Mid-life Crisis

damj

Mid-life Crisis ... What did you / will you roll with?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. For thise you have had, or are planning your mid-life crisis ... what's it gonna be?

• Hot younger lady
    • New car
    • New motorcycle
    • Boat / jet-ski, etc
    • Other
    • I don't need no stinkin' mid-life crisis

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me; Cadillac CTS.

For the missus -just entering this- I got no freakin' idea what to do!! :w00t: Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!!!!!

get her an anniversary ring

mid life crisis? I doan nee no stinkin mid life crisis.

I agree, I can't totally call it a mid-life crisis when I'm still sporting a kid's booster seat in the back of the Challenger ... LOL

For me; Cadillac CTS.

For the missus -just entering this- I got no freakin' idea what to do!! :w00t: Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!!!!!

My wife has been asking for an "Eternity ring" ... I guess it's where the stones go all around the band ... jewlery is always a safe bet

I agree, I can't totally call it a mid-life crisis when I'm still sporting a kid's booster seat in the back of the Challenger ... LOL

My wife has been asking for an "Eternity ring" ... I guess it's where the stones go all around the band ... jewlery is always a safe bet

The anniversary ring is gold with the number of diamonds corresponding to the number of years married

For me; Cadillac CTS.

Nice! :w00t:

The anniversary ring is gold with the number of diamonds corresponding to the number of years married

I'm only 15 years in, I should do it now while I can still get off pretty cheap ...

I just turned 40. I can’t really afford any of the typical "second youth" luxuries, so I just suck it up. I’ve always sort of had a pretty tenuous grasp at best on my own identity and psychological cohesion, so mid-life is nothing new.

:rolleyes:

I didn't feel anything different when I hit 40 ... or 30 either ... it's just a number

I'm 33 and I think I was going through my mid-life last year. I just kept thinking of the past from about age 17-25. I was talking to old girlfriends I felt I had done wrong, with any people I felt I had done wrong honestly. I kept thinking that I wasn't where I wanted to be in life, mainly financially. I was layed off at the time which didn't help either. Really, I was just looking back at my life from the outside and thinking about how different things would be if had made different decisions. I had to forgive people, ask people to forgive me, and accept the fact that some I would never be able to make peace with. Part of me felt like I should still be in the clubs 3 nights a week even though I'm married and have a 2 and a 4 year old son. I never acted on the impulses to go out and live like I used to, but it surely crossed my mind on numerous occasions. I knew I did not fit with that crowd any longer, more than likely would stick out like a sore thumb. I still have a nice enough vehicle to get around in and not the money for a new Challenger (my favorite car on the market right now by the way :w00t: ) In the end I feel like alot of fences were mended, alot of bridges restored, and a inner transformation took place. I didn't feed those feelings with materialistic things that only help for the moment, if at all, but I made strides to be a better person for myself, my family, and my friends. Now I can say that the peace I feel far outweighs the heaviness in that time.

Not sure you have all the chioces in the poll I need as a newly minted 47 yr old.

Younger Mistress (don't want no stinking lady)

Elevate Gambling habits to pre -married days

Make the biggest TV i can afford and like the focal point of every room in the house

More Beer. . .

May I encourage the mid-life folks, who may be on the outs with their spouse, to remember back, when you were both young and new.

Nice video of a Bobby Darin and Petula Clark duet, singing "All I have To Do is Dream"... :w00t:

Don't you go give away your good thing. Right?

My mid-life crisis was the best thing that happened to me.

1. I quit smoking

2. I started going to the gym

3. After a year of no smokes, treadmills, and stair steppers I decided to run

4. I signed up for the Rochester Lilac 10K

5. I ran 6.2 miles in 66 minutes (a fraction under 11 minutes per mile)

That was 1996, and I still do not smoke (unless you count less than 6 cigars a year).

I walk but do not run. I never really liked running but I needed to prove to myself I could.

When I turned fifty, I started wondering how I will spend the second fifty years.

Still working on an answer to that one!

Really tempted to return to a bohemian life style. :w00t:

What exatly is a mid life crisis???? I've heard the term before but I don't really know what it means. I'm 49 and have slowly mellowed over the years but haven't had any kind of crisis that I know of.

I'm 54. Never had a mid-life crisis either. :w00t:

I'd love to have a growing economy, instead of this putrid mess we've got. Then I could get some of the itshay I really want. Like another bass boat, since I had to sell mine because of the aforementioned putrid mess.

My mid-life crisis was the best thing that happened to me.

1. I quit smoking

2. I started going to the gym

3. After a year of no smokes, treadmills, and stair steppers I decided to run

4. I signed up for the Rochester Lilac 10K

5. I ran 6.2 miles in 66 minutes (a fraction under 11 minutes per mile)

That was 1996, and I still do not smoke (unless you count less than 6 cigars a year).

I walk but do not run. I never really liked running but I needed to prove to myself I could.

When I turned fifty, I started wondering how I will spend the second fifty years.

Still working on an answer to that one!

Really tempted to return to a bohemian life style. :w00t:

Lilac 10K? Oh man.....I'm calling in your MBL card.

(I couldn't friggin' resist..... ya old coot!) :rolleyes:

Funk 49 live, baybee!!!!