Tony Dungy: Michael Vick may still face NFL punishment from Roger Good

Former NFL coach Tony Dungy said Thursday that Michael Vick may not still face repercussions from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell despite police in Virginia clearing him of criminal wrongdoing in a June 25 shooting at his birthday party.

Speaking to the Dan Patrick radio show, Dungy said Vick, on probation for his 2007 dogfighting conviction, was wrong to put himself in a dangerous situation at the birthday party that was open to the public for an admission fee. "You can't do anything that's going to put a bad face on the NFL," Dungy said, "...he probably didn't live up to that."

While Vick has avoided criminal liability at the party, Dungy noted that the event "could have been disastrous and may still be" if the NFL or federal probation officials decide Vick overstepped boundaries.

Goodell is investigating whether Vick broke the terms of his 2009 reinstatement. Dungy said he spoke to Vick the day after the incident, in which the AP reported that his former codefendant, Quanis Phillips, was shot. Police have identified the shooter but said they can't prosecute now because of a lack of cooperation from the victim and witnesses.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/th...roger-goodell/1

Former NFL coach Tony Dungy said Thursday that Michael Vick may not still face repercussions from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell despite police in Virginia clearing him of criminal wrongdoing in a June 25 shooting at his birthday party.

Speaking to the Dan Patrick radio show, Dungy said Vick, on probation for his 2007 dogfighting conviction, was wrong to put himself in a dangerous situation at the birthday party that was open to the public for an admission fee. "You can't do anything that's going to put a bad face on the NFL," Dungy said, "...he probably didn't live up to that."

While Vick has avoided criminal liability at the party, Dungy noted that the event "could have been disastrous and may still be" if the NFL or federal probation officials decide Vick overstepped boundaries.

Goodell is investigating whether Vick broke the terms of his 2009 reinstatement. Dungy said he spoke to Vick the day after the incident, in which the AP reported that his former codefendant, Quanis Phillips, was shot. Police have identified the shooter but said they can't prosecute now because of a lack of cooperation from the victim and witnesses.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/th...roger-goodell/1

How dare Dungy make such a ridiculous statement?!?! Vick served his time in prison and should be able to live it up for his 30th birthday if he wants to. Cover charge or no cover charge. :rolleyes:

How dare Dungy make such a ridiculous statement?!?! Vick served his time in prison and should be able to live it up for his 30th birthday if he wants to. Cover charge or no cover charge. :rolleyes:

Wasn't Dungy suspended from the League for robbing the Colts of a couple of SBs?

Wasn't Dungy suspended from the League for robbing the Colts of a couple of SBs?

Actually, he was let go by the Bucs for that "supposed" reason. Enter the John Gruden era. :thumbsup:

20...but I think they moved a decimal place to the right...2.0 sounds more accurate

http://www.faniq.com/blog/2009-NFL-Wonderl...sses-Blog-20999

I think the rule of thumb is a 20 corresponds to a 100 on a standard IQ test. 100 is considered average. I'd say impulse control and entitlement are much more the issue.

I wouldn't be surprised if, like Chris Henry he had some brain trauma, or at the very least a history of abuse. Not an excuse, but at some level I'm curious how/why people end up like he is...

Yeah Vick's problem isn't so much on an inability to think logically, but an inability to decide to think logically.

yeah, I think anyone holding out on the 'well, he had no control' left that bandwagon when it came out he was charging admission. In what world is it logical or even sane to charge admission to your birthday party?