OTA update

I will say that if ML stays in buffalo he will be a great redzone/goal line player.

Agree. The team does need Lynch. Yes, we do have some good guys in the backfield, but you can't have enough good players around. Lynch is part of the mix. The team needs him. I'm glad he's back.

Agree. The team does need Lynch. Yes, we do have some good guys in the backfield, but you can't have enough good players around. Lynch is part of the mix. The team needs him. I'm glad he's back.

Im approaching this 3 rb situation like this, freddy will prob get more reps in the first 6 games, but as the season progresses, spiller ability will win him the job for 1st and 2nd down with lynch and FJ splitting 3rd, and the downs that CJ is split out wide. Marshawn should be a good goalline/redzone threat with his lower body strength.

what does all this mean, well CJ will have alot of chances to showcase that breakaway speed and playmaking ability, FJ will extend his career by going back to the change of pace guy that he should be, and Lynch stays happy with limited carries, but more TDs (increasing his fantasy value).

IMO, this is the best way it could turn out. Will it happen IDK, but one can only hope

Im approaching this 3 rb situation like this, freddy will prob get more reps in the first 6 games, but as the season progresses, spiller ability will win him the job for 1st and 2nd down with lynch and FJ splitting 3rd, and the downs that CJ is split out wide. Marshawn should be a good goalline/redzone threat with his lower body strength.

what does all this mean, well CJ will have alot of chances to showcase that breakaway speed and playmaking ability, FJ will extend his career by going back to the change of pace guy that he should be, and Lynch stays happy with limited carries, but more TDs (increasing his fantasy value).

IMO, this is the best way it could turn out. Will it happen IDK, but one can only hope

I think there will be a lot of plays that feature two backs in the backfield and there may even be times that Lynch, Jackson and Spiller are all on the field together.

I think there will be a lot of plays that feature two backs in the backfield and there may even be times that Lynch, Jackson and Spiller are all on the field together.

thats true, i was thinking more along the lines of the traditional single back set or i-formation with a FB, but lynch could fill in at FB or they could run the split back set with any combo of the 3. its gonna be fun to see what chan comes up with

As long as he's not suspended and he's healthy, Lynch has the value of a first round running back - and, if it weren't the trouble, no one would question his football value. So, right now we've got two legitimate 1st round RB's and a 2500 all-purpose back alongside them... that - especially considering they each have different capabilities - has got to be one of the nicest backfields in the NFL.

And, as long as he's healthy and not suspended, his value remains high to us. If he really gave it his all, I think he'd be the starter, with Spiller being the change of pace guy, relegating Jackson to relief, returns, and passing downs... Considering the inconsistency of our line in pass protection, Gailey's history of being a run minded coordinator, and our young recievers and QB situation, I'd say that even with Jackson and Spiller Lynch has more value to us as things are than almost anywhere else.

That being said, I think it's great he's back practicing and I hope we keep him here unless we can get a second rounder for him (in the event a starter somewhere goes down) or we use him in a trade for a player - maybe a LT or QB...

"Wildcat offence now 1st and 10 on the 23. Jackson in quarterback position flanked by Spiller and Lynch. Spiller goes in motion to the outside. Heres the snap. Jackson hands off to Lynch. Oh wait! Play action! Jackson passes to Spiller. Breaks a tackle. at the 10... 5... TOUCHDOWN! CJ Spiller on a play action pass from Freddy Jackson! Do you believe it??"

"Wildcat offence now 1st and 10 on the 23. Jackson in quarterback position flanked by Spiller and Lynch. Spiller goes in motion to the outside. Heres the snap. Jackson hands off to Lynch. Oh wait! Play action! Jackson passes to Spiller. Breaks a tackle. at the 10... 5... TOUCHDOWN! CJ Spiller on a play action pass from Freddy Jackson! Do you believe it??"

Not really.

Got a nice ring to it.

I wish we had as much depth at all the positions as we do running backs. We would be unstoppable.

I am glad Lynch went to practice. Hopefully he saw that he was in a can't win situation and the best thing he could do for himself and the team was show up and practice/play hard.

As long as he's not suspended and he's healthy, Lynch has the value of a first round running back - and, if it weren't the trouble, no one would question his football value. So, right now we've got two legitimate 1st round RB's and a 2500 all-purpose back alongside them... that - especially considering they each have different capabilities - has got to be one of the nicest backfields in the NFL.

And, as long as he's healthy and not suspended, his value remains high to us. If he really gave it his all, I think he'd be the starter, with Spiller being the change of pace guy, relegating Jackson to relief, returns, and passing downs... Considering the inconsistency of our line in pass protection, Gailey's history of being a run minded coordinator, and our young recievers and QB situation, I'd say that even with Jackson and Spiller Lynch has more value to us as things are than almost anywhere else.

That being said, I think it's great he's back practicing and I hope we keep him here unless we can get a second rounder for him (in the event a starter somewhere goes down) or we use him in a trade for a player - maybe a LT or QB...

Pretty much all you need to know right there............

thats true, i was thinking more along the lines of the traditional single back set or i-formation with a FB, but lynch could fill in at FB or they could run the split back set with any combo of the 3. its gonna be fun to see what chan comes up with

That's what's so cool about the hiring of Gailey. I don't think too many people can dispute the talent he has for getting the most out of an offense. Unless they haven't done research.

Not really.

Somebody run over your dog today!! :lol:

I like it. :w00t:

When that play happens this year you're gonna look silly!! :)