Vick Possibly In HOT Water Again

H2o

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think people are saying he is the shooter. At least that isn't what was I was thinking. I was thinking Vick was with bad people he wasn't supposed to be talking to and he was around a shooting, which to me is pretty serious. They went after big ben for being around underage drinking.

In the adult world, these things are not hard to avoid. Especially the shooting part.

Big difference...under age drinking is illlegal...having a birthday party with your friends in a night club is NOT illegal and most athletes in every sport do this every day without altercation.

Vick can not control who shows up to a public place...so, is he just supposed to lock himself in his house until his NFL career is over because he doesnt want to bump into one of these guys he cant be around when he is out at the grocery store, dinner, lunch, workout, whatever?

More importantly, this guy intently showed up at Vicks birthday party...that pretty much tells you that he would have shown up even if it was at Chuck E Cheese...its not the location where they ran into each other, it was the event. So I guess you dont think Vick should celebrate his 30th birthday with his friends either.

I mean this is just getting a little bit rediculous. I cant stand Vick and even I think this a load of crap at this point. If more info comes out linking him to the shooting, then drop the hammer. But right now, there is nothing on him for any wrong doing other than getting pissed (and I would too) that someone he isnt supposed to be around showed up.

So, at this point, Vick has done nothing wrong or anything punishable by Goodel. So until something else comes out linking him to the actual shooting, he really hasnt done a single thing to warrant punishment.

PigBen was never arrested or charged with anything either. Yet King Roger did not let that whole silly innocent until proven guilty thing stop him then and he probably won't now either.

It's really not clear yet what happened. But we know something bad happened at Michael Vick's party; we know Michael Vick is a guy who makes bad decisions, and we know if Vick does something wrong, the NFL is going to kick him out forever.

That's enough to make me start following the story to see if this is going to be the end of Vick's career. But it doesn't guarantee it.

PigBen was never arrested or charged with anything either. Yet King Roger did not let that whole silly innocent until proven guilty thing stop him then and he probably won't now either.

No, not true at all. Big Ben was not charged with his sexual crime...HOWEVER, he was, and admittedly so, hanging around under age drinkers yet again after he was warned the last time this happened. That is why he was suspended, for putting himself in an inappropriate situation with illegal under age drinking yet AGAIN.

A birthday party in a club is not an illegal act of any kind, nor is it a banned activity for the athletes. Having does not violate any laws or any NFL rules...thats a MASSIVE difference.

OK, how many of you have been to a party where someone got shot? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say none of you. That's literally tens of thousands of parties over your lifetimes. Things like this don't "just happen". He's guilty of nothing right now other than associating with scum, which to me is reason enough to never want him on your football team.

No, not true at all. Big Ben was not charged with his sexual crime...HOWEVER, he was, and admittedly so, hanging around under age drinkers yet again after he was warned the last time this happened. That is why he was suspended, for putting himself in an inappropriate situation with illegal under age drinking yet AGAIN.

A birthday party in a club is not an illegal act of any kind, nor is it a banned activity for the athletes. Having does not violate any laws or any NFL rules...thats a MASSIVE difference.

No one knows what happened or the events that led up to the whole situation except the parties involved and God. I'm not saying Vick shot anyone, I'm not saying he put the hit out on the guy, I'm not saying the guy was intentionally trying to set Vick up, I'm not saying anything except WHY PUT YOURSELF IN A ENVIRONMENT CONDUCIVE TO DRAMA WHEN YOU ARE ON A SHORT LEASH IN LIFE? He couold've celebrated his birthday a different, more private way. This guy continues to make bad decisions and put himself in a position to fail.

In case anybody's wondering...

Terms of Vick's reinstatement:

-- Can participate in preseason practices, workouts, meetings, and play in the final two preseason games. In the regular season, he may participate in all team activities other than games.

-- Must work with Tony Dungy, who will serve as Vick's advisor and mentor.

Conditions that Vick must abide by in order to be reinstated fully:

--Must abide by the terms of his parole.

--Cannot commit any further crime.

--Must limit whom he associates with.

--Cannot use drugs or alcohol.

--Cannot possess a firearm or other dangerous weapon.

--Cannot own, possess, or be involved with the sale of any dog.

Vick must also abide by the written plan that he submitted to Goodell, which contained the following:

-- His proposed living arrangements.

-- How he will manage his financial affairs.

-- Counseling and mentoring plans.

-- His proposed work with the Humane Society and other groups

What Goodell's decision on full reinstatement will be based on:

-- Reports from outside professionals, Vick's probation officer, and others charged with supervising his activities.

-- The quality of Vick's work outside football.

-- The absence of any further adverse involvement in law enforcement.

-- Other concrete actions that Vick takes that are consistent with his representations to Goodell.

OK, how many of you have been to a party where someone got shot? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say none of you. That's literally tens of thousands of parties over your lifetimes. Things like this don't "just happen". He's guilty of nothing right now other than associating with scum, which to me is reason enough to never want him on your football team.

in white america, it doesn't happen. In black america, well .... that can be another story

No one knows what happened or the events that led up to the whole situation except the parties involved and God. I'm not saying Vick shot anyone, I'm not saying he put the hit out on the guy, I'm not saying the guy was intentionally trying to set Vick up, I'm not saying anything except WHY PUT YOURSELF IN A ENVIRONMENT CONDUCIVE TO DRAMA WHEN YOU ARE ON A SHROT LEASH IN LIFE? He couold've celebrated his birthday a different, more private way. This guy continues to make bad decisions and put himself in a position to fail.

He didnt put himself in a place for drama. He had a private party at a club and this guy showed up. If he would have been at freaking Dennys with his friends for his 30th birthday this guy would have showed up. So, what do you want him to do? Forget his 30th birthday and lock himself in his house? That is completely unreasonable. Its his 30th birthday, he should be able to celebrate it out with his friends...you only turn 30 once. Its not like this guy was out creating some trouble or being a problem.

He didnt put himself in a place for drama. He had a private party at a club and this guy showed up. If he would have been at freaking Dennys with his friends for his 30th birthday this guy would have showed up. So, what do you want him to do? Forget his 30th birthday and lock himself in his house? That is completely unreasonable. Its his 30th birthday, he should be able to celebrate it out with his friends...you only turn 30 once. Its not like this guy was out creating some trouble or being a problem.

While he may not be in any legal trouble, this are the types of headlines Goodell and the NFL don't like. Bye bye Vick. I wonder what Dungy has to say about this one?

Big Ben took advantage of a young girl.. Vick had a party.. Not sure how they are close to being related.

in white america, it doesn't happen. In black america, well .... that can be another story

At a party no. In a bar yes, once many years ago. And I live (and the bar was) in "white america".

If I faced the prospects of prison, losing millions of dollars, and being forced to give up the game I loved because of the trouble that could pop off it would be more than feasible to have a private party at my place of residence versus a club scene. I'd care more about how and where I would spend the rest of my birthdays versus living it up for the big 3-0.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...tion-with-vick/

Will this guy ever learn?

edit: This just may bring down the hammer from Goodell. Vick may have just kissed his NFL career goodbye.

WOW!

Because he celebrated his own 30th birthday party and somebody else fired off a gun...Michael Vick is gonna get in trouble?

Haha, this is so rediculous...and half the reason I cannot even read through this garbage on here anymore!

You people keep grasping at ANYTHING to beat-down some of these football players...

I bet he does not get in trouble...and once again, if some of you had a brain...you would realize that Michael Vick is still a darn good football player....and yes folks, yes he WOULD help this team.

If you're out of prison with time hanging over your head, if you're on a short leash with the NFL Commissioner, if you're just now climbing out of bankruptcy, and if you're still trying to land a starting gig in the NFL at some point WHY EVEN HAVE A PARTY WHERE SOMETHING LIKE THIS COULD HAPPEN? It is foolish and he may have just cost himself more than just some "bad press".

110% agree. Have a party at home, you moron. Why go to a nightclub? Grow the hell up. He's done. I'm ashamed to have actually gone through a short, "we should get Vick" phase. Won't ever happen again.

WOW!

Because he celebrated his own 30th birthday party and somebody else fired off a gun...Michael Vick is gonna get in trouble?

Haha, this is so rediculous...and half the reason I cannot even read through this garbage on here anymore!

You people keep grasping at ANYTHING to beat-down some of these football players...

I bet he does not get in trouble...and once again, if some of you had a brain...you would realize that Michael Vick is still a darn good football player....and yes folks, yes he WOULD help this team.

I like Vick, I just think he doesn't use his brain half the time. I'm not "beating him down", but stating the obvious of what has taken place and how it could affect his future. What's ridiculous is how you've tried to turn this into someone witch-hunting and questioning his football talents.

What many are forgetting here is that we're not talking about a court of law. We're talking about a corporation who already feels like it did this guy a HUGE favor letting him back into the league and only did so under very, very tight restrictions. He doesn't have to have been the one to pull the trigger, or even do anything illegal. All the league needs is a connection between Vick and the person who was shot...regardless of how thin that connection is. Based on the information we've been given, that connection seems to be clear. The only thing that will likely save Vick's career at this point is if it is proven that the shooting was completely unrelated (unlikely) and/or the league still thinks it will profit more from his continued involvement with the game (possible).