Name me one starting NFL qb who Trent Edwards...

Everyone needs to isolate one cause of our losing- be it Jauron, Edwards, Peters, or the horrible buffalo weather. People feel better when they do this, because it makes the problem simple to fix. Unfortunately, these people become wrapped up in their own delusions, unable to cope with reality. These are the delusional people that wear jerseys to work every day and listen to the idiots on talk radio like Dickerson, Bullfrog and Simon all day.......These people are like friends to them, validating their delusions all the more, making them more incapable of dealing with life's daily tasks.

This is the reason I started this thread. To flush out guys like you who are so beyond help, that are so delusional, that they actually are convinced the realists are the ones who are delusional. In the three pages of this thread I have yet to see a starting QB who Trent Edwards has a better arm than, and I'm the one incapable of dealing with reality? NFL defensive coordinators do cartwheels when it's Trent Edwards week. They laugh at him when they watch film. You've watched Trent play football for the Bills in 30 games and you STILL have faith in him?

:flirt:

I don't live in Buffalo. I don't listen to sports radio. I don't even own a Bills jersey (although Byrd may be the first guy in a long time worthy enough of plunking down $100 plus for his jersey).

At least we are figuring out who the realist Bills fans are, and who the delusional Bills fans are.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This the reason I started this thread. To flush out guys like you who are so beyond help, that are so delusional, that they actually are convinced the realists are the ones who are delusional. In the three pages of this thread I have yet to see a starting QB who Trent Edwards has a better arm than, and I'm the one incapable of dealing with reality? NFL defensive coordinators do cartwheels when it's Trent Edwards week. They laugh at him when they watch film. You've watched Trent play football for the Bills in 30 games and you STILL have faith in him?

I don't live in Buffalo. I don't listen to sports radio. I don't even own a Bills jersey (although Byrd may be the first guy in a long time worthy enough of plunking down $100 plus for his jersey).

At least we are figuring out who the realist Bills fans are, and who the delusional Bills fans are.

If you think that Trent Edwards was the primary source of the Bills lack of success, then you are deluding yourself. It is easy to pick a scapegoat player and then irrationally believe that if that player is replaced most of the team's problems are resolved. That is far from having a very mature understanding of the state of the Bills for more than a decade.

The Bills have been a dysfunctional organization for a very long time. The aging owner is clueless and the organization he structured and staffed was never designed to win. Your team can't win with a befuddled Levy involved in the football operation. You shouldn't be surprised that when a marketing guru is given the reigns of the football operation by a goofball owner simply because the owner was comfortable with the inside organization man that the franchise would not be very successful. You can't win with a Dick Jauron as your HC insisting on a very primitive offense because of his dinasaur view that the best offenses are offenses that are simple and make few mistakes. How does any player develop (especially on offense) when the HC is Dick Jauron? He never should have been hired. Then prematurely giving him an extension because the owner feared that his value would go up if he waited to resign him is not only laughable, but also pathetic.

Chan Gailey is not an upper tier HC. Buddy Nix is not an upper tier GM. However, both are legitimate NFL qualified people who can competently handle their challenging positions. How absurd is it that the owner is praised for finally filling critical positions with qualified people? That in itself is a sad commentary on the lowly status of this very lame franchise.

I don't know how good TE can be. But what I do know for sure that he, and the other qb candidates, will be better players with this new regime than they would have been under the chaos and ineptitude of the prior regimes.

This TE bashing is not only nonsensical, it is patently unfair. It is totally out of proportion to the real problems that have plagued this troubled franchise for a very long time.

This is the reason I started this thread. To flush out guys like you who are so beyond help, that are so delusional, that they actually are convinced the realists are the ones who are delusional. In the three pages of this thread I have yet to see a starting QB who Trent Edwards has a better arm than, and I'm the one incapable of dealing with reality? NFL defensive coordinators do cartwheels when it's Trent Edwards week. They laugh at him when they watch film. You've watched Trent play football for the Bills in 30 games and you STILL have faith in him?

Dan Marino had a pretty good arm. How many rings did he have when retired?

Pretty pathetic. I have been a coach, administrator, statistician, media liason and fan for over 20 years. I think I have a better idea in what it takes to build a winner than you do. Its not the QB and its not the coach. There has to be more cohesion from the top of the organization to the last guy on the bench to win- that's why it ain't easy, kid.

So you keep playing Madden and listening to your buddies on the radio who tell you just to change the QB or the coach. If it were that easy, people like you could do it.

Guest dog14787
Pretty pathetic. I have been a coach, administrator, statistician, media liason and fan for over 20 years. I think I have a better idea in what it takes to build a winner than you do. Its not the QB and its not the coach. There has to be more cohesion from the top of the organization to the last guy on the bench to win- that's why it ain't easy, kid.

So you keep playing Madden and listening to your buddies on the radio who tell you just to change the QB or the coach. If it were that easy, people like you could do it.

You can't put it much better then that because if everyone in the organization isn't on the same page chances are the organization will not succeed in acomplishing its goals.

Gailey/Nix are joined together at the hip and if ownership will just back them up and allow them to do there job without any interference the Buffalo Bills will start making some headway in the right direction,

I Billieve...

You're embarrassing yourself, dude. Not to mention, several people have delivered on your challenge, citing Pennington, A. Smith and Delhomme as having potentially weaker arms (not that this can be proven concretely, but that's what makes it so easy for you I suppose). I would also submit that Sage Rosenfels - were Favre to retire and Childress to realize how back TJack is - would qualify, as would Colt McCoy in Cleveland should he start, as well as either Derek Anderson or Matt Leinart in Arizona. Matt Hasslebeck in Seattle certainly can't throw it any further than Edwards at this point in his career, and should Tebow start in Denver my money would be on Edwards' arm. If dark horse candidate Charlie Batch wins the job in Pitt that's a no-brainer, and since Leftwich can't get out of his own way to release the ball the point is moot with him as well. I've never seen Vince Young throw it all that long, and with his shot-put type motion I wouldn't be surprised if Edwards could throw it further. Edwards certainly has a stronger arm now than Kerry Collins did last year or would this year, and the same goes for Jeff Garcia this year (if he were to catch on), last year, or the year before.

Besides, Rubes is right. Does this need to be brought up every day??

You can't put it much better then that because if everyone in the organization isn't on the same page chances are the organization will not succeed in acomplishing its goals.

Gailey/Nix are joined together at the hip and if ownership will just back them up and allow them to do there job without any interference the Buffalo Bills will start making some headway in the right direction,

I Billieve...

I hate to come across as that condescending- I really try to avoid being a jerk. Its just offensive that people continually make it out as if winning takes just common sense. It is very difficult, which is why it is so hard and doesn't last very long. A lot of variables have to line up that don't usually tend to.

You're embarrassing yourself, dude. Not to mention, several people have delivered on your challenge, citing Pennington, A. Smith and Delhomme as having potentially weaker arms (not that this can be proven concretely, but that's what makes it so easy for you I suppose). I would also submit that Sage Rosenfels - were Favre to retire and Childress to realize how back TJack is - would qualify, as would Colt McCoy in Cleveland should he start, as well as either Derek Anderson or Matt Leinart in Arizona. Matt Hasslebeck in Seattle certainly can't throw it any further than Edwards at this point in his career, and should Tebow start in Denver my money would be on Edwards' arm. If dark horse candidate Charlie Batch wins the job in Pitt that's a no-brainer, and since Leftwich can't get out of his own way to release the ball the point is moot with him as well. I've never seen Vince Young throw it all that long, and with his shot-put type motion I wouldn't be surprised if Edwards could throw it further. Edwards certainly has a stronger arm now than Kerry Collins did last year or would this year, and the same goes for Jeff Garcia this year (if he were to catch on), last year, or the year before.

Besides, Rubes is right. Does this need to be brought up every day??

"Dude," you DO realize that you just listed these specific players is support of Trent Edwards' arm...

Pennington

Smith

Delhomme

Rosenfels

McCoy

Batch

Gee, thanks! Whew...I feel a whole lot better now that you told me he has a better arm than those QBs.... B-)

I hate to come across as that condescending- I really try to avoid being a jerk. Its just offensive that people continually make it out as if winning takes just common sense. It is very difficult, which is why it is so hard and doesn't last very long. A lot of variables have to line up that don't usually tend to.

However, the two main variables for success in the NFL are having a good head coach and good starting QB. Hopefully Gailey pans out in the former roll and Brohm/Brown or the guy we draft in the first round next year is eventually the answer at the QB position. No need to fool or talk ourselves into believing that 30 games in, Edwards is anything but a backup in the NFL. These are no doubt the same chumps that believed that Dick Jauron was still going to be a good coach after two years of worst coaching I'd ever seen. It's as if no one can comprehend that both the head coach AND the QB sucked. They did indeed BOTH suck. One loser down and one to go. Edwards gets cut during the summer, I'm calling it here.

Now Trent Edwards is a victim? Did you know that after being named the Bills starting QB in 2007, Edwards left Buffalo and to go play golf 24/7? He said as much in an interview I heard on WFAN in NYC. Anybody who puts his golf game above learning to play qb THAT early in his career is a chump and deserves the criticisms after the complete meltdown and failure of a once promising career.

This man is not a victim. It's so sad to watch Bills fans latching onto a qb who has no heart or passion for the game. Trent Edwards is not a victim, we Bills fans are a victim of having to endure the pain of watching such a weak-armed poser who can never seem to get his team into the endzone and who could care less about Buffalo, the Bills or football in general.

Settle down dude. Quit taking a word i used and placing such a literal definition on it. If it makes you feel better , replace "victim" with "recipient". Now if I wanted to break down your response in such a literal way i could say , how could one play golf 24/7. This would be literally impossible. I stand by what i said. I want to see what Edwards does with good coaching. I am not latched on to Edwards. Take a chill pill and relax.

What's the point of this thread? I seriously wonder if other QBs, good or bad, endure the ridicule fromt the fanbase that TE has. I'll be the first to admit ... I've bashed him. But I bashed him while he was doing a crappy job.

It's pre-season; he's trying to win his spot back; there's a new coaching staff; a new running back.

It's clear (to me) that it's between him and Brohm. How about a little support?

I know he makes a lot of money, blah, blah, blah. But I know how I'd feel if every day I walked into work, everyone stood around and said, "here he comes, this guy sucks at his job." or "this guy is never going to be any good, I wish they'd just get rid of him." ... all before I even had a chance to prove myself.

Yes .. he's had what would appear to be ample time to prove himself. But come on ... did he really have much of a chance given the circumstances? I don't think so.

I would definitely say this is his last chance. But I'm going to wait until he actually plays some games before labeling him a failure.

Go Bills!!

He was poor two years ago and putrid last year and he deserves to be judged on his past performance. It's not fair to judge him by the offseason. If you want him to have a free pass, don't listen to the fans or media. Voila!

He was poor two years ago and putrid last year and he deserves to be judged on his past performance. It's not fair to judge him by the offseason. If you want him to have a free pass, don't listen to the fans or media. Voila!

They might try a rollout from time to time - maybe.

Running (and proudly announcing) a quick huddle offense was stupefying. Fast forward - we want a scatback in the draft and we are going to a 3-4. Here everybody! - here are our plans!

B-)

has a better arm than...

B-)

Yes it's a cruel point to make. But the Trent Edwards' crowd around here had it coming. I predict this noodle-armed wuss is gonna be taken out of his misery and mercifully cut. At least he can continue to devote his full time to his true passion golf, and no longer have to pretend to like playing in the NFL.

Ryan Fitzpatrick.

BTW, Ryan Leaf had a strong arm.

No further questions, your honor.

I think winning is just common sense. But common sense isnt common, as they say. I think you came across as condescending, but thats ok, because this is the internet.

If you are going to judge players on their past performers then 90% of the Bills should have been released. If you are going to judge players on their past performances then why is Demetrius Bell still on the team? Are you going to give up on Maybin based on his lackluster rookie season?

The new coaching staff is judging the current group of players based on how they presently perform and compete against one another before they determine their roster and starting positions. Dismissing a player based on past performances in a dysfunctional organization is not only foolish, it is outright stupid.

Settle down dude. Quit taking a word i used and placing such a literal definition on it. If it makes you feel better , replace "victim" with "recipient". Now if I wanted to break down your response in such a literal way i could say , how could one play golf 24/7. This would be literally impossible. I stand by what i said. I want to see what Edwards does with good coaching. I am not latched on to Edwards. Take a chill pill and relax.

My bad. I'm truly sorry about that. I'd recently been witnessing the slow buildup of Edwards support around here and I couldn't stay quiet any longer. I've always looked at Bills fans as being one of the brightest fanbase of the NFL and it's upsetting to me to see them falling back in love with Edwards just because we have a new head coach.

I decided to present a simple question to Bills fans, and from the responses, it's clear that no one has been able to refute Edwards not having the basic skill of putting zip on the ball which every successful starting NFL quarterback must possess. I seriously think that opposing defensive coaches laugh at Edwards on film. That's how bad I think he is. I'm surprised it took them a full year to realize that he can't beat you with the mid-range to deep ball.

My bad. I'm truly sorry about that. I'd recently been witnessing the slow buildup of Edwards support around here and I couldn't stay quiet any longer. I've always looked at Bills fans as being one of the brightest fanbase of the NFL and it's upsetting to me to see them falling back in love with Edwards just because we have a new head coach.

The Bills fanbase is as moronic as the rest of the league's fanbase, no better or worse.

I decided to present a simple question to Bills fans, and from the responses, it's clear that no one has been able to refute Edwards not having the basic skill of putting zip on the ball which every successful starting NFL quarterback must possess. I seriously think that opposing defensive coaches laugh at Edwards on film. That's how bad I think he is. I'm surprised it took them a full year to realize that he can't beat you with the mid-range to deep ball.

The coaching staff will determine through competition who will be the starter for the Bills at qb. What the fans in the peanut gallery think is irrelevant to how they decide.

When Trent Edwards is selected as the starting qb you and your cohorts will be dumbfounded.

I don't think anyone who has followed the nfl for more than ten years needs be convinced that you can win in this league with different types of teams - and not all championship teams need great QB's. There have been a number of very tough teams with some very unremarkable QB's of late - Tampa and Baltimore won SB's without a top 20 QB.

When it comes to Edwards being good enough for the NFL - well, I think his arm is not even that much of a question. It's plenty good enough to win with. He can make all the throws, physically. It's his decision making, his ability to react to pressure, his mental fortitude that is lacking. Whatever fear crept into him sometime last year really undid him - in the eyes of his teammates he's proven he can't perform under pressure - and these have been the lesser forms of pressure that a great NFL QB will have to face and overcome regularly.

That is why Trent Edwards is looked down upon. It isn't his physical skills. If he had the toughness of J.P. Losman he'd probably be one of the best young QB's in the game. (Those two had the opposite skill-sets). The players don't trust that T.E. will come through in the face of adversity - and that was his trademark - oddly enough, his first season and a half, namely, that he was cool and calculated. Can he get that back? I think that is the question - that and what does Brohm have, really -that stopped our F.O. from going after Clausen this past draft. If these guys don't shine this year for us, we'll be getting a QB - my guess - in the first round next spring.

Actually, you asked if any starting QB had a weaker arm than Edwards, and we presented you with about 10 options, give or take. But believe whatever you want.

"Dude," you DO realize that you just listed these specific players is support of Trent Edwards' arm...

Pennington

Smith

Delhomme

Rosenfels

McCoy

Batch

Gee, thanks! Whew...I feel a whole lot better now that you told me he has a better arm than those QBs.... B-)

You said he had the weakest arm among starting QB's in the league. I say you're delusional. You and ICE should start a fan club. You're both going to be so pissed when he's starting the season at QB...