Erick John Szczap Erick John Szczap, Erick John Erick Szczap

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Jason Peters-did alot more harm to a young team with his hold outs and whining than he ever did good in his overrated gameplay.

2. Rob Johson-not the only QB that has sucked for the Bills over the past decade, but the one who wanted nothing to do with Western New York and was on the first plane out of town when possible.

3. Willis McGahee-Shiity attitude, Shiity personality-plain shiity person.

Leon Seals - aka "Dr Sack" - should have been "Dr Suck"

Rob Johnson

Mr. "I can't tackle anyone" - Eddie Robinson

Billy Joe Hoebert

Willis McLAZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Marshawn Lynch

Mike Williams

Eric Flowers

Kirk Chambers

Scott Norwide

Greg Bell

Rick Tuten - 19 yard punt in superbowl was awesome

Chris Burkett

Ronnie Harmon

I'm sure there are a few more.

Gregg Williams--I'm so sick of his revising everything he did at Buffalo to blame others.

I agree...Especially when he came in with the aura that we were #2 behind his Titans and that everything must be changed accordingly.

McGahee and Jason Peters are the 2 ex-Bills I would love seeing out of the league...world class douchebags who didn't give their all when they were here

Flutie and RJ...besides Flutie's penchant for not throwing the ball to open receivers and RJ's unwillingness to trust his WRs enough to throw them the ball...damn...eerily similar, the way the two of them handled themselves in the QB controversy was embarassing and hurt the team almost as much as their poor play did.

Gregg Williams...pompous jackass who thought he was better than he was...the mark of a good coach is to adapt your schemes around the players you have....Williams did the opposite

Dickerson...pathetic college coach...decent-at-best DL Coach, and awful loudmouthed radio host...his influence is what turned Mike Schopp into the world class douchebag he is today

Dan Brandenburg--Just stay in your coverage lane like Bruce Dehaven told you 20 seconds before going out on the field.

I think Daryl Porter was farther out of his lane than anyone but any of the players who left their coverage lanes were screw-ups

KEN IRVIN

God did he suck!!!

actually, he was pretty decent...maybe average to above average until he made a position switch. When he came into the league in 95, with fellow CB Marlon Kerner, he was slotted at LCB on the 2nd team. He and Marlon never switched, either. When Jeff Burris left in free agency, that opened the starting spot at, you guessed it, LCB. Kerner's 2 knee injuries took him to IR and out of the competition for the starting role. Irvin held down the starting LCB spot and did ok, not great, with it until an injury in Winfield's rookie season. Antoine came in and played well at LCB the last few games of the season and, rather than switch the rookie over to RCB the next season when Thomas Smith left in free agency, they switched Irvin over ther and he struggled. You wouldn't think switching sides of the field would be a big deal, but Ken had the LCB so ingrained in muscle memory, that when turning out of his back-pedal to stay with the WR, he hesitated...started to turn one way before turning the other.

#2 norwood (cost us sb win)

anyone who seriously thinks that is seriously in need of some education as well as class. Defense lost the game, not Scotty

1. Jason Peters-did alot more harm to a young team with his hold outs and whining than he ever did good in his overrated gameplay.

2. Rob Johson-not the only QB that has sucked for the Bills over the past decade, but the one who wanted nothing to do with Western New York and was on the first plane out of town when possible.3. Willis McGahee-Shiity attitude, Shiity personality-plain shiity person.

Can't believe I'm defending him, but in all fairness, can you blame him for not wanting to be in WNY year 'round?

The fans in Buffalo are unforgiving, and quite frankly, love to have a whipping boy.

That could be a whole 'nuther thread - a list of Bills whipping boys that fans have practically run out of town.

Glenn Parker comes to mind immediately. A big thanks to Chuck Dickerhead for the assist on that one.

Seem every year there's some player the fans choose to beat to a pulp. Whether or not they truly deserve the fan's scorn is debateable.

Rob Johnson was the incredibly fortunate beneficary of a team (Da Bills) getting overly excited after a few good preseason performances, and maybe a regular season one. They rewarded him a ridiculous contract, and then the whole Flutie thing erupts. Johnson was never going to be very good. Everyone from Wade Phillips to Jon Gruden through they could somehow reset his f'd up mental clock. As dedicated as he was tp physically improving himself, the timing issue was one that couldn't be resolved. Bledsoe and Losman both had similar timing issues.

One thing for sure: Johnson had a lucky horseshoe up his ass. When he need to, he performed like a season pro (those aforementioned Jags games that led to the big payday), the Colts game that put him in the starter position in Music City, and then, to beat all, he gets himself a superbowl championship ring with the Bucs. In a nutshell, a guy with 5th round talent, ends up with a HUGE multimillion dollar salary, and then rubs it in the face of 4-time superbowl losers like Jim Kelly, by winding up on a team that wins it all. I want him next to me in Vegas.

Anyway, for all the bashing Johnson received in the local media and the sports talk shows, if I were him, I don't think I'd want to hang around such a hostile environment either. But as previously noted, he did a lot of charity work in WNY for which he never sought out publicity. How many of you have done the same? Crumby player? Sure. But it's all water under the bridge. Can't hate the guy for being so damned lucky.

I have seen a lot of good names that bring back memories. Likes of Ronnie Harmon, Scotty Norwood, Rob Johnson and such. I am going to cover a bunch and lean in a different way. Piss on every ex-Bill that was drafted by the Bills and developed for years, usually 3-4, and left for huge contracts. Todays players have no loyalty and do not care about the game, it is all about the money. Hey ****heads if I can make and budget $30,000 a year certainly you can on your salaries. So to guys like Nate Clements I hope the rest of your career sucks.

For me it begins and ends with Doug Flutie. He was the most polarizing figure in Bills history. Not only did he divide the locker room but the fan base as well. He's been gone for over 10 years yet we still argue about him. This past week there were two threads on TSW regarding that POS.

actually, he was pretty decent...maybe average to above average until he made a position switch. When he came into the league in 95, with fellow CB Marlon Kerner, he was slotted at LCB on the 2nd team. He and Marlon never switched, either. When Jeff Burris left in free agency, that opened the starting spot at, you guessed it, LCB. Kerner's 2 knee injuries took him to IR and out of the competition for the starting role. Irvin held down the starting LCB spot and did ok, not great, with it until an injury in Winfield's rookie season. Antoine came in and played well at LCB the last few games of the season and, rather than switch the rookie over to RCB the next season when Thomas Smith left in free agency, they switched Irvin over ther and he struggled. You wouldn't think switching sides of the field would be a big deal, but Ken had the LCB so ingrained in muscle memory, that when turning out of his back-pedal to stay with the WR, he hesitated...started to turn one way before turning the other.

Nice KEN IRVIN analysis, but I think you have overated switching sides a little. Going from left to right or from the right to left side does not give you an excuse to absolutely lapse in coverage repeatedly. Kenny was a big gain waiting to happen, it didn't matter which side of the field he was playing. HE SUCKED HARD. For some odd reason, he recieved a lot of praise during his time in Minnesota, but I was glad to see him go.

Some that have not been mentioned. Most of the guys i didn't like came in trades of free agency..never turn on the home grown boys till they leave..then I hate em all :blush:

Vince Ferragamo --Now that dude just sucked when he came here

Eddie Robinson --See Chad Pennington, and about 30 other plays that year

Dam, can't remeber his name but D Lineman came from Tampa, lived in Toronto, and just flat out never gave a damn it appeared.

Quinn Early..dude just never appealed to me for some reasom

The third guy you're trying to remember was (not sure of the spelling, here) Chiti Ahonitu. Yea, the arrogance of being limosined in from Toronto. What? Buffalo wasn't good enough? I think that was during the Greg "Air Horn" Willaims era.

Plus, the guy was a journeyman at best as a defenseman.

Nice KEN IRVIN analysis, but I think you have overated switching sides a little. Going from left to right or from the right to left side does not give you an excuse to absolutely lapse in coverage repeatedly. Kenny was a big gain waiting to happen, it didn't matter which side of the field he was playing. HE SUCKED HARD. For some odd reason, he recieved a lot of praise during his time in Minnesota, but I was glad to see him go.

well, like I said, you wouldn't think it would be a big deal but the switch from LCB to RCB definitely hurt him..as far as sucking hard at LCB, that's ridiculous...he was definitely a downgrade from Burris and Kerner would've been better had he not gotten injured, but he hardly sucked hard..he was average and sometimes slightly above average...the praise in Minnesota can be attributed to one thing...coaching

It's your right to dislike whomever you want, but a lot of the guys mentioned are by most account very decent people. . . .

If a player gives his all and doesn't cut it, how can I fault them personally? At least they tried (are you listening Billy Joe Homework?) But if they're just a total dick & prima donna, I have no use for them.

These are my thoughts exactly. I could see disliking a player for being a jerk, or being selfish, or an underachiever. But to fault a guy for not having enough talent? I don't see how you can do that.

Most of us here don't have NFL-level talent either. Many (most?) of the people here would jump at the chance of an NFL paycheck, if that opportunity presented itself. So how do you fault a guy who gives it his all, but who didn't have as much talent as he (or the fans) would have liked?

One thing I was very surprised by was the mention of Scott Norwood's name. He seems like a guy who worked hard, gave it his best shot, and is a good man. He doesn't go around murdering ex-wives and their boyfriends, he doesn't steal $20 bills from people or get in trouble with the law, he was never known for slacking off. There's something to be said for that.

During that one Super Bowl, his best wasn't good enough. I'm sure the people hating on Scott Norwood have experienced their share of failures and setbacks in life. Times when their best wasn't good enough. How would they like to be treated after such times?

Some that have not been mentioned. Most of the guys i didn't like came in trades of free agency..never turn on the home grown boys till they leave..then I hate em all :blink:

Vince Ferragamo --Now that dude just sucked when he came here

Eddie Robinson --See Chad Pennington, and about 30 other plays that year

Dam, can't remeber his name but D Lineman came from Tampa, lived in Toronto, and just flat out never gave a damn it appeared.

Quinn Early..dude just never appealed to me for some reasom

Yeah, but do you remember his first game as a Bill? I had season tickets, and was pumped. Ferragamo came out and lit it up, in a heart-breaking loss. I think he had something like 375 yards... but 2 or 3 picks, and no td's. The Bills lost, something like 13-6...I just remember thinking the Bills were set, cuz they had an experienced SB QB, and my all-time favorite Bill, Jerry Butler came back from a major injury, and had a huge game... the sky was the limit, or so I thought...the Bills won only two games that year, and I don't think Vince was at the helm for either. He got benched after about 6 weeks. He was washed up....he looked about 10 years older every week...kind of the accelerated Drew Bledsoe routine. I still remember my father being amazed that Ferragamo, 5 games or so, into the season, had a huge wristband that he referred to, to call plays. I have seen that since, but never before... rumor was, he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer....

Can't believe I'm defending him, but in all fairness, can you blame him for not wanting to be in WNY year 'round?

The fans in Buffalo are unforgiving, and quite frankly, love to have a whipping boy.

That could be a whole 'nuther thread - a list of Bills whipping boys that fans have practically run out of town.

Glenn Parker comes to mind immediately. A big thanks to Chuck Dickerhead for the assist on that one.

Seem every year there's some player the fans choose to beat to a pulp. Whether or not they truly deserve the fan's scorn is debateable.

Rob Johnson was the incredibly fortunate beneficary of a team (Da Bills) getting overly excited after a few good preseason performances, and maybe a regular season one. They rewarded him a ridiculous contract, and then the whole Flutie thing erupts. Johnson was never going to be very good. Everyone from Wade Phillips to Jon Gruden through they could somehow reset his f'd up mental clock. As dedicated as he was tp physically improving himself, the timing issue was one that couldn't be resolved. Bledsoe and Losman both had similar timing issues.

One thing for sure: Johnson had a lucky horseshoe up his ass. When he need to, he performed like a season pro (those aforementioned Jags games that led to the big payday), the Colts game that put him in the starter position in Music City, and then, to beat all, he gets himself a superbowl championship ring with the Bucs. In a nutshell, a guy with 5th round talent, ends up with a HUGE multimillion dollar salary, and then rubs it in the face of 4-time superbowl losers like Jim Kelly, by winding up on a team that wins it all. I want him next to me in Vegas.

Anyway, for all the bashing Johnson received in the local media and the sports talk shows, if I were him, I don't think I'd want to hang around such a hostile environment either. But as previously noted, he did a lot of charity work in WNY for which he never sought out publicity. How many of you have done the same? Crumby player? Sure. But it's all water under the bridge. Can't hate the guy for being so damned lucky.

Bills fans were pretty crappy towards Rob Johnson. I remember him playing his ass off, one game, against the Chargers, at the Ralph. He had over 300 yards, but the Bills didn't have as many points as one would expect, given the game Johnson had played. All game long, fans booed him on any off play, and chanted for Flutie. As RJ was one to do, he got hurt in the final seconds of regulation, and the game went into OT. Flutie came in and drove the Bills to a winning field goal...all praise to the midget.

I know, from a personal connection to the Bills, that Flutie was less than professional, in dealing with Rob Johnson. Rob was too sensitive... Flutie was devisive...RJ couldn't handle it. Very high-school.

Well, if you're to believe 'hush, hush' inuendo, #12's poor judgement in a tryst with another players wife supposedly forced a departure that haunted the Bills for years. Another #12 scorned the city and the League for 'greener' pastures, as well as 1st overall pick Tom Cousineau. Losing Joe D before FA actually became the rule hurt very bad at the time as well.. Joe Cribbs backstab wasn't overcome 'til the USFL folded..

Just sayin'

Any of the players whom the Bills signed as Free Agents and all they did was collect their pay checks....

Derrick Dockery, Walker...

and some coaches....Dick Jauron...for all the horrible Personnel Moves...