Who will be the "promising" cuts?

IMO, there's an outside chance Whitner gets a visit from the turk. He'll be competing with George Wilson and Bryan Scott at SS, with Jairus Byrd the man at FS. Whitner is owed just shy of 2.5M in 2010 and has a voidable year in 2011.

Not a chance. Whitner is a good safety. You might hold it against him forever that he was drafted so high, but he is a good player. With a little coaching we might see something very strange...player progression!! I have seen this on TV....players that a team drafts actually get better over time. I am very excited at the prospect.

Stroud and Hangartner. Stroud will not make the transition to DE. Plays to stiff and no lateral movement, Carrington shows more promise and youth. Hangartner will be replaced by Wood. Hangartner has been a disappointment, not as good as Fowler on par with Preston just too small and gets man handled, can't stop the rush and gets no movement in the run game.

according to sirius NFL, hangartner was Buffalo's best OL last year. I don't think he will be cut, he is not great but he is at least average and average isn't horrible. If wood is moved there, who takes over RG, a rookie?

not part of what was quoted, Kelsey will have a good year as an OLB, he was over-matched as an LE, playing in space he'll be fine. Coming out of Neb, he was considered an Outside LB in the 3-4 or an undersized end. He is every bit as athletic as Jarrett Johnson, he'll be fine.

Nic Harris will be with this team, no question. In dime packages and in Nickels his ability to cover TEs and deep zone will be very important. I expect Moats to be on the PS. Our ILBs will be Poz, Davis, Mitchell and Harris. OLBs Maybin, Torbor, Kelsey, Battan (special teams is where he will get his start) and Coleman (ST again)

DE-Stroud, Edwards, carrington, Johnson

NT-Troup, Williams and Harvey

CB-McGee, McKelvin, Florance, Corner, and sargeant

safeties-Whitner, Byrd, wilson, Scott

QBs-Edwards, Brohm, and Fitz with Brown on PS

RBs Spiller, Jackson, and Lynch

FB McIntyre

TE Stupar, nelson and Klopfenstein

My starting OL- Jamon Meredith, Andy Levitre, Geoff Hangartner, Eric Wood and Cornell Green, if Bell is Healthy, Bell might start at RT, not a LT, I feel Meredith can be the starter there for the next 10 years if healthy.

back ups Bell, Calloway, and Gaddis with Wang be on the PS. Sanborn the LS

WR-Evans, Jackson, Johnson, Parrish, and Easley-Hardy is gone, Naaman Roosevelt on PS

Lindell and Moorman

I think that is 52 dressed at this point

Not a chance. Whitner is a good safety. You might hold it against him forever that he was drafted so high, but he is a good player. With a little coaching we might see something very strange...player progression!! I have seen this on TV....players that a team drafts actually get better over time. I am very excited at the prospect.

Nope.......whitner Sucks

Stroud and Hangartner. Stroud will not make the transition to DE. Plays to stiff and no lateral movement, Carrington shows more promise and youth. Hangartner will be replaced by Wood. Hangartner has been a disappointment, not as good as Fowler on par with Preston just too small and gets man handled, can't stop the rush and gets no movement in the run game.

Ok, then who replaces Wood at RG?

I think those guys stay around this year...but I could see them, as well as Kelsay getting cut next year for sure...especially if some of the younger guys have good seasons. I think Maybin will have double-digit sacks, Eric Wood will come back fine and be a dominant Center in this league for years, and Alex Carrington is gonna be a stud.

I agree. I think Whitner and Byrd will be one of the best tandems in the league. Our secondary will be just as good as the Jets because our Safety position is stronger than theirs.

according to sirius NFL, hangartner was Buffalo's best OL last year. I don't think he will be cut, he is not great but he is at least average and average isn't horrible. If wood is moved there, who takes over RG, a rookie?

not part of what was quoted, Kelsey will have a good year as an OLB, he was over-matched as an LE, playing in space he'll be fine. Coming out of Neb, he was considered an Outside LB in the 3-4 or an undersized end. He is every bit as athletic as Jarrett Johnson, he'll be fine.

Nic Harris will be with this team, no question. In dime packages and in Nickels his ability to cover TEs and deep zone will be very important. I expect Moats to be on the PS. Our ILBs will be Poz, Davis, Mitchell and Harris. OLBs Maybin, Torbor, Kelsey, Battan (special teams is where he will get his start) and Coleman (ST again)

DE-Stroud, Edwards, carrington, Johnson

NT-Troup, Williams and Harvey

CB-McGee, McKelvin, Florance, Corner, and sargeant

safeties-Whitner, Byrd, wilson, Scott

QBs-Edwards, Brohm, and Fitz with Brown on PS

RBs Spiller, Jackson, and Lynch

FB McIntyre

TE Stupar, nelson and Klopfenstein

My starting OL- Jamon Meredith, Andy Levitre, Geoff Hangartner, Eric Wood and Cornell Green, if Bell is Healthy, Bell might start at RT, not a LT, I feel Meredith can be the starter there for the next 10 years if healthy.

back ups Bell, Calloway, and Gaddis with Wang be on the PS. Sanborn the LS

WR-Evans, Jackson, Johnson, Parrish, and Easley-Hardy is gone, Naaman Roosevelt on PS

Lindell and Moorman

I think that is 52 dressed at this point

No way Hardy gets cut....and NO WAY Ed Wang goes on the practice squard. They will NOT risk that.

Seeing it in writing makes me feel so negative . Our OL has a chance to be pitiful, at best. We are in trouble. Taht being said, our def ends are not ionspiring thoughts of Bruce Smith either. Seeing our Qbs again in writing also lead me to believe 6-10 wopuld be realistic. We need 3 more solid drafts to turn this around unless we pick up star OL , Des and a real Qb.

There are 3 factors in whether a useless young player will be cut.

Is he completely useless?

Would it create egg on the face of the franchise to cut him?

Is he a good teammate or a distraction in the locker room.

For Maybinot items 1 and 2 are clear. He is clearly useless, but it would also create egg. Now we come to item 3 which is always the most difficult to decide. I think given all the bragadocious tweets with nothing behind them, there is at least a chance Maybinot is a distraction. We shall see on cut day.

I think one of their QB's will get cut early-on...I'll go on the limb and say Ryan Fitzpatrick. I could see them bringing someone else who is marginal from another team's cuts.

Even if Fitz is the third qb why would you cut him only to replace him with another marginal qb? Fitz is not a full time starter. But he can perform a useful role as a backup or a backup to the backup who can come in and hold the fort for you for a short emergency stint.

Edwards and Brohm will be battling it out for the starting job. When the starting qb is designated that doesn't mean that the starting position is going to be settled. If one qb falters the HC is not going to be reluctant to go to the next option. This is going to be a year long competition.

Everyone who is sober knows that this team isn't going anywhere. The coaching staff will find out if either Brohm or Trent are capable of being a franchise qb. If not, then the team will continue their search for its franchise qb.

Ellis? Hardy? Harris? Parrish? McCargo? Rookies? etc.?

Every team has to make the cuts. Decent prospects get axed.

Thoughts?

At this point Ellis, Hardy, and McCargo are not decent prospects. They are not capable of playing to any degree of effectiveness in the NFL. I will add Aaron Maybin as well. They may make the team however simply because the talent level on the roster is so poor right now. And in Maybin's case, he makes the team solely because he was a 1st round pick last year. If he was a free agent, he'd be gone.

Harris may stick. I haven't seen enough of him to make an educated evaluation.

Parrish is one heck of a punt returner but I suspect Spiller will push for that role.

...I agree. I think Whitner and Byrd will be one of the best tandems in the league. Our secondary will be just as good as the Jets because our Safety position is stronger than theirs...

While I strongly agree our safeties are better, until we get a CB like Revis, I can't agree that our secondary is better. Not by a long shot. Revis allows the Jests to do things with their fronts and secondary that we can't. It's that simple.

Perhaps someone on our roster will emerge as a Revis-like CB and allow our D to take the liberties that he allows the Jests, but until I actually see that CB on our squad, I can't say our secondary is better.

GO BILLS!!!

I would say that Hardy and Parrish are very likely to remain Buffalo Bills- and rightly so. Parrish is at the very least an top punt returner whom a coach with some offensive prowess could make into a Wes Welker type of player. Hardy is basically entering his second season and for the first time playing for a coach who actually has a clue

He isn't a Wes Welker type. He isn't very good, while Welker is very good. Parrish is the Adam type and should have to pay for tickets to be at the stadium

IMO, there's an outside chance Whitner gets a visit from the turk.

And wouldn't that just be a hap-hap-happy day here at TSW.

Parrish is at the very least an top punt returner whom a coach with some offensive prowess could make into a Wes Welker type of player.

God in Heaven....MAKE IT STOP!!! :thumbsup::wallbash::wallbash: