Naaman Roosevelt

Thanks for posting that PTR. I'd not seen much of him play. He seems to be able to find open spaces and create room in tight areas. Several of those he found room behind defenders and placed himself in great position to make the play. He has some great ability and I hope he transistions well. That tape was impressive.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a long shot to make the roster, probably a PS player, but the kid has skills.

PTR

Can't say I like those announcers much.

He looks great, though. Highlight reels always do, but it's good stuff. Thanks for posting.

Going off of memory, PTR I think 103 grabs, 16 TDs and third in the nation in receptions in 2008.

Honestly, i could be wrong, but I don't think I am off by that much.

2006 31 for 429 and 2 TDs 13.8 YPA

2007 63 for 766 and 4 TDs 12.2

2008 104 for 1402 and 13 TDs 13.5

2009 70 for 954 and 9 TDs 13.6

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=188873

What happened to him in 2009? I don't really follow college ball much except for looking at prospects.

2006 31 for 429 and 2 TDs 13.8 YPA

2007 63 for 766 and 4 TDs 12.2

2008 104 for 1402 and 13 TDs 13.5

2009 70 for 954 and 9 TDs 13.6

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=188873

What happened to him in 2009? I don't really follow college ball much except for looking at prospects.

1. New Quarterback who had taken maybe a total of 10 snaps before the season.

2. James Starks went down as the star RB meaning teams could focus more on Naaman.

Hope he makes it.

QB Drew Willy graduated and wasn't around last year.

2. James Starks went down as the star RB meaning teams could focus more on Naaman.

Hope he makes it.

Speaking of Starks (another fine Niagara Falls High School grad who played for UB), some have hopes he will be the #2 RB in Green Bay before long:

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football...e=2010draftday3

193. Green Bay Packers: James Starks, RB. Starks isn't a threat to Ryan Grant just yet, but I love the guy's potential to be an NFL starter in the next few years. He's a big man, at 6-2 and somewhere in the 220-pound range, and fell this far in the draft because he missed the entire '09 season with a torn labrum in his shoulder. Starks ran a 4.50 at the combine, is a good blocker and pass-catcher, and is one of those big men who somehow regularly find their way through the hole with good burst and make people miss in small spaces. He's not a burner, won't get around the corner very often, and of course, we can't be guaranteed the shoulder is right. But I nominate him as a potential No. 2 rusher in Green Bay in Week 1. Brandon Jackson has a challenger.

Hope he makes it.

QB Drew Willy graduated and wasn't around last year.

Got it. Thanks, gents.

Looking at the WR roster, it wouldn't surprise me if the kid made the team. He doesn't have to beat out much? I can't remember a weaker Bills WR roster than the one we have now. Is this the worst WR roster of all time?

Somewhere I saw the words "the competition" and Hardy. It is a repeated theme that Hardy is a lock. The only thing I have heard about him is that he showed up out of shape.

Everybody questions every other draft pick, but Hardy gets a pass most of the time, from what I've seen. He was a disappointment when he played then was injured and missed a year. When he came back, he couldn't crack the lineup. THEN...he shows up out of shape for OTA's? Hardy is the epitome of hard work and dedication.

Maybe, with Roosevelt, the fact the that he went to UB allowed us to get an inside scoop, and snag a diamond in the rough. There were a lot of teams that passed on Freddy Jackson, too. I know there are exceptions, and most UDFA's don't make the grade, but !@#$... I would rather see Roosevelt take Hardy's spot, as opposed to another year of waiting for him to remove his head from his ass, and dedicate himself to football.

Somewhere I saw the words "the competition" and Hardy. It is a repeated theme that Hardy is a lock. The only thing I have heard about him is that he showed up out of shape.

Everybody questions every other draft pick, but Hardy gets a pass most of the time, from what I've seen. He was a disappointment when he played then was injured and missed a year. When he came back, he couldn't crack the lineup. THEN...he shows up out of shape for OTA's? Hardy is the epitome of hard work and dedication.

Maybe, with Roosevelt, the fact the that he went to UB allowed us to get an inside scoop, and snag a diamond in the rough. There were a lot of teams that passed on Freddy Jackson, too. I know there are exceptions, and most UDFA's don't make the grade, but !@#$... I would rather see Roosevelt take Hardy's spot, as opposed to another year of waiting for him to remove his head from his ass, and dedicate himself to football.

I don't think anyone is giving Hardy a free pass, per se, and that it's a matter more of giving everyone a pass for having to play in Jauron's (n)offenses. I was a Hardy fan, but it's time to spit or get off the pot.

Again, the WR situation will be an interesting one. There seem to be some good prospects on the team. Whether they turn out to be anything remains to be seen.

Doc, what you say is true and I cannot diagree with your post.

I just don't like that fact that we are starting the season with only one legitimate proven NFL WR. IMO, as a fan that is unacceptable to me. The Bills organization should be ashamed of themselves. We as fans should be "outraged" by the product that they will put on the field. This organization hasn't filled the void of Reed/TO. The WR core has to be one of the worst in the NFL. Right up there with the Browns and Bears.

What a sorry organization........

UB uses the Bills fieldhouse for practice so all Nix has to do is walk down the hallway to see them.

PTR

I don't think Hardy is a lock to make this team, as a matter of fact I think Easley takes his spot.

Johnson already is listed ahead of Hardy on the Bills Website depth chart. Parrish seems to be re-energized to do better and I hope he does because you cant teach speed.

So it could end up like this. Evans, Johnson, Easly are locks.

Hardy, Parrish, Chad Johnson, Roosevelt, Huggins, Nelson are gonna fight it out for the remaining 3 spots. Three of these guys won't make the game day roster. Thinking Huggins stays because of Special Teams. So really you have 2 spots left.

Maybe they keep Nelson and Roosie on the Practice squad. I expect either Hardy, Parrish and Chad are on the bubble right now. I would not be surprised at all if Hardy was cut.

I don't think Hardy is a lock to make this team, as a matter of fact I think Easley takes his spot.

Johnson already is listed ahead of Hardy on the Bills Website depth chart. Parrish seems to be re-energized to do better and I hope he does because you cant teach speed.

So it could end up like this. Evans, Johnson, Easly are locks.

Hardy, Parrish, Chad Johnson, Roosevelt, Huggins, Nelson are gonna fight it out for the remaining 3 spots. Three of these guys won't make the game day roster. Thinking Huggins stays because of Special Teams. So really you have 2 spots left.

Maybe they keep Nelson and Roosie on the Practice squad. I expect either Hardy, Parrish and Chad are on the bubble right now. I would not be surprised at all if Hardy was cut.

There is a good chance that Buffalo only keeps 5. There is a good chance that Nelson and Roosevelt won't make the team solely on the fact that they can fall below the radar and be kept on the practice squad. Unless either of those 2 are a threat to be an immediate starter, I would expect them to get cut.

If you are Chix and plan to keep 5 or 6 on your active roster, you can make it effectively 7-8 if Nelson and Roosevelt go to the PS. If you give one of them a roster spot - only Easley is still eligible and if you cut him, he will get picked up.

Which means - if I was Chix, I would expect the following:

Evans - guaranteed spot

Jackson, Hardy, Johnson - battle for #2, #4 and to be cut (2 of 3 will be in)

Parrish - most likely #3

Easley - 2nd best chance of making team behind Evans - even though he may not start

Huggins - They will only keep him if they decide to have the 6th spot for ST, otherwise, he won't make the team

Roosevelt and Nelson - Practice Squad

Well, 32 teams saw fit not to draft him, and he was picked up as a UFDA...

Hope he does well, but the college ranks are littered with receivers. Perhaps more than before, with the spread offense being the darling the past several years. Dilution.

I reject the popular notion that it takes 3 years for a wr to blossom.

32 teams passed on Miles Austin too. That's poor logic to use to dismiss a player. NFL teams make mistakes all the time. It's not an exact science.

NR is a player, pure and simple. He will play in this league. He runs great routes, catches everything, and is great after the catch. He played QB in high school and still is learning the receiver position. Additionally, he light up a top 15 Pitt team for 157 yards and 2 tds. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=188873

NR is going to be on a NFL roster, book it.