where was the tazer?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, that was ridiculous. That guy shouldve tasered both those chicks.

Some people dont seem to understand the concept of what the police are there to do, the guy wouldve never hit the other chick had she not interfered with the arrest, thats a crime, they should both be locked up.

sad, sad day when its ok to assault a police officer

For jaywalking? This whole scene is pathetic.

group of kids crossing a busy road in the wrong place. from what i see in Atlanta everyday, jaywalking needs to be enforced more everywhere. you have people ignoring lights, walking out into the street and causing accidents, or worse yet getting hit. for the most part it's not a huge deal, but there are certain streets that it is a major problem. we're not talking about Orchard Park here, this is a metropolitan area.

he waved an entire group over, and the girl in the black shirt was the only one to resist. she ignored him and started walking away. when he went to get her, she started with the backtalk and pushing...

Some people dont seem to understand the concept of what the police are there to do

Stop you from crossing the street?

Government is a gun to your head, and cop pigs support government statist pigs while thinking they are doing the right thing.

Do you really think you can stop dumb kids from jaywalking?

Stop you from crossing the street?

Government is a gun to your head, and cop pigs support government statist pigs while thinking they are doing the right thing.

Do you really think you can stop dumb kids from jaywalking?

wow, i thought i wasnt a fan of the police...

yes, you can stop people from doing things that are against the law, by enforcing the law. the area that the cop was in had a problem with people jaywalking. all you need are a few days of police presence and enforcement and people will notice and start going to the crosswalk and waiting for the light. it works. ive seen it done. not just with jaywalking.

do you think the girls' reactions were appropriate?

Cop showed a lot of restraint making that arrest. I do like this comment in the article....

Leaders in the African-American community on Tuesday raised questions of race. Walsh is white, the alleged violators and most of the crowed were black. "The race issue gets old after a while; it really does," O'Neill said, adding Seattle and the community can lose credibility.

I'm getting tired myself of everytime there's a difference in color, someone screams "rasicts!" and Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton have to go on TV.

I have no opinion on whether or not the officer should have been arresting the girl, the video starts too late for that. I tend to think it might have been an overreaction if it was simply a jaywalking incident (that's a ticket, not an arrest).

But I will say these two things:

1. He had a right to hit her, once she started going off.

2. He's a HORRIBLE cop who needs to be retrained or needs to find other work.

I have no opinion on whether or not the officer should have been arresting the girl, the video starts too late for that. I tend to think it might have been an overreaction if it was simply a jaywalking incident (that's a ticket, not an arrest).

But I will say these two things:

1. He had a right to hit her, once she started going off.

2. He's a HORRIBLE cop who needs to be retrained or needs to find other work.

I think your #2 really shows what you say you have "no opinion" about. What should the cop have done if the girl refused to produce ID so he could issue her a ticket then started to get verbal and physical in her refusal?

Smartest person in the video was the male w/ the 2 girls...he not only tried to keep fatty in the pink shirt away from the cop, but once she went after him, he got the hell out of the way. Props to him.

I hope the guy who video'd this got hit by a car shortly after for his "are you serious? are you serious?". :mellow:

I saw all of this on the Today Show this morning. This is a fun one. Of course it was Sharpton they had on talking about it. You know it's a bad sign when any criticism of the cop's action starts with "now I don't condone the actions of these girls, but...". Yeah, the cop probably went a bit far, but those girls brought it upon themselves. When you do stupid things, bad things are far more likely to happen to you. The truth of the matter is that it didn't matter what that cop did there, he was going to wind up looking bad in someone's eyes. That one punch pretty much brought everything under control though and no serious damage happened to anyone. A big thumbs up for that.

I did enjoy Sharpton looking like an idiot this morning though. He said a couple times that the cop wound back and unloaded that punch on her. Sure Al, he backed up with the sole intention of loading up a punch. Completely ignore the fact that he didn't back up on his own, but was actually pushed back.

And a couple people questioned why they're making an issue out of jaywalking. I had heard a week or two ago that they have been heavily enforcing jaywalking offenses recently in the Seattle area. That would at least explain why a cop is stopping someone for jaywalking.

I think your #2 really shows what you say you have "no opinion" about. What should the cop have done if the girl refused to produce ID so he could issue her a ticket then started to get verbal and physical in her refusal?

No, my #2 says I think he handled this poorly, from what I saw. I will refrain from judging if he should have tried to arrest her, although I tend to believe jaywalking isn't an arrestable offense unless something else went down.

My #2 simply points out this officer didn't command respect in his body language, voice control, physicality, etc. I think an excellent officer would have controlled this situation in a far better fashion. That's IMO, of course.

No, my #2 says I think he handled this poorly, from what I saw. I will refrain from judging if he should have tried to arrest her, although I tend to believe jaywalking isn't an arrestable offense unless something else went down.

My #2 simply points out this officer didn't command respect in his body language, voice control, physicality, etc. I think an excellent officer would have controlled this situation in a far better fashion. That's IMO, of course.

the story goes: a group of 4 people were jaywalking. the officer waved the entire group over to simply write them tickets. 3 people in the group complied, the girl in black decided to ignore the officer and started walking in the other direction. the officer walked after the girl in black and tried to get her to re-join the group and write her ticket. she then started with the back talk and pulling away from the officer. the situation then escalated quickly.

had she just walked over and kept her mouth shut, she would only have had a minor fine for jaywalking. instead she did this.

i agree with your second paragraph. while it is the girl's fault for this escalating, the cop did not control the situation as he should have.

Possibly. But IMO, this girl just has a bad attitude and is not going to respect a cop no matter what. That is what escalated things from a jaywalking ticket to the arrestable charges.

Granted, the cop isn't intimidating. He isn't any taller than the girl. But what can you do about that? Require cops to be a certain height to be hired?