick Jauron. It made me happy to see a vocal coach that isn't afraid to do his job. A coach that doesn't get on a player when they screw up and run the wrong route/assignment isn't a coach at all. I don't think that Gailey is going to let these guys slip up. If anyone has tape like this of Jauron , I invite you to share it so we can compare coaching style.

I didn't catch the comment they made about who made the whole unit better just by being in there. It's in the middle of this video and i rewound it like 5 times trying to see who they were talking about. I think it may have been Wood but just guessing. We could lose all season long (not preferably) and I could still enjoy this season just seeing if Gailey is getting on guys to perform and not sitting there like a stick in the mud like ole' DJ.

Thanks for the post. I hadn't seen this clip and enjoyed watching Gailey work, especially pulling Roscoe aside and trying to do a little teaching. I think that is what many of us forget ... these are professionals, but they still need to be taught and Chan seems like a quality teacher.

I am a lot more confident about this hire than I initially was. There was no way we were going to get Bill Cowher, but he doesn't recommend people lightly (I would assume) and he proposed Gailey. I just think we may have hit on a good fit for this team.

I don't expect this year to be a winning one. But I want to see a disciplined team that is getting better and forming the foundation for a competitive team.

hummm he said something like you gotta fire that ball out there, not float it. I guess that eliminates a couple QB's right off the bat :ph34r:

Chan Gailey on his three quarterbacks: "[Ryan] Fitz[patrick] may run a little better than the other two, but the other two aren't stumble bums."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...-one-liners-89/

I can't get to the BuffaloBills.com for the original post, but by the PFT one-liner, it sounds like CG likes Fitzpatricks legs.

I enjoyed that video. The more I hear Gailey speak, the more I like him. The more I see him "coach" the more I like him!

And yes, he did mention "That Eric Wood is an athlete, he makes us a lot better by being in there"

I do believe the exact phrasing was: "he makes us better [snap] like THAT." Either way, I have a Woody. :ph34r:

hummm he said something like you gotta fire that ball out there, not float it. I guess that eliminates a couple QB's right off the bat :lol:

Haha, that was my thought, exactly.

Chan Gailey on his three quarterbacks: "[Ryan] Fitz[patrick] may run a little better than the other two, but the other two aren't stumble bums."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...-one-liners-89/

I can't get to the BuffaloBills.com for the original post, but by the PFT one-liner, it sounds like CG likes Fitzpatricks legs.

The "Fundamentalist" article from Buff news made mention of CG's preference for mobile quarterbacks...

I did the same thing, when i heard the comments about Wood, I re winded it 3 times (cant make it too loud at work). I mean the video cut to him and then he made those comments to Buddy. He said something about how quick he makes us better. It looked like Buddy was agreeing with him. Ive always loved Eric and its good to see our coaches and gm feel the same way.

I like seeing that fire from him and giving the qbs some solid direction. I also liked how we were practicing under real game circumstances. Very good sign of things to come!

I did the same thing, when i heard the comments about Wood, I re winded it 3 times (cant make it too loud at work). I mean the video cut to him and then he made those comments to Buddy. He said something about how quick he makes us better. It looked like Buddy was agreeing with him. Ive always loved Eric and its good to see our coaches and gm feel the same way.

I like seeing that fire from him and giving the qbs some solid direction. I also liked how we were practicing under real game circumstances. Very good sign of things to come!

He asked Buddy if he watched film the day before. He then says Eric Wood is a real athlete and makes them better immediately.

He asked Buddy if he watched film the day before. He then says Eric Wood is a real athlete and makes them better immediately.

Feels good to hear that. Boy do I hope that Wood can be a dominat guard/center for 10 plus years. Sure would make a great story for what hes been through. Was in jacksonville when he did that. Just felt horrible for the kid.

Obvvious by that clip Brohm is the starter. He calls him by name several times, and only refers to Trent as "5". When you like a player, you call him by name. When you don't, you call him by # :ph34r:

So there, I have called the starting QB right now

I remember seeing a video with DJ mic'd up and it was completely different. Jauron would hand out praise but he seemed to let his staff do the coaching. he just kind of wandered around.

I like that Chan is speaking to players on defense, offense, and special teams. He doesn't appear to be overbearing and getting in the way of his staff. He does make his presense known.

They did sound less than enthused at the end when that guy went " BILLS ON THREE!!"....."billssss"

That was the weakest part of the video. All this enthusiasm from Chan ended by a less than enthusiastic break. I remember when playing that our breaks were indicative of our attitude and our coaches would make us break again if it was that weak. Lets hope they were just tired because I want players for my team to be fired up to be playing and competing.

They did sound less than enthused at the end when that guy went " BILLS ON THREE!!"....."billssss"

Then again...maybe they were just exhausted.

Amazingly that was the part of the entire video that stayed with me. I wouldn't even put that on the clip. Brandon is asleep in the wheelhouse and old Ralphy-boy is having the shrimp bisque served to him below in the Captains quarters.

Amazingly that was the part of the entire video that stayed with me. I wouldn't even put that on the clip. Brandon is asleep in the wheelhouse and old Ralphy-boy is having the shrimp bisque served to him below in the Captains quarters.

It's a practice. Can we make more mountains out of molehills? Have you ever played a sport at any level? You do that at the end of every practice..it's a routine.

I enjoyed that video. The more I hear Gailey speak, the more I like him. The more I see him "coach" the more I like him!

And yes, he did mention "That Eric Wood is an athlete, he makes us a lot better by being in there"

The fact that Gailey has a high amount of respect for Wood is a very good sign. If this team had 53 Eric Wood mentalities they might go undefeated. If they didn't the opposing team would know who they played the next morning.

:blush:

I agree with all of those who have said that the more they see him the more they like him. I loved how he was able to praise, teach and point out mistakes. I especially liked how he told Roscoe that he had run a good route and that if he had called a different play Roscoe would have had it. He's willing to admit his mistakes and not blame the players for them. I see real leadership.

It's a practice. Can we make more mountains out of molehills? Have you ever played a sport at any level? You do that at the end of every practice..it's a routine.

No my mom was scared I would get hurt so I was in the AV club. you should have seen our post meeting come togethers!

"GO AUDIO VISUAL TEAM ON THREE!!!"