Vikes waive QB

The Minnesota Vikings have waived quarterback R.J. Archer, a rookie free agent from William and Mary.

I have seen this guy play at WM and he looks like a stud.

What do you guys think? Is worth a taking a shot at? He won't cost us anything.

The Minnesota Vikings have waived quarterback R.J. Archer, a rookie free agent from William and Mary.

I don't know anything about the guy. Maybe he's worth a looksee.

But don't believe that he doesn't cost us anything. He does. We can only carry 80 players to find a final roster of 53, and we have a LOT of open positions. Since inevitably people get hurt in camp that's also a few less bodies that we will carry.

I'd say the biggest reason to pick the guy up and give a look would be if the coaches were really disappointed in Levi Brown and had a high grade on RJ.

He's too green right now. Let him spend some time on a practice squad, then we can sign him the 2nd half of this season. After that we can have him start a game & suck because he doesn't have our system mastered, and then next winter 25% of the people on this board will proclaim him as their choice to be the starter in 2011. :P

I'd say the biggest reason to pick the guy up and give a look would be if the coaches were really disappointed in Levi Brown and had a high grade on RJ.

Precisely. The Bills have already spent a 7th-round draft choice on a developmental QB; a developmental QB who showed a lot of promise in college (I'm sure someone out there would categorize Brown as "a stud"), a developmental QB who is going to be nothing more than camp fodder/practice squad material this year. Why, in God's name, would the Bills waste the time and effort to exactly duplicate the same scenario? There are only so many roster spots, and a LOT of holes to fill. Pass.

I am down in Washington DC right now and there are rumors floating around that the local high school has a kid at quarterback that they are going to have to cut because of his grades ... definitely a diamond in the rough for the Bills to pick up.

In fact, from scanning the reports coming out of ESPN, NFL.com, SI, and a few other sources it appears that there are some players with real potential being waived by other teams at almost every position (I know, I can't believe that they'd cut them too).

Obviously, I know more than Nix does ... and it's clear most of this board knows more than I do about player development and player evaluation, which means they know more than Nix or Gailey. And, since the Buffalo Bills do not have a single player on their roster that is of NFL quality we all know that every player out on the market place even before summer cut downs by each team has to be better than what we have at One Bills' Drive ... there can be no question about that.

Especially those out there at QB, WR, RB, NT,LB, RT, and of course at LT (no fool would ever believe that Bell or Meredith or Wang might ever develop into something because really good players never have to develop their skills and not even the average career starting offensive linemen in the NFL ever have a defensive player slip through their blocks ... and they never have false starts nor holding penalties ... I know this has to be true because this board has informed us over and over again that our players suck because of penalties, or missed blocks (Levitre needs to be cut because he got blown backwards on his butt in that one game last year ... he's lucky we haven't started on him yet but just wait until he gets caught holding or some blitz up the middle gets through ...).

I am out here scouting away and will be sure this board knows whenever another candidate like this pre-preseason cut from Minnesota is available so we can pick him up.

In the meantime ... go to popwarner.com and check out the pics (sorry no video yet) of this DC high school cut ...

I heard his Chroise is off the charts :P

He's too green right now. Let him spend some time on a practice squad, then we can sign him the 2nd half of this season. After that we can have him start a game & suck because he doesn't have our system mastered, and then next winter 25% of the people on this board will proclaim him as their choice to be the starter in 2011. :P

Very witty...

I am down in Washington DC right now and there are rumors floating around that the local high school has a kid at quarterback that they are going to have to cut because of his grades ... definitely a diamond in the rough for the Bills to pick up.

In fact, from scanning the reports coming out of ESPN, NFL.com, SI, and a few other sources it appears that there are some players with real potential being waived by other teams at almost every position (I know, I can't believe that they'd cut them too).

Obviously, I know more than Nix does ... and it's clear most of this board knows more than I do about player development and player evaluation, which means they know more than Nix or Gailey. And, since the Buffalo Bills do not have a single player on their roster that is of NFL quality we all know that every player out on the market place even before summer cut downs by each team has to be better than what we have at One Bills' Drive ... there can be no question about that.

Especially those out there at QB, WR, RB, NT,LB, RT, and of course at LT (no fool would ever believe that Bell or Meredith or Wang might ever develop into something because really good players never have to develop their skills and not even the average career starting offensive linemen in the NFL ever have a defensive player slip through their blocks ... and they never have false starts nor holding penalties ... I know this has to be true because this board has informed us over and over again that our players suck because of penalties, or missed blocks (Levitre needs to be cut because he got blown backwards on his butt in that one game last year ... he's lucky we haven't started on him yet but just wait until he gets caught holding or some blitz up the middle gets through ...).

I am out here scouting away and will be sure this board knows whenever another candidate like this pre-preseason cut from Minnesota is available so we can pick him up.

In the meantime ... go to popwarner.com and check out the pics (sorry no video yet) of this DC high school cut ...

Why so angry? Geeze...Nobody was questioning the players you mentioned above. No need to go off an a tirade. Football teams pick up other released players all the time. That's football isn't it?

Anyways have a nice day.

Just what we need another QB that no other team wants. Don't we have enough of those already?

Seen him play at W&M? What outlet actually broadcasts W&M games?

I don't know anything about the guy. Maybe he's worth a looksee.

But don't believe that he doesn't cost us anything. He does. We can only carry 80 players to find a final roster of 53, and we have a LOT of open positions. Since inevitably people get hurt in camp that's also a few less bodies that we will carry.

I agree with you on all that.....I'm okay with a looksee, especially if they've lost confidence in Brown or even Brohm whom I'm hoping wins the QB competition! I think in the end it'll be Edwards though as he's probably their biggest investment. Even so, I don't think Edwards will make it through the season without injury/concussion or playing himself out of the role!

Just keep (or start) bringing in FA's in like a revolving door until we find one that sticks! Edwards, Fitzpatrick IMO are not the answer and it's not likely Brohm is neither. Brown is a unknown element that I'm willing to wait up to 2 years on.....Unfortunately, (ironic statement) the Bills braintrust will make these decisions, and to date I lack confidence in their abilities until they prove otherwise!! :P

Why so angry? Geeze...Nobody was questioning the players you mentioned above. No need to go off an a tirade. Football teams pick up other released players all the time. That's football isn't it?

Anyways have a nice day.

:P:lol: First, thanks for wishing me a nice day! I definitely wish you one too!

There was no anger in my sarcasim especially none directed at you.

What I was attempting to point out was how quickly contributors of this board are to instantly identify the players being cut by other teams have more talent than those on our roster. I realize we have all been extremely disappointed and frustrated by "our team (we are all fans, right?)" and by it's total management (mismanagement) but we have not been the worst team in football in years. The Bills must and do have some talent because they have won 7 games in spite of our coaches.

So, like many, I feel good about Nix/Gailey and am willing to see what they gave put together before we see pre-preseason castoff's as being better than the players on our roster.

Everyone have a great day! :lol: