The TO Show...season 2

Buftex

Anyone watch the season premiere of "The TO Show" on VH-1? I did. Couldn't resist, as it dealt with his last days in Buffalo.

I was just waiting for some disparaging remarks about the city, but other than a few complaints about the cold, TO summed up his stay in Buffalo as "disappointing" as he didn't feel like he, or the team, did as well as he had envisioned. A montage, showing TO in winter gear, walking on the snow coverd Albright Knox stairs, contrasting the hoopla of his arrival, with the insignificance of his departure. No snarky remarks about teammates, or the city, though.

Lots of footage of snow falling...as you recall, the last Bills game was played in a winer wonderland...TO expresses to his friends that he is a little down, and "maybe football isn't for me anymore". Two days later, he leaves Buffalo, and meets up with his friends in LA. The closest he came to slamming Buffalo? One of his friends says something about them being worried about him, and having him on suicide watch...he jokes "I'm going to commit suicide because I am leaving Buffalo?"

After about the first 10-12 minutes, all the Buffalo stuff is over...back to mind-numbing reality....

btw- The TO Show deserves an Emmy in comparison to the train-wreck that is the "Ocho Cinco" dating show/contest that precedes it...like the Bachelor on steroids..awful tv!

Buffalo is a barren wasteland...if you are a Hollywood jet-setter used to having paparazzi following you around. For the rest of normal society it's just fine.

PTR

Lindsay Lohan probation setting? Is that what you're saying?

Buffalo is a barren wasteland...if you are a Hollywood jet-setter used to having paparazzi following you around. For the rest of normal society it's just fine.

PTR

Buffalo is considered the arctic of the US, however unfairly that is presented. It's considerably colder in the UP of Michigan and that whole area.

Buffalo is considered the arctic of the US, however unfairly that is presented. It's considerably colder in the UP of Michigan and that whole area.

I had heard that while Buffalo gets more snow, it is actually the St Paul Minnesota are that is coldest, on average, in the US.

I had heard that while Buffalo gets more snow, it is actually the St Paul Minnesota are that is coldest, on average, in the US.

The states west of the great lakes are generally colder than western New York, because the artic air comes down from the northwest. When the winds cross the lakes, the water (or even ice) tends to warm them a little if they are below freezing. So we are warmer but get more precipitation.

More snow to shovel, but at least you don't need a heater on your engine block.

Anyone watch the season premiere of "The TO Show" on VH-1? I did. Couldn't resist, as it dealt with his last days in Buffalo.

I was just waiting for some disparaging remarks about the city, but other than a few complaints about the cold, TO summed up his stay in Buffalo as "disappointing" as he didn't feel like he, or the team, did as well as he had envisioned. A montage, showing TO in winter gear, walking on the snow coverd Albright Knox stairs, contrasting the hoopla of his arrival, with the insignificance of his departure. No snarky remarks about teammates, or the city, though.

Lots of footage of snow falling...as you recall, the last Bills game was played in a winer wonderland...TO expresses to his friends that he is a little down, and "maybe football isn't for me anymore". Two days later, he leaves Buffalo, and meets up with his friends in LA. The closest he came to slamming Buffalo? One of his friends says something about them being worried about him, and having him on suicide watch...he jokes "I'm going to commit suicide because I am leaving Buffalo?"

After about the first 10-12 minutes, all the Buffalo stuff is over...back to mind-numbing reality....

btw- The TO Show deserves an Emmy in comparison to the train-wreck that is the "Ocho Cinco" dating show/contest that precedes it...like the Bachelor on steroids..awful tv!

After his Realtor told everyone on TV where he'd be living forcing him to find another place, Van Pelt breaking his reception streak by not calling a throw for him and being in a small town I wouldn't have been surprised or upset with him much if he did deride the city a little. He's definitely taking the high road and I can understand why he'd be happy to leave. JMO

After his Realtor told everyone on TV where he'd be living forcing him to find another place, Van Pelt breaking his reception streak by not calling a throw for him and being in a small town I wouldn't have been surprised or upset with him much if he did deride the city a little. He's definitely taking the high road and I can understand why he'd be happy to leave. JMO

Yes, Owens comes off, all and all, pretty good on his show. Of course, it has to be the most scripted "reality" show out there.. :bag:

I think his season in Buffalo, his show, were all done with the intent of re-habilatiting his image, rather than winning football games. I really don't think his main concern, while in Buffalo, was to put up big numbers, and win games. It was more to get people (media specifically) to start talking about what an upstanding citizen he was, in a crummy situation like Buffalo, and to disprove, once and for all, that he was not a "team cancer".

What I don't think he banked on was that, unless he did something incredible on the field, or, if the Bills didn't become relevant on the field, nobody was going to pay attention. Ultimately, the last "news" most remember about Owens, was the way he was banished from the Cowboys. Now, he can't find a job. He is still lobbying for a job with the Redskins, no doubt relishing the headlines he would make playing against the Cowboys two, or maybe three, times this season. I don't think Shanahan will want any part of that... I really think he ends up signing with the Titans.

The closest he came to slamming Buffalo? One of his friends says something about them being worried about him, and having him on suicide watch...he jokes "I'm going to commit suicide because I am leaving Buffalo?"

That's an interesting comment for his friend to make, considering he "tried to commit suicide" in Dallas. :bag:

BuffaloAnywhere other than NYC, LA or Vegas is a barren wasteland...if you are a Hollywood jet-setter used to having paparazzi following you around. For the rest of normal society it's just fine.

Fixed.

Obviously Buffalo was not his first choice given someone of his status and ego etc.....

Few cities are commensurate with a lot of these guys' expectations and egos. LA, Vegas, NYC and Miami and partly Atlanta and Dallas and that is about it.

Buffalo always seems to get a bad rap as nobody seems to mention Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Green Bay, Detroit, Cinci etc....

I agree with PTR that to the vast, vast majority those are great cities but do not have the glitz and glamaour that a lot of the athletes think they deserve. Remember you are dealing with some of the most coddled and self important people in the world....look at L James and how he just left Cleveland. It became too small for him and Miami and its glitz and glamour and fame fit his lifestyle better. Unfortunately that is what gets noticed in society. There are about 1000 employees at the Cleveland Clinic that will do more good for society today than L James will do in his entire life, but our society values, at least externally what L James does. That is no knock on him it just is how things are viewed....sad but true.

TO took the high road in Buffalo and I think 95% of the blame for his poor performance (yet the best offensive player on the team last year anyways) was due to dreadful QB play. If the Bills had a great QB both he and Lee would have been in the pro bowl but we are still waiting for that QB and looks like we will for at least another few years...uplifting huh?