Jets Confidential Article on the Bills

Griswold

Check it out. Looks like someone trying to be negative despite the good. Kind of like TSW poster Promo The Robot. In fact, this article labels Donohoe "Commander Tom" which indicates a fetsih with 1970's Bflo TV, so the author could indeed be PTR. He took a break from watching Bowling for Dollars to write an article.

Jets Confidential

The author starts out with some feint praise of Mularkey & Co. for winning on the road. It sets the false tone of impartiality. Then the article goes downhill. He starts with backhanded compliments of Bledsoe moving the team down the field.

The author then proceeds to sleight WM by inferring Bledsoe's interceptions were due to WM missing blitz pick ups. He further roasts WM for having "barely over 60 yards through three quarters". I guess the first downs don't mean anything. I need to learn about football. Then the dude reaches to put "ironic" and "antithesis" into one sentence... that took until Wednesday and a few Tylenol to accomplish. Alanis Morissette would be proud!

The author's biggest offense is relying almost exclusively on strength of schedule analysis to skewer the Bills progress. Incredulously, he slurs the Bills progress as coming from a soft schedule, then the dude turns around in the next paragraph and discusses how the Bills could be billsfanone by having a soft schedule for the remainder of the season. Give me a break.

To this guy, the Bills victory was only due to Seahawk injuries, which made a lame Seahawk team more weak. He then goes into a multi-paragraph explanantion of how the Bills have benefitted from weak opponents. He even makes excuses for the Jet's loss to Bflo due to a Jets letdown "coming off a big win."

I like this loser quote "I know there's a lot of euphoria today in Buffalo, but if we are to be honest, this team thus far has done absolutely nothing that it did not do last season." I guess drastically improved offensive line, a more effective running game at critical moments, and better recievers doesn't count as better than last year.

This guy is reaching too far to paint a negative picture, the motivating rationale could be to preserve an income stream posing as an unbiased Bills Fan for opposing team boards.

I didn't know the Dan Rather Journalism Institute turned out sports writers.

Each team has it's own report, and for the Bills that's good old "Mark Weiler." I can't imagine he actually gets paid to write that crap. He's supposedly the !@#$ "beat reporter." He's just a hack without an ounce of professionalism in his body.

He never liked the McGahee pick, thought it was a big mistake, and absolutely has it in for Donahoe and Bledsoe.

Check it out.  Looks like someone trying to be negative despite the good.  Kind of like TSW poster Promo The Robot.  In fact, this article labels Donohoe "Commander Tom" which indicates a fetsih with 1970's Bflo TV, so the author could indeed be PTR.  He took a break from watching Bowling for Dollars to write an article.

Jets Confidential

The author starts out with some feint praise of Mularkey & Co. for winning on the road.  It sets the false tone of impartiality.  Then the article goes downhill.  He starts with backhanded compliments of Bledsoe moving the team down the field.

The author then proceeds to sleight WM by inferring Bledsoe's interceptions were due to WM missing  blitz pick ups.  He further roasts WM for having "barely over 60 yards through three quarters".  I guess the first downs don't mean anything.  I need to learn about football.  Then the dude reaches to put "ironic" and "antithesis" into one sentence... that took until Wednesday and a few Tylenol to accomplish.  Alanis Morissette would be proud!

The author's biggest offense is relying almost exclusively on strength of schedule analysis to skewer the Bills progress.  Incredulously, he slurs the Bills progress as coming from a soft schedule, then the dude turns around in the next paragraph and discusses how the Bills could be  billsfanone by having a soft schedule for the remainder of the season.  Give me a break.

To this guy, the Bills victory was only due to Seahawk injuries, which made a lame Seahawk team more weak.  He then goes into a multi-paragraph explanantion of how the Bills have benefitted from weak opponents.  He even makes excuses for the Jet's loss to Bflo due to a Jets letdown "coming off a big win."

I like this loser quote "I know there's a lot of euphoria today in Buffalo, but if we are to be honest, this team thus far has done absolutely nothing that it did not do last season."  I guess drastically improved offensive line, a more effective running game at critical moments, and better recievers doesn't count as better than last year.

This guy is reaching too far to paint a negative picture, the motivating rationale could be to preserve an income stream posing as an unbiased Bills Fan for opposing team boards.

I didn't know the Dan Rather Journalism Institute turned out sports writers.

142042[/snapback]

I fail to understand what sort of knowledge you hoped to gleam from reading this in the first place.

That idiot knows very little about football. Once a Jest, always a Jest! :P

The author of that article is Mark Weiler, formerly active on the Billszone forum, and before that the Buffalo Range. He actually would consider himself a Bills fan if you can believe it, though he is among the most negative Bills fans ever.

When he posted as Wys Guy, his posts were known for wordiness and the exhaustive inclusion of statistics to back up his negativity. An interesting factoid, he was one of the most vociferous and stubborns supporters of Rob Johnson before his departure from the Bills. Now he is one of the most venomous Bledsoe haters around. Once he makes his mind up about someone (he hates Donahoe and Mularkey) he will not change his mind or back off, but will continue to spin things in order to support his twisted view. Sad really.

The author of that article is Mark Weiler, formerly active on the Billszone forum, and before that the Buffalo Range.  He actually would consider himself a Bills fan if you can believe it, though he is among the most negative Bills fans ever. 

When he posted as Wys Guy, his posts were known for wordiness and the exhaustive inclusion of statistics to back up his negativity.  An interesting factoid, he was one of the most vociferous and stubborns supporters of Rob Johnson before his departure from the Bills.  Now he is one of the most venomous Bledsoe haters around.  Once he makes his mind up about someone (he hates Donahoe and Mularkey) he will not change his mind or back off, but will continue to spin things in order to support his twisted view.  Sad really.

142194[/snapback]

You summed him up fairly accurately there :P

"Clearly, in hindsight, the Bills schedule will only have featured six games vs. teams that will likely finish much above .500 meaning that it will have been a relatively soft and easy schedule." Is this guy nuts? The average team finishes .500. There are 16 games in a season. Now let's say that four of your games are against teams with .500 records. That leaves six games against teams with winning records, and another six against teams with losing records. This is a more or less average schedule.

But the sentence I quoted wasn't about games against teams with winning records. It was about teams on pace to finish significantly above .500, which meant that the guy was able to ignore our win over Seattle. I'm pretty sure St. Louis had a winning record before we beat them. In other words, we will have had eight or more games against teams with winning records, making our schedules one of the hardest in the league. For crying out loud, we have three games against the two best teams (NE and Pitt) in the league.

"but if we are to be honest, this team thus far has done absolutely nothing that it did not do last season." He's right. Well, except for the fact that our offensive line is now playing well. And except for the fact we now have a complete RB. And a good speed WR in Evans. And the fact our offensive coaching effort is no longer a predictable joke. And except for the emergence of one of the best FB's in the league. And except for the fact that we are now able to run the ball against defenses when they know it's coming. And except for the fact that over the last few weeks, we've really cut back on stupid penalties. And except for the fact that our return game has become one of the best in the league. And except for our improved punting game. Oh, and Ryan Lindell's improvement from last season. But other than all that, there hasn't been any improvement, really.

"but if we are to be honest, this team thus far has done absolutely nothing that it did not do last season." He's right. Well, except for the fact that our offensive line is now playing well. And except for the fact we now have a complete RB. And a good speed WR in Evans. And the fact our offensive coaching effort is no longer a predictable joke. And except for the emergence of one of the best FB's in the league. And except for the fact that we are now able to run the ball against defenses when they know it's coming. And except for the fact that over the last few weeks, we've really cut back on stupid penalties. And except for the fact that our return game has become one of the best in the league. And except for our improved punting game. Oh, and Ryan Lindell's improvement from last season. But other than all that, there hasn't been any improvement, really.

145964[/snapback]

That's some seriously funny sh--.