Pat Moran reporting Edwards will be qb1 = continuity of FAIL

bfw1234

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since they did not add anyone to the mix in the off season, does it REALLY matter which of these guys starts....Anyone who wants Edwards to start will get their wish to start the season. Anyone who wants Brohm to start will get their wish at the midway point. Anyone who wants Fitz or the 7th rounder to start, well......not so much

I wonder who these anonymous players are and why they would know anything. If Gailey really did not want anyone knowing the "pecking order" then how do two players on the roster find out? I could care less about all this "pecking order" nonsense. Can't we just fast forward to the preseason already?

I am ok with this. He has shown ability. The correct coaching staff can do wonders. Lets just watch this play out.

I am okay with this given the fact that we have no real choices here. Do you pick the ugly sister, the prude or the B word?

Buffalo hasn't developed a QB since 1986 (Jim Kelly). Todd Collins was quickly shown the door, Losman & Edwards have both been badly mismanaged, so let's see what Gailey can do with Edwards. If Edwards gets the nod as starter and can't get it done this year, then he'll be out of here at the end of the season.

I don't think it's surprising that Edwards is 1a going into camp. We have 1a, 1b, and 1c. The starter against Miami will come out of camp, not go into it.

+1

Just because a particular QB, oh.....let's just say Edwards for example.....is at the top of the pecking order going into camp, that doesn't mean that same QB will be at the top of the order coming out of camp. I think Gailey is open enough to do an honest evaluation during camp and give the starting job to the guy that he feels will give the Bills the best chance this year.

Now. That being said, Gailey could decide that even though TE might be better right out of the gate, Brohm has the most upside in the long run. So it's possible that Chan may throw Brohm feet first into the fire and be willing to sacrifice the first 3-4 games but banking that Brohm will come out of the baptism-by-fire by game 4 or 5 and be a smoke monster.

And I used baptism and smoke monster, so that ought to piss off someone.

Buffalo hasn't developed a QB since 1986 (Jim Kelly). Todd Collins was quickly shown the door, Losman & Edwards have both been badly mismanaged, so let's see what Gailey can do with Edwards. If Edwards gets the nod as starter and can't get it done this year, then he'll be out of here at the end of the season.

I don't think the Bills really developed Kelly ... he arrived quite polished already. Did he improve in Buffalo? Yes ... but we didn't get him from being a college QB to a pro QB.

if you remember,3 years in the USFL developed jim kelly, like i have posted before, then it still took him a few seasons to find someone other than Metzelaars.....if Kelly comes to camp as a true rookie, maybe hes the same nfl impact player but not likely at least not for the team which drafted him.