18 game season

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Furthermore, coming from a bitter jaded Bills fan perspective, it most importantly makes the playoffs easier to qualify for. 2 more games means a diluted playoff pool, and you can still have a shot at the playoffs with 7, maybe even 8 losses.

Simply put every game is just too important with only 16 in a year. Each game needs less value so that more teams can have a chance to qualify for the postseason. Only speaking on a Bills fan perspective, it sucks being completely out of the running by early November. It just starts the vicious cycle of waiting for the draft, waiting for training camp, getting pumped for the season, they're terrible, and it's "whens the draft?" in November again.

Umm, unless they increase the number of playoff spots, the chances of making the playoffs stay the same, regardless of how many more games are added to the schedule.

I think you are saying that adding more games keeps teams in the hunt for a playoff spot longer.

This is a terrible idea; 16 games is plenty.

As for preseason, it is NOT too long; those games are supposed to be for evaluating which players make the team. The only reason people whine about it is because fans and the media who try to hype the games are impatient for 'real' football to start.

If you only care about starters, than don't watch the preseason games.

Perhaps someone will chime in. My impression is that they are against such.

I have always been under the impression that the NFLPA has been supportive of expanding roster sizes.

That said, I have no idea why I always thought that.

Bad idea. There already are too many injuries in a 16-game season.

The league will probably institute a supervised HGH and performance enhancing drug program to "help" the players deal with the extra stress on their bodies. 

The drugs they take now are not administered properly and lead to severe side effects like brittle and broken bones.

The NFL proposes and Enhanced Season concept to the players association. And I must say it's about time they started to talk about moving the season to 18 games.

Owners: Just do what we ask, and we will make sure it won't hurt...

Players: We won't agree to it...

Owners: Fine...we were going to use lube, but now we are just going to bend you over and start with a louisville slugger...

Players: We give up...we give up...whatever you want...