Your Top PS3 games

Rubes

I hadn't played a video game in years. I have a PS3 for the blu ray and Netflix streaming. However, a friend told me "you have to buy Red Dead Redemption". The game is simply unbelievable. Rare to say a game is worth every penny, but this one is. HUGE wide open world, great storyline (or you can just play around shooting the **** outta people if you're bored). I really can't say enough about this game. Go buy it.

One of the coolest parts if you can decide if you want to be a good upstanding citizen and earn the honor of the people, or be a total prick a earn the terrified respect of them. In fact, if you do enough heinous things, you actually can get rewarded for it because people are scared shitless of you.

Just awesome.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RDR is okay. It's a decent game but the story never grabbed me enough to really get me to finish it, and the gameplay became boring after a while.

Multi-platform games you should play:

1.) BioShock

2.) BioShock

3.) BioShock

4.) BioShock

5.) BioShock

Okay, now that I have that out of the way, here's the rest of the top ten:

6-10.) BioShock

11.) Dragon Age: Origins

12.) Fallout 3

13.) Prototype

14.) Borderlands

15.) Peggle

16.) Resident Evil 5

17.) Castle Crashers

18.) Puzzle Quest (original)

19.) Buy an xbox, then play Crackdown, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Fable 2, Shadow Complex, Splosian Man, Prey, etc. :thumbsup:

I'll just list a few of the games that I have had, and liked.

Uncharted 1 and 2.

God of War 3.

Resistance 1 and 2.

Killzone 2. (Very fun single player, amazing graphics)

PORTAL (It comes in the orange box game, a bundle of 4 games)

Infamous

Red Dead Redemption.

Ratchet and Clank: Tools of destruction/ Future. (Best platforming games out currently IMO)

For reviews I recommend IGN. They can give you a better description than any of us here can.

As for Call of Duty, as others have mentioned before. I wouldn't recommend them unless you plan to play online. And if you are new to gaming, I wouldn't recommend that. COD players are pretty rough on teh noobs. Besides, the single player missions last 5 hours, and are a jumbled mess.

RDR is okay. It's a decent game but the story never grabbed me enough to really get me to finish it, and the gameplay became boring after a while.

1.) BioShock

2.) BioShock

3.) BioShock

4.) BioShock

5.) BioShock

6-10.) BioShock

11-20) Bioshock 2

21.) Dragon Age: Origins

22.) Fallout 3

23.) Prototype

24.) Borderlands

25.) Peggle

26.) Resident Evil 5

27.) Castle Crashers

28.) Puzzle Quest (original)

29.) Buy an xbox, then play Crackdown, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Fable 2, Shadow Complex, Splosian Man, Prey, etc. :w00t:

I updated your list for you. :thumbsup:

1.) BioShock

2.) BioShock

3.) BioShock

4.) BioShock

5.) BioShock

6-10.) BioShock

11.) Dragon Age: Origins

12.) Fallout 3

13.) Prototype

14.) Borderlands

15.) Peggle

16.) Resident Evil 5

17.) Castle Crashers

18.) Puzzle Quest (original)

19.) Buy an xbox, then play Crackdown, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Fable 2, Shadow Complex, Splosian Man, Prey, etc. :thumbsup:

Peggle is the greatest game ever made... EVER!!

For those with a 360, Castle crtashers is a very fun game to play with others, (you have to battle your friends after every stage to see who gets the princess)

Battlefield bad comapany is my all time favorite game. The multiplayer is awsome because theres always something different you can try Plus you can destroy buildings which makes this game great. No other game has the amount of action and explosions. I have racked over thirty days online on this game and its not getting boring. I also figured out most of the glitches which makes it even more fun.

Thanks for the great suggestions. Never heard of RDR, actually. Sounds very cool, may check that out.

Bioshock is actually one of the games I did play on the computer. Never got very far -- it was good, but I wasn't totally captured by it. I don't feel an urge to go back and finish it, strangely.

In other news, I'm a bit surprised at the lack of love for Mass Effect or Fallout 3.

Thanks for the great suggestions. Never heard of RDR, actually. Sounds very cool, may check that out.

Bioshock is actually one of the games I did play on the computer. Never got very far -- it was good, but I wasn't totally captured by it. I don't feel an urge to go back and finish it, strangely.

In other news, I'm a bit surprised at the lack of love for Mass Effect or Fallout 3.

Mass Effect isn't a PS3 game. :w00t:

How could I forget that I also have Batman: Arkham Asylum? That game was absolutely amazing. I'm not big on all these accomplishments/trophies they've been adding to games now, but that was the first one where I ever got all of them.

i was going to list this game based on the demo i downloaded alone. ive heard only great things about it.

So much fun. You could do so many different versions of those psychologica attacks Batman would do like randomly dropping down from the ceiling and hanging a guy upside down by his feet. Half the time you could randomly luck your way into some crazy move like that.

I've got Bioshock for the PS3 and i'm not impressed. It's a decent game, but i'm not all gaga over it like everyone else is.

How can you not be impressed by Bioshock....? The game has the most atmosphere and the best storyline of any FPS... :w00t:

I'll second Batman, although some people find it boring (BlueFire and a friend of mine at work at the very least). I absolutely loved it though, and I'm not really a big Batman fan.