Losman Looking Good in Seattle

Yeah, well if Seattle actually puts him in position to succeed, they might get results that are far different.

Again, we waited till we discovered how JP works best in 2006 when we opened up the offense, and then after discovering that, we totally changed the offense to force him to use the weakest parts of his game. Baffling and unforgivable. No way to know if JP can be successful, but it was clear that the Bills sabotaged him after 2006.

I'm sorry but you don't really believe that crap do you? The Bills sabotaged Losman??? 0:) How about his lack of decision making, leadership, and ability to complete any pass besides throwing the ball up as far as he could and hope Lee Evans catches it. In his "breakout" season, here are the game logs: http://www.nfl.com/players/j.p.losman/game...amp;season=2006

He had 2 or more turnovers in 7 games. He passed for 200 or less yards in 10 games (and I gave him credit for an amazing 207 performance). The teams he had his best games against (Hou, and Mia) were among the worst defenses in the NFL that year.

I really don't hate Losman. But I hate that people still make excuses. He killed Mularkey, who has succeed with every QB he has had besides Losman and Joey Harrington. But I guess there's people in Detroit who blame Harrington not succeed on everything besides the actual player himself.

I wish my girlfriend was as naive as Losman fans. I could cheat on her all the time and she'd forgive me and make excuses for it.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right on the button.

And especially to do so with 13 games of experience before the season started. People forget that before that 2006 season, JP had far less game experience than Trent Edwards had going into last year. Trent had 24 games experience before last season, depending on how you count it. Much more experience than JP at the beginning of 2006 anyway.

Unfortunately for JPL, most people remember 2007.

What the JPL people don;t remember is that in 4 of JPL's wins in 2006, he was limited to fewer than 20 passes. In 7 of the team's losses, he attempted 25 or more. Seems like the coaching staff knew exactly what they were doing with Losman.

What the JPL people don;t remember is that in 4 of JPL's wins in 2006, he was limited to fewer than 20 passes. In 7 of the team's losses, he attempted 25 or more. Seems like the coaching staff knew exactly what they were doing with Losman.

You don't get it. If 2 different coaching staff didn't hold Losman back, he would have thrown for 5,342 yards, 52 tds, and 5 INTs (on tipped balls). With competent coaching, Losman's #s would have only improved and he would never have thrown more INTs or have more turnovers to help us lose more games.

I'm sorry but you don't really believe that crap do you? The Bills sabotaged Losman??? 0:) How about his lack of decision making, leadership, and ability to complete any pass besides throwing the ball up as far as he could and hope Lee Evans catches it. In his "breakout" season, here are the game logs: http://www.nfl.com/players/j.p.losman/game...amp;season=2006

He had 2 or more turnovers in 7 games. He passed for 200 or less yards in 10 games (and I gave him credit for an amazing 207 performance). The teams he had his best games against (Hou, and Mia) were among the worst defenses in the NFL that year.

I really don't hate Losman. But I hate that people still make excuses. He killed Mularkey, who has succeed with every QB he has had besides Losman and Joey Harrington. But I guess there's people in Detroit who blame Harrington not succeed on everything besides the actual player himself.

I wish my girlfriend was as naive as Losman fans. I could cheat on her all the time and she'd forgive me and make excuses for it.

Biscuit, for somebody that doesn't hate Losman you sure have a lot of negative stuff to say. Mularkey wasn't a good head coach in my opinion. The thing that is lost in your statement about Mularkey is that he had success with QBs when he was an offensive coordinator. When he wore the hat of head coach he did not fair so well. How did Holcomb look under his tutelage? How did Bledsoe look under his tutelage? Those were veteran QBs. See the theme?

Losman "fans" are not naive they/we merely understand the importance of a solid organization, teaching, supporting cast, and COMMITMENT to a QB to make it work. Imagine if Peyton Manning was getting jerked in and out of the starting lineup when he was throwing more interceptions than TD and the Colts were bottom dwellers? Imagine if Peyton Manning had a new offensive coordinator and offense to learn every year? Imagine if Peyton Manning didn't have Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Marshall Faulk, Edgerin James and others around him?

I have always wished the guy well even when he was scrambling around like an idiot trying to make something happen. I guess we will eventually find out if JPs problem was nature, nurture or both. Looks like he has made constant small strides since leaving Buffalo. Success in the UFL. Climbing the depth chart in Seattle over a supposedly highly sought after future starter in Whitehurst.

By the way this intelligence thing is all bs too. Trent Edwards scored a 34 on the wonderlic and JP scored a 31. The average for QBs is 24. This makes BOTH of them smart.

Biscuit, for somebody that doesn't hate Losman you sure have a lot of negative stuff to say. Mularkey wasn't a good head coach in my opinion. The thing that is lost in your statement about Mularkey is that he had success with QBs when he was an offensive coordinator. When he wore the hat of head coach he did not fair so well. How did Holcomb look under his tutelage? How did Bledsoe look under his tutelage? Those were veteran QBs. See the theme?

Losman "fans" are not naive they/we merely understand the importance of a solid organization, teaching, supporting cast, and COMMITMENT to a QB to make it work. Imagine if Peyton Manning was getting jerked in and out of the starting lineup when he was throwing more interceptions than TD and the Colts were bottom dwellers? Imagine if Peyton Manning had a new offensive coordinator and offense to learn every year? Imagine if Peyton Manning didn't have Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Marshall Faulk, Edgerin James and others around him?

I have always wished the guy well even when he was scrambling around like an idiot trying to make something happen. I guess we will eventually find out if JPs problem was nature, nurture or both. Looks like he has made constant small strides since leaving Buffalo. Success in the UFL. Climbing the depth chart in Seattle over a supposedly highly sought after future starter in Whitehurst.

By the way this intelligence thing is all bs too. Trent Edwards scored a 34 on the wonderlic and JP scored a 31. The average for QBs is 24. This makes BOTH of them smart.

Mularkey went 9-7 in his first year on the job. It was our last successful offense. We were killing teams in 2004. Losman took over a really good situation and went 1-7. Holcomb had a 85.6 QB rating and went 4-4. That's pretty good on a 5-11 team. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2005.htm

Given their records since leaving Buffalo, I feel very comfortable making the statemtn that Losman held Mularkey back and not the other way.

I'm sorry but you don't really believe that crap do you? The Bills sabotaged Losman??? :w00t: How about his lack of decision making, leadership, and ability to complete any pass besides throwing the ball up as far as he could and hope Lee Evans catches it. In his "breakout" season, here are the game logs: http://www.nfl.com/players/j.p.losman/game...amp;season=2006

I'm sorry, but you don't think that because you believe something that it's somehow true, do you?

TDs 19, INTs 14. I don't care how you go about twisting the stats for various games. These are damn good stats. He completed 62.5% of his passes, which is very solid, especially for such an inexperienced guy. And especially for a guy working behind a truly abominable OL. Losman had played 14 games before that season. He still had a lot of improving to do, and with game plans that fitted his skills and an OL and recievers that weren't among the absolute worst in the league, there's every reason to think he would have continued to improve.

Blaming him for passing for less than 200 yards in games where he didn't pass often is missing the point in a major major way. When the coaches call 12 passes and he completes 8 of them (against Indy, as an example), blaming him for not making 200 yards is proof positive that you're not looking at what the stats show, you're desperately trying to find backup for your hatred and when you don't find it, you twist what you do find.

You're the one who brought up your girlfriend, in the context of calling Losman fans naive. A guy who overlooks the obvious the way you do might be doing the same thing in other areas of his life. I don't ordinarily say stuff like that, but you're the one who started the name-calling.

Gee, that's surprising. Couldn't be that teams that are winning generally run a lot, could it? And that teams that are behind often pass a lot to catch up? That couldn't be the explanation, could it? Nah, I'm sure you're right that there's some other twisted reason for doing what is basic NFL strategy, and particularly teams whose second reciever was Peerless Price on his second trip through Buffalo, and who after that featured Josh Reed, Sam Aiken, Roscoe Parrish, and Andre Davis. Yeah, a team with recievers like that and recieving TEs like Cieslak, Murphy, Neufeld and ta-daaaaaa, Robert Royal ... should definitely try passing as much as possible.

People say he only threw to Lee Evans. Gee, what a surprise.

From PFT:

thats all true until the game starts and the game is on the line then he will kill them just like we all saw him do here time and time again.

the guy just does not have "IT" nothing between the ears unfortunatly. great athletic ability no brain or feel for the game.

I think i agree. JP doesn't have "IT" from what i've seen. But I know i'm not always right. Still curious what a real QB coach and OC can get out of him in the right system. Some QB's are probably so talented they can succeed in any system presented to them. Some such as JP just can't. Maybe he never will. Some QB's can only succeed in one or two systems. Maybe, shouda, woulda, coulda, about JP being coached by Gailey. Just curious that's all.

J.P. and Gailey would have worked well together.

I wish him good luck in Seatlle, Maybe he can get at least second string.

From PFT:

Funny stuff for those of us who've been seduced by the very same thing in the past.

He always looked good in shorts, he has an incredible arm, Its when the pressures, making quick decisions, and managing the game is where he struggled.

Losman's physical talent outweigh his football talent by a longshot.

the physical talent is there, but his instincts and mental game have been too weak to overcome. would love to see him end up doing well, especially with an NFC team. but i dont expect much. good luck to JP though.

Same here. I can't believe how some people kept ripping on him about his works off the field in Buffalo. JP the man is different from JP the QB.

I'm sorry but you don't really believe that crap do you? The Bills sabotaged Losman??? :w00t: How about his lack of decision making, leadership, and ability to complete any pass besides throwing the ball up as far as he could and hope Lee Evans catches it. In his "breakout" season, here are the game logs: http://www.nfl.com/players/j.p.losman/game...amp;season=2006

Absolutely....50% of a QB's success and play is mental. JP got totally F'ed in Buffalo...

And I cheat on my girlfriend all the time, ends the same way, she forgives and makes excuses for my actions. You're either too chicken to or too stupid to pull it off.

From PFT:

Funny stuff for those of us who've been seduced by the very same thing in the past.

How many Top Notch head coaches and offensive coordinators did he actually play for? With all the changes he went through and all the different O-Line combinations, he is lucky he can still walk, let alone play football.. I hope JP dominates under Pete Carroll..

Mularkey went 9-7 in his first year on the job. It was our last successful offense. We were killing teams in 2004. Losman took over a really good situation and went 1-7. Holcomb had a 85.6 QB rating and went 4-4. That's pretty good on a 5-11 team. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2005.htm

Given their records since leaving Buffalo, I feel very comfortable making the statemtn that Losman held Mularkey back and not the other way.

In 2004, we played 4 teams that had winning records when we played them. We were a pretender, playing a very easy schedule, and watching the Pittsburgh game in week 17 should have convinced anyone of that. They destroyed us with their second team. How many teams with a winning record did we play that year? And how many did we beat?

Bledsoe hit on a big 56.9% of his passes that year while throwing for a big 6.5 YPA. I was for keeping Bledsoe, but that wasn't a great offense, it was an offense fattened on cupcakes.

Kelly Holcomb was so much better than Losman in 2005, you say? And you expect what when comparing a 6 year vet versus a guy who had thrown 5 passes in his career?

Yeah, Mularkey was held back by Losman. That's why he's had so many offers to be a head coach again since then. Just count them all.

In 2004, we played 4 teams that had winning records when we played them. We were a pretender, playing a very easy schedule, and watching the Pittsburgh game in week 17 should have convinced anyone of that. They destroyed us with their second team. How many teams with a winning record did we play that year? And how many did we beat?

Bledsoe hit on a big 56.9% of his passes that year while throwing for a big 6.5 YPA. I was for keeping Bledsoe, but that wasn't a great offense, it was an offense fattened on cupcakes.

Kelly Holcomb was so much better than Losman in 2005, you say? And you expect what when comparing a 6 year vet versus a guy who had thrown 5 passes in his career?

Yeah, Mularkey was held back by Losman. That's why he's had so many offers to be a head coach again since then. Just count them all.

Neither Losman nor Mularkey were ready to excel at the positions the Bills organization handed them.

The bolded part of your post is simply not true. You listed his game logs from 2006. Do the math. More than 80% of his completions were 20yds or less. He did not drop back and heave Hail Marys every down. He was decent at the intermediate passing game. Where he was poor was decision making under pressure and the short passing game. That used to drive me nuts. He had a open WR or back 3yds away and would hit them in the feet. If he were coached properly and utilized for his strengths, I think he could have been a serviceable NFL starter for the Bills. But we never had a consistent, cohesive, intelligent offense and JP floundered.

I wish him well in Seattle and I hope the Bills can finally find their answer at QB. I have my fingers crossed for Brohm becasue I have no faith in Trent or Fitz being the answer.

Go Bills.

i currently dont hate the guy. but if we keep taking about him. i probably will.

i hated his retarded mistakes.

i do hate how losman threads keep coming back.

the next thread will look just like this.

LOSMAN LOOKING GOOD AT TRAINING CAMP.

1ST REPLY. i wish him well

2nd reply. me too.

3rd reply. he didnt have what it takes.

4th reply. with the right coaching, maybe.

5th reply (cbiscuit). he sucked.

6th reply (d ice). yeah he just wasnt good enough

87th reply. me saying i told you :w00t: , this would happen!

Thurm! Thanks for looking that up! I knew we played a weak ass schedule in 2004 but couldn't find a quick link for opponents combined record. Biscuit is full of it on the JP thing. He flamed out in Buffalo but lets at least be accurate about what he had to deal with. I hope the guy finally gets some real coaching and a real chance to see what he can become.

i currently dont hate the guy. but if we keep taking about him. i probably will.

i hated his retarded mistakes.

i do hate how losman threads keep coming back.

the next thread will look just like this.

LOSMAN LOOKING GOOD AT TRAINING CAMP.

1ST REPLY. i wish him well

2nd reply. me too.

3rd reply. he didnt have what it takes.

4th reply. with the right coaching, maybe.

5th reply (cbiscuit). he sucked.

6th reply (d ice). yeah he just wasnt good enough

87th reply. me saying i told you :w00t: , this would happen!

I got a solution for ya....ignore the thread :rolleyes: either that or the rest of the world could stop talking about him because you are tired of it :D