Who will be the "promising" cuts?

Ellis? Hardy? Harris? Parrish? McCargo? Rookies? etc.?

Every team has to make the cuts. Decent prospects get axed.

Thoughts?

I think Ellis and McCargo are probable cuts. Both are high draft choices who represent the miserable failure of the prior regime. Whenever there is a change in a front office the players brought in by the new group usually have an advantage over those players brought in by the prior staff.

Parrish is an interesting player. He has some unique skills which haven't been utilized or maybe just don't translate into the NFL game. If this staff can exploit his abilities then that is an indication that improvement within through better coaching should accelerate the rebuilding process of this franchise.

Thoughts?

I would say that Hardy and Parrish are very likely to remain Buffalo Bills- and rightly so. Parrish is at the very least an top punt returner whom a coach with some offensive prowess could make into a Wes Welker type of player. Hardy is basically entering his second season and for the first time playing for a coach who actually has a clue

I would say that Hardy and Parrish are very likely to remain Buffalo Bills- and rightly so. Parrish is at the very least an top punt returner whom a coach with some offensive prowess could make into a Wes Welker type of player. Hardy is basically entering his second season and for the first time playing for a coach who actually has a clue

Roscoe Parrish is not Wes Welker. Never mind coaching - even when Wes Welker was working with Mike Mularkey as his OC, with a sackload of crap QBs in Miami, he put up better numbers than Roscoe could dream of at WR.

Thoughts?

Did you leave Maybinot off the list because of the premise that the prospect must be "promising"?

Does promising a bunch of stuff on twitter count as promising?

Hard to say at this point. Could see some big time veterans be cut, well big time for the Bills. If Kelsay or Mitchell don't start on this defense, I could see them cut for younger guys as back ups, rather then those guys taking up roster spots. As far as young guys. I'm amazed McCargo is even on this team still, same for Ellis.

I think Ellis and McCargo are probable cuts. Both are high draft choices who represent the miserable failure of the prior regime. Whenever there is a change in a front office the players brought in by the new group usually have an advantage over those players brought in by the prior staff.

Parrish is an interesting player. He has some unique skills which haven't been utilized or maybe just don't translate into the NFL game. If this staff can exploit his abilities then that is an indication that improvement within through better coaching should accelerate the rebuilding process of this franchise.

I think one of their QB's will get cut early-on...I'll go on the limb and say Ryan Fitzpatrick. I could see them bringing someone else who is marginal from another team's cuts. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Chris Ellis DE who has been with the organiztion a few years and hasn't produced much of anything to be cut if he has a lackluster camp. I think it's make or break for James Hardy WR, as he really has to do a good job or he may be gone. It's time to let some of the

deadweight go! I don't like Ellis or McCargo and am down with that as well. I think the Bills have an abundance at RB and will want to hang on to one or two extra and place them on the practice squad this year! Heck, there is probably about 20 players I'd like to cut after watching this team the past few years!

IMO, there's an outside chance Whitner gets a visit from the turk. He'll be competing with George Wilson and Bryan Scott at SS, with Jairus Byrd the man at FS. Whitner is owed just shy of 2.5M in 2010 and has a voidable year in 2011.

brett johnson, whom the eagles just claimed from the bills, was a good safety prospect. I think he will be a good player in this league.

The front office doesnt have the stones to cut Maybin, like they know they should. Of course, we have to pay him either way.

Fitzpatrick is gone, he costs too much.

Thoughts?

In general, with this being Buddy and Chan's first draft class coming into their first training camp in charge of the Bills, I seriously doubt if any of the draftees will get cut, in favor of any of the undrafted FA rookies. But I'm sure we'll see a surprising veteran or three cut along the way as camp progresses. I like the serious tone Gailey has set even during the mini camps and OTA's. I've read that the team is working way harder in the weight room and the training room under the two new strength and conditioning coaches, and training camp should be very interesting this year. :bag:

Hard to say at this point. Could see some big time veterans be cut, well big time for the Bills. If Kelsay or Mitchell don't start on this defense, I could see them cut for younger guys as back ups, rather then those guys taking up roster spots. As far as young guys. I'm amazed McCargo is even on this team still, same for Ellis.

Good points, mattsox.

And your Goodbye Dick avatar is a prize winner!

I was hoping to photoshop a picture of Ralph dropping Dick off (well, kicking him out of the PT Cruiser) at some mythical junction of routes 7 and 9.

But I'm not that good at Photoshop.

Stroud and Hangartner. Stroud will not make the transition to DE. Plays to stiff and no lateral movement, Carrington shows more promise and youth. Hangartner will be replaced by Wood. Hangartner has been a disappointment, not as good as Fowler on par with Preston just too small and gets man handled, can't stop the rush and gets no movement in the run game.