Bust of Churchill Returned By King Obama?

Well, at the risk of reigniting conner. I didn't realize this story was this old otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. However I did so I'll I'm saying is does this man(Obama) have no sense of history? No respect for other countries that are our friends? Even if he secretly didn't like Winston wouldn't it make sense to keep it just to show the English that you do consider it a honor to have it. If only for political reasons to please them? Listen, I know its not a big deal but it shows a lot about this guy. No common sense or he is just that arrogant he doesn't give a crap. Either way, he's not good. I have to wonder if it was a bust of Desmond Tutu or Nelson Mandela is that jackass returning it?

Obama may or may not have personal animosity towards the UK. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

What this all shows me is that the people he put in place - the one's who decided to return the bust, who thought an Ipod was an apprropriate gift for the Queen, and who got the Prime Minister a bunch of DVD's that can't be played on a European zone dvd player - are both clueless and incompetant.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama may or may not have personal animosity towards the UK. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

What this all shows me is that the people he put in place - the one's who decided to return the bust, who thought an Ipod was an apprropriate gift for the Queen, and who got the Prime Minister a bunch of DVD's that can't be played on a European zone dvd player - are both clueless and incompetant.

Speaking of the gifts, what do you get as a gift for the Queen? Honestly curious here, maybe jewelery? A piece of art? :w00t:

• 1 month later...
Actually, this is old news. One of the very first things Obama did when moving in to the Oval Office was move out the Churchill bust. It got a little air time, but back then, Obama could have taken a dump on the WH lawn at high noon and the press would have ignored it.

Its a shame that objective journalism is dead and most of the main stream media is in bed with the liberal agenda

don't worry he will pick better people to run obamacare! /sarcasm

Hey, if anyone cares, I just found out why Obama sent back Churchill's bust.

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_gr...hill/index.html

Once again salon got it all wrong!!! It's a little know fact according to moveon.org that prior to taking office in 1951 Churchill went to the prison where Obama grandfather was kept and extinguished his cigar on his grandfathers forehead.

It doesn't matter. Let's assume that Obama's education taught him that Churchill was an imperialist racist responsible for atrocities in Kenya. What the heck - for argument let's even assume he was. (Churchill seemed prejudiced in his views towards the empires's natives. But his real sin was in employing force and repression to hold the empire together.)

Churchill is now a historical figure whose legacy represents vigilance and leadership in the darkest of hours. His colonial views are a footnote, rather like the slave-holdings of Washington.

If Obama wants to view Churchill legacy in that way, so be it. The mature thing would have been for him to bark at some subordinate to get that thing out of his office. It should have quietly gone into a closet somewhere, with nothing said to the British. It should not have been returned, and Obama's animosity to Churchill shouldn't color his policies towards the UK today.

Foot's on the other shoe now, isn't it?

No entirely, for all of the things I didn't like about the prior administration. I respected him and some of the things he accomplished. The way it is now, no one respects the President and no one can find anything to agree with him on. Just a big B word fest.

No entirely, for all of the things I didn't like about the prior administration. I respected him and some of the things he accomplished. The way it is now, no one respects the President and no one can find anything to agree with him on. Just a big B word fest.

I think that says more about who's in the WH now than a bunch of posters on a message board.