Bust of Churchill Returned By King Obama?

Man, you guys should bone up on your reading comprehension and read the article in it's entirety before commenting on it! :devil:

Now, I didn't read the article but the way I understand it is that the outrage was not over the removal of the Churchill bust but with Obama's plan to replace it with the bust of the Prophet Mohammad.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the BP story has given it new legs. Both the bust and the embarrassingly thoughtless gifts given to the Queen and the Brown family are being served up as background in pieces calling into question how the Obama administration values the relationship.

And it would be better if it all served as background for a story on how thoroughly thoughtless this administration is.

All but the bust "issue", that is...which is just completely stupid. Last I checked, giving back something to someone that they loaned to yet someone else is not a gesture of disrespect.

Man, you guys should bone up on your reading comprehension and read the article in it's entirety before commenting on it! :devil:

Now, I didn't read the article but the way I understand it is that the outrage was not over the removal of the Churchill bust but with Obama's plan to replace it with the bust of the Prophet Mohammad.

I swear to God, if I ever get into the White House (unlikely in the extreme, I admit), I'm going to put in the Oval Office busts of Harvey Milk, David Duke, and the Idi Amin. Just to piss everybody off.

I swear to God, if I ever get into the White House (unlikely in the extreme, I admit), I'm going to put in the Oval Office busts of Harvey Milk, David Duke, and the Idi Amin. Just to piss everybody off.

Don't forget Jesus. No better way to insult billions with a bust of Jesus.

:devil:

Don't forget Jesus. No better way to insult billions with a bust of Jesus.

:devil:

Jesus, Mohammed, and Darwin.

Actually, I think Milk, Duke, and Amin would piss off even more people than that combination.

Jesus, Mohammed, and Darwin.

Actually, I think Milk, Duke, and Amin would piss off even more people than that combination.

I like the Mohamed bust. Not only will it piss off the non-muslims, it'll piss off the muslims themselves by the mere fact you commissioned a bust of him.

A bit of a insult? I can't see why he would do this. One of the greatest hero's ever and this hack has the balls to disrespect so much? Whatever Winston crapped out after fajita night would be a better leader than Obama

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...to-Britain.html

I love Churchill. I suppose I don't know you that well, but from what I've seen of your posts, I'm forced to ask, do you even know a thing about the guy?

And it would be better if it all served as background for a story on how thoroughly thoughtless this administration is.

All but the bust "issue", that is...which is just completely stupid. Last I checked, giving back something to someone that they loaned to yet someone else is not a gesture of disrespect.

In diplomacy, a loan can be seen as the same thing as a gift, if the consequences for refusing it are the same. After all, since when is diplomacy anything but silly games of protocol and appearance. Who stands where, who sits next to whom...

Did Obama ask for or need a pencil holder made especially for this occasion from the timbers of the anti-slavery warship HMS Gannet, sister ship to the HMS Resolute whose timbers made a white house desk in use since 1880? No. Did the Queen need an Ipod with showtunes and Obama speeches? Or did Gordon brown need 25 Region 1 DVD's? No.

And yet the exchange of gifts - or more precisely, misteps from the exchange of gifts - weighs heavily on popular attitudes. Even the children's gifts were a topic of discussion over there. The Obama girls got dresses and necklaces from trendy Uk shops and books autographed by Uk writers. The Brown boys received White House gift shop models of the Marine One helicoptor ($15 on Amazon).

This is red meat for the tabloids looking to whip up anger.

I love Churchill. I suppose I don't know you that well, but from what I've seen of your posts, I'm forced to ask, do you even know a thing about the guy?

He's was from England I think.

I expected a dumb post like that from you. Great job!! :flirt:

Your lack of originality has never been more blatant. Nothing like rearranging words in pretend condescension. Your attempts hide your obvious lack of intelligence grow more pathetic with each post. The growler I took this morning would be a more valuable contributor to this board.

He's was from England I think.

Oh come on! You just passed up a perfectly good opportunity for us to hear conner drone on and on about:

1. carving up the Middle East in a seemingly stupid, but actually intelligent(if you are England) way

2. trying to keep the Irish down

3. trying to keep the Indians(dots) down

(I honestly don't know if conner is aware of any of these...)

And here I was: hoping that conner would start yipping about these things. Actually, I was looking forward to conner inevitably not understanding/misunderstanding/ignoring some/many(whichever conveniently support the leftist agenda at the time) of the facts, therefore, creating ridiculous arguments, and drawing ludicrous conclusions from them.

Then, I was hoping Darrin and Tom and the rest if the peanut gallery would verbally abuse conner, because....Well, let's face it, we all like watching the abuse. :) Then, conner would talk in a circle, or, make some ridiculous claim....and then backpedal/deny, backpedal/deny. This would invariably end in the word idiot being used about 50 times, and much humor would ensue.

But, no, you had to ruin it with your diffusing comment. Great. :w00t::lol:

Oh come on! You just passed up a perfectly good opportunity for us to hear conner drone on and on about:

1. carving up the Middle East in a seemingly stupid, but actually intelligent(if you are England) way

2. trying to keep the Irish down

3. trying to keep the Indians(dots) down

(I honestly don't know if conner is aware of any of these...)

And here I was: hoping that conner would start yipping about these things. Actually, I was looking forward to conner inevitably not understanding/misunderstanding/ignoring some/many(whichever conveniently support the leftist agenda at the time) of the facts, therefore, creating ridiculous arguments, and drawing ludicrous conclusions from them.

Then, I was hoping Darrin and Tom and the rest if the peanut gallery would verbally abuse conner, because....Well, let's face it, we all like watching the abuse. :) Then, conner would talk in a circle, or, make some ridiculous claim....and then backpedal/deny, backpedal/deny. This would invariably end in the word idiot being used about 50 times, and much humor would ensue.

But, no, you had to ruin it with your diffusing comment. Great. :w00t::lol:

I'm sorry but I try to avoid confrontation.

Alright, that's 2 in a row. Cut...it...out. Any more of this and this place is going to turn into an Deepak Chopra drum circle :w00t:

Well, at the risk of reigniting conner. I didn't realize this story was this old otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. However I did so I'll I'm saying is does this man(Obama) have no sense of history? No respect for other countries that are our friends? Even if he secretly didn't like Winston wouldn't it make sense to keep it just to show the English that you do consider it a honor to have it. If only for political reasons to please them? Listen, I know its not a big deal but it shows a lot about this guy. No common sense or he is just that arrogant he doesn't give a crap. Either way, he's not good. I have to wonder if it was a bust of Desmond Tutu or Nelson Mandela is that jackass returning it?

Well, at the risk of reigniting conner. I didn't realize this story was this old otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. However I did so I'll I'm saying is does this man(Obama) have no sense of history? No respect for other countries that are our friends? Even if he secretly didn't like Winston wouldn't it make sense to keep it just to show the English that you do consider it a honor to have it. If only for political reasons to please them? Listen, I know its not a big deal but it shows a lot about this guy. No common sense or he is just that arrogant he doesn't give a crap. Either way, he's not good. I have to wonder if it was a bust of Desmond Tutu or Nelson Mandela is that jackass returning it?

Alright, if you insist on being serious...

I think this has more to do with Obama, etc.'s irrational hatred of Bush, combined with the sudden realization that all that yelling means they have foolishly committed themselves to something...different...now. But, they find out: there's not a whole lot that they can do differently, and, there's not a whole lot they can do competently, because they simply aren't familiar with the material.

So, they return the bust, because, Bush asked for it, and "dammit, we are gonna do something, anything, to symbolically remove him". The potential consequences and messages we are sending England? Well, like I said, it's irrational hatred.

Ultimately, Bush was a false lighting rod for all kinds of things. I.E., Bush '= Guantanamo, so let's cut the crap. The facts are:

1. that there's nothing we can do with illegal combatants

2. no state wants them

3. it reminds these people that despite all their pining, we are fighting a real war against evil men, period.

4. it reminds these people that despite all their psychobabble, real evil does exist in this world, and must be fought.

If they stopped and thought for a second, they'd realize that they hate these facts, and not Bush. But, it's easier to put a face on them, and synthesize it all down to "Hate Bush because of Guantanamo". And of course, this is perfect if you intend to be politically dishonest.

They can't do anything about GITMO, and everything else, so they transfer that angst to a defenseless piece of artwork.