Why are YOU a BILLS fan?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Race card? Black man? What the hell are you talking about? Who's black? Me? You?

Why are we combining card games with motor racing on a football message board? I don't even know where we're supposed to be racing to. This is so stupid.

Easy question and answer: Is Affirmative Action based on the content or character or the color of skin?

The answer is obvious. That's my beef. It's no more right than when whitey won't hire a minority because he's different.

Enough politicizing. My apologies if I offended. Glad we're both Bills fans. If I see you at the game I'll buy you a beer (or a malt liquor if you prefer).

BTW - I'm mixed (as if it matters)

Its Great to be on a Bills Board and no beef we here for the same reason.. A Malt Liquor lol I don't even drink and I will be attending a Bills home game for the 1st time. With a Throwback Thurman Thomas jersey and drinks on me... Go BIlls

I usually don’t get involved in the non-football potshots that go on here. I think that you, Laroc1015, have handled this situation quite well.

DML2005 really struck a sour chord with me with his comment on the short bus. I have great friend who has a wonderful child that rides the “short bus” as he calls it. It is bothersome to me to hear comments like that, especially the context it was used it in. Next he makes comments on affirmative action. I assume he is very young since he thinks that replacing the word "heart" with "fart" (see his avatar) is actually funny.

Hope you can make it up to Buffalo for a game sometime soon. The atmosphere is just great for football.

I've heard a lot about the atmosphere at the Ralph and this season will be my 1st time attending a Bills home game. To be around other fans that love this team as much as I do will be heart felt... I respect DML2005 regardless I like his Humor but the short bus and affirmative action thing wasn't called for! Hope to meet great fans like yourself at the stadium..

Thanks to all for your responses to my original question. I just needed some validation that I'm not nuts for staying a fan for the past 35 years. I still come to WNY each summer (parents still there) , hit Buffalo for real wings, the Falls and take in a game. I will see them play 2 times close to home this year at Wash and Balt. There really is something special about being a BILLS fan. We are good, hard working, blue collar type people that love family, friends and football.

They got my loyalty as long as they are the BUFFALO Bills.

I wonder myself why I like the Bills so much. I was born in the early 80s and didn't really start watching football until the the late 80s, so I actually started when there were good Bills teams. I also liked the 49ers because I was a big Montana fan, but I never had another team in the AFC that I liked.

Now there are other teams I respect in the AFC - like the Colts and at times I've been partial to the Chargers - but I really only like the Bills. For me personally, I like the fact that they are a consistant underdog, have a lot of tradition, still are in Buffalo (even though it's really OP), etc. If they ever win a title, it'll be one of the coolest things that I could witness.

Left upstate NY in 83.. I have no idea why I'm still a fan.. Glutton for punishment I guess.. Not like changing to the Chargers or Raiders would produce a different result.. LOL

I guess I like rooting for the underdog and the Bills have been under dogs even when they week good duringthe glory years.

I like it when the BIlls let other teams get a 3 touchdown lead then come roaring back to win. Of course its been a while since that happened. It has gone the other way the last 10 years or so.

Plus what the heck am I to do with all the BIlls gear I have ? I wish Ralpg was no longer the owner and that someone else would come in and take over and move the team forward.

Have liked the Bills for a long time. All the other kids growing up liked the Giants and Jets. I just wanted to be different.

wide right would have been your favorite play....

lawrence taylor...

eli manning...

trio of rbs....

great defenses!

great sb win over pats.

wow.

for me i was a little chump and promised to like the team that kicked ass on a particular monday night in 1990.

it was jets vs bills and bills won

i'm glad the lions didnt play that night! but of course sometimes i wonder what if it was denver or dallas (both with superbowl winning glory years) doh!

My uncle took me on an epic trip up to Buffalo (from Long Island) when I was 13 or 14. I got to do a lot of things a 13/14 year old shouldn't have been doing and then I got to see the Bills beat a Joe Montana-led Kansas City team. Actually I believe Bruce or Cornelius knocked Mr. Montana out of the game, can't remember exactly who delivered the blow. After the game I got to drive his car and do donuts in a nearby parking lot because my uncle had a few pints at the Ralph. Since then it's been a steady decline though I have to admit. But for Tim Russert and the countless/nameless many other Bills fans of the past, I'll stay a Bills fan and carry this team on my back. There's no if they don't do this by then out clause, I'm stuck with them and they're stuck with me. I'm loyal like that.

wide right would have been your favorite play....

lawrence taylor...

eli manning...

trio of rbs....

great defenses!

great sb win over pats.

wow.

Do you really think we arethe Clippers of the NFL. Now I don't claim to know squadoosch about the NBA but have the Clippers EVER been good? You know-did they go to 4 straight championship games. NBA finals? Or does the reference have another meaning?

Genetic pre-disposition. Must be something in the water.

Actually, from the Bills' inception until the day he died, my dad worked as a statistician for the Bills. Kept the rushing stats. One of my older brothers and I would often tag along and hang out in the press box at games. Magic to a five year old. And I remember it like it was yesterday. LOVED pouring over the mimeographed (yes mimeographed) play-by-play sheets we brought home after every home game. I saved them for years but lost them somehow. EVERY PLAY documented and relived. From the AFL title games to the complete suckitude that followed. What a ride!

Glory days, all.

GO BILLS!!!

like some on here, i was born into it. went the first year of their existence to the rockpile, saw the denver broncos in the horizontal socks, loved the ambience of the old rockpile, just loved the sport, the thrill of being a fan. just a way of life for me. since the glory years of the kelly era every game becomes an event. it is a chance for buffalo to compete on a national stage , be , in essence, on equal footing with the big boys. i am a buffalo booster, although the politcos make it very difficult for the city to succeed.

Do you really think we arethe Clippers of the NFL. Now I don't claim to know squadoosch about the NBA but have the Clippers EVER been good? You know-did they go to 4 straight championship games. NBA finals? Or does the reference have another meaning?

well we sure as hell aint the lakers of the nfl right now!!!

clippers have gone to the playoffs in the last 10 yrs. they were there in 05 or 06.

PS. NOT A CLIPPERS FAN.