Fan falls 30 feet at Rangers game trying to catch foul ball

Pete

Hopefully the guy pulss through without lasting harm.

I was at a rangers game years ago sitting close to the field along the first baseline. A guy one section over got drilled in the head with a line drive - I guess he was talking to someone and did not see it coming. It knocked him out cold. I assume he was OK in the end because I heard nothing more about it.

Pulled this off of one of the YouTube's coment section on the fall.

this is my cusin. he was not drunk. he was just tryin to catch a foul ball that had bounced back to him. he was standing in water from the rain. he just slipped. he is a firemen and perimedic.hes not just a dumbass who was tryin to hurt ppl. he was there with 7 other firemen from his crew. you need to be thankful he is still n this world. it could have turned out more bad than it is. and ppl who think its so funny what if it was your son or cusin. Thank You God MyHanna02 2 hours ago

I've always pictured this kind of thing happening when some drunk gets a hold of one of those green monster seats out here in Boston. I've never actually been up there, but any time they show the seats on tv, it looks like there isn't too much up there to block people. Then again, I'm sure it's something they considered very seriously when designing those seats.

I've always pictured this kind of thing happening when some drunk gets a hold of one of those green monster seats out here in Boston. I've never actually been up there, but any time they show the seats on tv, it looks like there isn't too much up there to block people. Then again, I'm sure it's something they considered very seriously when designing those seats.

The Green Monster seats have a little table ledge in front of them - a place for your beer/food and are also pretty high - you'd really have to climb up and over to go over the wall (then again, if you build a better barrier they'll build a better drunken idiot so I could see someone going over the wall at some point).

The Green Monster seats have a little table ledge in front of them - a place for your beer/food and are also pretty high - you'd really have to climb up and over to go over the wall (then again, if you build a better barrier they'll build a better drunken idiot so I could see someone going over the wall at some point).

I have faith in the typical drunken south Boston fool. They'll find a way.