The Pats are done

most coaches never luck into one super bowl and one near perfect season, he somehow stumbled into his exceptional success? hit him for the cheating, hit him for being a dick, hit him for the tuck rule, but to suggest bb is only a "pretty good coach" is absurd.

Pretty good is an understatement, but I'm not ready to rank him as great just yet for the previously mentioned reasons, and I don't consider that near perfect season but so much of a plus. He's essentially coaching the dream team, and where I respect going for perfection a hell of a lot more than the colts decision to lay down last year, going all out to run the scoreboard up in every game was a stupid decision that may have cost them the SB.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing how they are defending AFC East Champions, and the only year in the last forever it seems that they didn't win the division, they won 11 games, yeah they are through? Their future Hall of Fame quarterback is healthy this year, last year he was still recovering. Last year they went through about half a dozen backs because their starter was hurt, he is back as his his backup. They are still the team to beat in the division and one of the 3 or 4 to beat in the AFC. If they have a fork in them, the Bills have the entire silverware drawer in them. Tom Brady isn't the only NFL player with a wife and kid to "chase around"? Belicheat is there, so they are always going to be competitive. I really wish your post was accurate, but it is way off sadly, in fact it would be nice just to be able to beat them for a second time in what the last 18 or 19 matchups?

Yeah, a 10-6 team (that as we all know could very, very easily have been 9-7) now quite likely missing one of its best players (Welker) for about half the year or more, a year older (and not in a good sense) at key spots like WR (Moss), QB (Brady) and RB (all of their "over the hill/HGH gang"), with no obvious positive additions in FA and the loss of two starters on D (Thomas and Springs) really strikes fear into the hearts of opponents this year. Did I mention the beating they took at home to end their season?

Again, fans, like many in the media, need to quit looking backwards and focus instead on the product actually on the field. If you look at them this way, the Pats* are way more than beatable this year, not that we'll cash in on the chance, but the Jets (and probably the Fins) probably will......

Belicheck was a cheating loser from Cleveland until he lucked out in the sixth round and got "creative" with the video department. The cheatin' SOB ain't won $@#! since he was exposed as a cheating fraud.

Are you serious? The Scandal was revealed early in 2007, since then:

2007: 16 wins 0 losses - AFC East Champs, played in the Superbowl

2008: 11 wins 5 losses- with a backup quarterback all season

2009: 10 wins 6 losses - AFC East Champs

Regular season since then: 37 wins, 11 losses

Post season: 2 wins, 2 losses

Yea they haven't won anything since then? Wow, if that is nothing what do you call what the Bills have done?

Are you serious? The Scandal was revealed early in 2007, since then:

2007: 16 wins 0 losses - AFC East Champs, played in the Superbowl

2008: 11 wins 5 losses- with a backup quarterback all season

2009: 10 wins 6 losses - AFC East Champs

Regular season since then: 37 wins, 11 losses

Post season: 2 wins, 2 losses

Yea they haven't won anything since then? Wow, if that is nothing what do you call what the Bills have done?

No offense man, but comparing the Pats over recent years to the Bills is just dumb. No one, and I mean literally NO ONE is suggesting the Bills have been comparable to or better than the Pats in the recent past.

Also, if you look at the pattern of your above post you'll notice that win column runs in descending order.

Also, if you look at the pattern of your above post you'll notice that win column runs in descending order.

To be expected when those 2 descending win totals years are due to the fact that your future HOF QB misses one of the seasons entirely and isn't 100% healthy the following one.

By all accounts Brady is back to 100% health for this season meaning that trend for less wins is over with.

Pretty good is an understatement, but I'm not ready to rank him as great just yet for the previously mentioned reasons, and I don't consider that near perfect season but so much of a plus. He's essentially coaching the dream team, and where I respect going for perfection a hell of a lot more than the colts decision to lay down last year, going all out to run the scoreboard up in every game was a stupid decision that may have cost them the SB.

perhaps-and we no doubt agree that bad things that happen in foxboro are good things for us all. i actually almost ended up in a wheelchair after the giant's win in that SB. i'm a bills or nothing fan, but my father-in-law is a giants fan who always wishes me & the bills good luck so long as it doesn't impact the giants. my wife pointed that out, and my respect for him plus my hatred for the pats convinced me to enjoy the SB and pull for the g-men. i was fully prepared to be miserable. when tyree caught that magical catch from a scrambling eli manning, i jumped as high as my little legs would go. alas, i was in my finished basement, under the finished ceiling framed to hide the duct work in that particular area and nearly compressed my spine.

like it or not, he's a consensus all-world coach, i fear.

perhaps-and we no doubt agree that bad things that happen in foxboro are good things for us all. i actually almost ended up in a wheelchair after the giant's win in that SB. i'm a bills or nothing fan, but my father-in-law is a giants fan who always wishes me & the bills good luck so long as it doesn't impact the giants. my wife pointed that out, and my respect for him plus my hatred for the pats convinced me to enjoy the SB and pull for the g-men. i was fully prepared to be miserable. when tyree caught that magical catch from a scrambling eli manning, i jumped as high as my little legs would go. alas, i was in my finished basement, under the finished ceiling framed to hide the duct work in that particular area and nearly compressed my spine.

like it or not, he's a consensus all-world coach, i fear.

1.) The video cheating was a HUGE advantage for Belichick* while it was going on. When you know the defense an opponent will run 75% of the time it gives the offense a huge advantage in the game. I wonder what cheating he is doing now that we will find out about in the future. He has no moral compass as a person.

2.) The officiating for NE* has been a big advantage over the years. Sure, there are some calls against other good teams that go against them but against lesser teams the officials really help NE* out.

3.) Brady has been a big advantage for them and the refs. protect his backside better than any stud LT.

4.) The media in NE* is goo-goo, gah-gah over Belichick. He can do not wrong and he is a genius in every sense of the word. Some ESPN and some national media also fall in that camp.

5.) Small prediction: Belicheat* will never win another SB. At least that is some small consolation.

6.) Another small prediction: Gailey will outcoach Belichick this year and if the officials are willing, we will win at least one of our games with NE*.

The Patriots may still be competetive, but their reign as a top flight team is over. Their GM whose moves have made Bellichick a legend is gone, most of their veterans are old/retired/gone, their defense is a shell of its former self, the anchor of their line is disgruntled, and Tom Brady has a wife and kid to chase around instead of living and breathing football.

I'm not predicting they'll flat out suck, but it wouldn't surprise me to see them finish under .500.

U have got to be kidding me. I have heard some innane posts on here, but this has got to take the cake. Last I looked the Pats still have Tom Brady, Randy Moss and Welker will be back. As long as they have Brady, they are good for 10 wins minimum. Hopefully, we will be able to compete with them now that we have a real coach who will hopefully play to win, instead of playing not to lose. What you say is plain WRONG!! They were the length of the football away from beating the Colts in Indy when the Colts were still playing all their starters. Sure they got wupped by the Ravens, but don't you think that was a wakeup call for them? Do you think the players and coaches they have are just going to mail in the season? Seriously, if you want to write something, think before you start typing.

U have got to be kidding me. I have heard some innane posts on here, but this has got to take the cake. Last I looked the Pats still have Tom Brady, Randy Moss and Welker will be back. As long as they have Brady, they are good for 10 wins minimum. Hopefully, we will be able to compete with them now that we have a real coach who will hopefully play to win, instead of playing not to lose. What you say is plain WRONG!! They were the length of the football away from beating the Colts in Indy when the Colts were still playing all their starters. Sure they got wupped by the Ravens, but don't you think that was a wakeup call for them? Do you think the players and coaches they have are just going to mail in the season? Seriously, if you want to write something, think before you start typing.

Awesome post. The arrogance and condescension really spice it up. We need more brilliant posters on here like yourself. You're really a breath of fresh air.

1.) The video cheating was a HUGE advantage for Belichick* while it was going on. When you know the defense an opponent will run 75% of the time it gives the offense a huge advantage in the game. I wonder what cheating he is doing now that we will find out about in the future. He has no moral compass as a person.

2.) The officiating for NE* has been a big advantage over the years. Sure, there are some calls against other good teams that go against them but against lesser teams the officials really help NE* out.

3.) Brady has been a big advantage for them and the refs. protect his backside better than any stud LT.

4.) The media in NE* is goo-goo, gah-gah over Belichick. He can do not wrong and he is a genius in every sense of the word. Some ESPN and some national media also fall in that camp.

5.) Small prediction: Belicheat* will never win another SB. At least that is some small consolation.

6.) Another small prediction: Gailey will outcoach Belichick this year and if the officials are willing, we will win at least one of our games with NE*.

line by line:

1. you'd think this would be the best response to suggest belicheck is a corrupt coach of a corrupt franchise and thus, his legacy is tainted. unfortunately---and don't shoot the messenger---many view it as a non-issue see your point #4). whether that point of view is colored by a desire to protect the franchise that is the nfl (my personal opinion) or not, it ain't keeping him out of the hall of fame with a decade of success.

2 and 3. i've said the same thing many times over the years, but it's irrelevant and will not impact the consensus view that bb is a hof coach. and, in fairness, brady is a great qb either way, and good teams typically "get the breaks".

4. wins do that for a franchise.

5. let's hope you're right.

6. please please please please please. i've been to gillette and seen the bills take them to the edge two times and lose games at the end. absolutely brutal. i won't go back because i can take an ass-kicking, but this bill's habit of taking it right to the end and then losing on a blown blitz pick-up or comedy of the absurd fumble on a kickoff is just too much.

I still think they are going to win the division but they are as mortal as they have ever been. Brady should be pretty good because it's his 2nd full year from injury but there are a ton of question marks. Their D is very suspect, their running game is very average, and their oline has it's share of holes.

Overall, I think the AFC East is a very overrated division.

The Patriots may still be competetive, but their reign as a top flight team is over. Their GM whose moves have made Bellichick a legend is gone, most of their veterans are old/retired/gone, their defense is a shell of its former self, the anchor of their line is disgruntled, and Tom Brady has a wife and kid to chase around instead of living and breathing football.

I'm not predicting they'll flat out suck, but it wouldn't surprise me to see them finish under .500.

Add in Wes Welker is coming off season ending surgery and the Pats have no running game.

Based on the job he's done to date in KC (Tyson Jackson may be a bigger bust than Maybin, considering where he was picked), I suspect that people have given too much credit to Pioli and not enough to Dimitroff, who was their head of college scouting, I believe, and is now Atlanta's GM. Matt Ryan and Sam Baker turned out pretty well, and he's done a good job there of turning that franchise around. Either way, two of the three main guys who helped build the Pats* are now running other franchises.....

GM fires coaches. If he wanted Gailey, Gailey would still be with the Chiefs.

Haley wanted Gailey gone, That's common knowledge. Haley is an offensive minded coach who wanted to run his own system and not Gailey's. So maybe Pioli technically "fired" Gailey, it was Haley who wanted and got him gone.

Its nice to see a pats* bashing thread make you defend the pats* again and show your true colors of being a bahston-loving, brady knob gobbling scumbag fan of the cheaters*.