TIME TO DROP THE SHOUT SONG!

that is a synonym for either being a child, or holding on to childhood. i moved out of my dads place when i was seventeen, been paying rent for twenty years, its not easy but thats what grown ups do.

twenty years...how much has your mom being charging you?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You pretty well summed up by thoughts on this topic. The Shout song IS the Buffalo Bills. Plain and simple.

What's next change the logo to a slug-looking atrocity just because it's new and "stylish". Maybe we should ditch the Bills name and call them the Bandits or something that's cool. Yeah, anything that's older than 10 years should be changed because we want to be hip and have other people like us. :censored:

If you don't like the Bills, why don't you follow some other team? And the Shout Song is every much a part of the team as is the Bills logo and team colors.

wow, all great ideas, good imagination

who said i dont like the bills, what are you people reading?

so my question is, for all of the people who are saying we should change it.... what do you do when you are at the game? Do you stand there with your arms folded over your chest? Plug your ears? Or do you sing along?

Trust me, find a few drunken aholes and watch them stumble around trying to sing and dance. Funny as hell. If you are lucky they will puke or piss themselves. You will want to keep that song forever.

Trust me, find a few drunken aholes and watch them stumble around trying to sing and dance. Funny as hell. If you are lucky they will puke or piss themselves. You will want to keep that song forever.

Yea I love the song, to me it is the Buffalo Bills..... everytime its played I am on my feet singing at the top of my lungs... its how things should be and without it going to a game would not be the same

its time for bills fans to either get a new song parody or just drop the concept all together, that song makes me wanna "puke" (sung to the tune of shout). really its a terrible "oldie now", besides it has embodied 25 years of failure for the bills, while celebrating every field goal........worst song ever :censored:

NEVER !

its time for bills fans to either get a new song parody or just drop the concept all together, that song makes me wanna "puke" (sung to the tune of shout). really its a terrible "oldie now", besides it has embodied 25 years of failure for the bills, while celebrating every field goal........worst song ever :censored:

Spoken from someone that has obviously never been to a game in Buffalo. When the Ralph is rockin, and everyone sings the shout song, you can watch visiting players just sit there and look around in amazement at how wild of a scene it is.

Tom Donahoe, is that you? Same man whose brilliant idea it was to change our uniform color scheme.

The board should drop you just for suggesting this.

What a ridiculous thought. Have you ever heard some of the other team's songs out there? The Steelers "Here we go" song? The Eagles stupid a$$ chant? the shout song is by far the best in the NFL. I don't know one person, Bills fan or not, that doesn't think the shout song is one of the best rally songs in the league.

They still sing 'Hail To The Redskins' down here in DC...

Spoken from someone that has obviously never been to a game in Buffalo. When the Ralph is rockin, and everyone sings the shout song, you can watch visiting players just sit there and look around in amazement at how wild of a scene it is.

Tom Donahoe, is that you? Same man whose brilliant idea it was to change our uniform color scheme.

The board should drop you just for suggesting this.

i have been to bills games under knox, stevenson, bullough, levy, phillips, williams, mularkey, jauron, and will see them again with someone else at the helm.

i have seen the bills in denver, oakland, new york, and philadelphia over four decades.

i see a bunch of drunk people singing the song, but i see just as many not singing, not complaining (although some do that) but not singing. you are obviously someone who lumps people into categories such as "everyone" and assumes incorrectly or otherwise what the oppostion players are thinking, LOL

if this board dropped me for inciting a spirited debate, which seems about 50-50 to me, then with all due respect, please do

i have been to bills games under knox, stevenson, bullough, levy, phillips, williams, mularkey, jauron, and will see them again with someone else at the helm.

i have seen the bills in denver, oakland, new york, and philadelphia over four decades.

i see a bunch of drunk people singing the song, but i see just as many not singing, not complaining (although some do that) but not singing. you are obviously someone who lumps people into categories such as "everyone" and assumes incorrectly or otherwise what the oppostion players are thinking, LOL

if this board dropped me for inciting a spirited debate, which seems about 50-50 to me, then with all due respect, please do

When we are winning the song makes for more fun. If you attended the games in the 90's and tell me that you did not sing that song I would have a very hard time believing you.

so my question is, for all of the people who are saying we should change it.... what do you do when you are at the game? Do you stand there with your arms folded over your chest? Plug your ears? Or do you sing along?

Yeah, I go to the games.

What do I do when I'm at the games?

I usually sit there thinking " Man this is boring.... will somebody make a freakin' play..... how bout a first down.... a 2 yard pass on third and nine?... that Billy the Buffalo need to sit the "F" down....

Any other questions?

All Time Worst: My Yami Dolphins "Miami Dolphins #1" song.

Shaddap.

I think the all-time worst team song was the old Houston Oilers song. I'm sure lots of fans here still remember that one. It sounded like some stupid children's song composed by a music school dropout…just singy-songy and lame.

"Houston Oilers…Houston Oilers…Houston Oilers all the way…"

You are totally wrong. The time to drop this song was about 30 years ago. It should have gone the way of the Mean Weenie from Bells Supermarkets long, long ago.

Whammy Weenie…sorry to sharpshoot you, Conch. It's just that the historical importance of the Weenie must be preserved for all time.

Lets get a petition going and send it to the Bills, I'm serious.

I'm embarrassed to be a fan of a team with such a lame song.

"Let's get a petition?" If you want to start a petition drive, then you have to write the petition. You don't suggest to others that they start a petition. That's not how it works.

Memorable 1st post.

See above, Doc.

This thread makes me wanna...........

You're winning so far, KD.

Yea I love the song, to me it is the Buffalo Bills..... everytime its played I am on my feet singing at the top of my lungs... its how things should be and without it going to a game would not be the same

I'm with Shoretalk, Air Force Mark, Mead, and Cowgirls Fan on this one. Maybe I'm sentimental, but I would personally vote to keep Shout. Actually they can retire it…as soon as we hear it played one more time in a Super Bowl…a win this time.

NEVER !

Right on, cablelady.

BTW, the song was shelved in an unannounced decision sometime in the 90's. The official explanation was that the royalties that the team had to pay to the Isley Brothers and their publishing company were too high. They wheeled out some song that also had "shout" in the lyrics and actually choreographed some video to go along with the new ad campaign.

The outcry from Bills fans was enormous and the team reinstated "Shout" the very next week.

So the "Shout Song" has already been dropped and resurrected.

I hated it when they first switched to "Shout" because the song brought up other references for

me than the Bills and I felt the song should be original (as most fight songs were back then--even

though many were terrible like the Miami one).

We had a bad one ourselves at the time "We can make it happen, we can make it happen, yeah"

I remember the year they introduced that song, they actually printed a little music sheet in the

program so we'd all know how to sing it and all of its maybe 10 words.

Of course I grew to love "Shout" during the 90s and sang it as loud as anyone at games in OP and at backers bars

in both Boston and NYC.

But, I have come full circle now and feel that it is past its time and it feels like living old memories not

creating new ones. New era, new team, hopefully new hope...new song.

The only problem is we could end up with something worse...I'd be all for changing the song

if the new one was good. And we'd all get used to it just like we did "Shout" if the team started

winning again. The Bills have changed their song a number of times, its not like the Redskins

or other teams who have had their songs forever.

Really? It just seems like BS to me. It's one of the most anticipated parts of a Bills game. From my season tickets, I usually see about 95% of the crowd clapping to the song. Usually about 90% of the crowd singing the song, especially the "Lets Go Buffalo" part. So, I'm not sure where you sit, or how alert you are, but you seem kind of out of it.

Not to mention, all of the people in the tailgates blasting the song. Or the impromptu singing of the Shout in hundreds of tailgates before and after the games. This doesn't take into account, after our few and far between wins, the constant singing of the shout song in the hallways of the Ralph's concourse, that usually gets started by about 10 different groups before you can exit the stadium.

Or the busload of Bills fans in Indianapolis that came off the bus with a boombox blasting the song. The impromptu Shout takeover in Carolina when the Bills were last there. Or even all of the You tube videos of countless Bills fans singing the song at parties, weddings, graduations, at the stadium, all across the country, or just for the hell of it. How about the New York City Bills Backers bar where all of the Buffalo transplants are screaming the song after the Raiders win? Wonder where they learned it? Same in Atlanta. I've actually worked in about 2/3 of all NFL stadiums in the late 90's and early 2000's, and there wasn't another stadium in the league where the fans sang the fight sone so well, and so loud. It's awesome.

Yeah, let's get rid of the Shout song. About the only good thing about this franchise over the last ten years. As I said before, Tom Donahoe, is that you?

:censored: