OT: DVD burning software

TracyLee

In brief: Ron Artest is perfectly entitled to beat the crap out of someone who throws a beer at him, but he shouldn't lift a finger if you steal his rap CD, because since it's illegal but unenforcable, it's legal.

148971[/snapback]

AND there was a lot of "Well, if my sister's friend's dog's breeder lends me a tape of a movie off of HBO, is that legal or not?" nonsense...

Then, Tracy said "I dont think it's illegal, but I do think its illegal" or something similar, sending us all in a tailspin.  She mentioned matress tags.

148949[/snapback]

Mattress tags! Now that explains it. I had to hurtle over my couch to keep the dog from ripping the tag off the bottom of the ottoman.

Speaking of ottomans, isn't a footstool a funny thing to name an empire after? :devil:

Mattress tags!  Now that explains it.  I had to hurtle over my couch to keep the dog from ripping the tag off the bottom of the ottoman.

Speaking of ottomans, isn't a footstool a funny thing to name an empire after? :devil:

148988[/snapback]

Yeah, and how come the Huns, Mongols, Vikings, etc don't have their own furniture?

Yeah, and how come the Huns, Mongols, Vikings, etc don't have their own furniture?

148989[/snapback]

Technically, I don't think the Huns had an empire per se...nor the Vikings. They were more along the lines of "marauding bands" type of people, rather than "settle down and oppress the peasants" types. Ergo...no furniture.

And the Mongols...they just didn't use furniture. Just rugs. And besides...who wants to sit on a gher or a yurt anyway?

Tracy asked how to help her son DL movies from Kazaa.

Some of us helped her, some explained how Illegal it is, some questioned her parenting, and others fought.

Enter BF_In_Indiana. Explaining his contribution to the thread is like explaining what the middle of a chicken mcnugget is acutally made of.  He actually mentioned Artest. I believe its around pages 8-10, but it is definitely worth reading.

Then, Tracy said "I dont think it's illegal, but I do think its illegal" or something similar, sending us all in a tailspin.  She mentioned matress tags.

We explained the difference, and that it is illegal to DL copywrited things, and she finally admitted it, but still said she wouldn't stop.

And now we're here....

148949[/snapback]

I love this board :devil:

Technically, I don't think the Huns had an empire per se...nor the Vikings.  They were more along the lines of "marauding bands" type of people, rather than "settle down and oppress the peasants" types.  Ergo...no furniture.

And the Mongols...they just didn't use furniture.  Just rugs.  And besides...who wants to sit on a gher or a yurt anyway?

149004[/snapback]

Friggin' Dexter. TBD's resident "literal man". <_<

I only just now noticed this thread has 44 pages.

Madre de Dios y sangre de Cristo y tu Mama también.

Thanks for the summary, Steve.  But 44 pages???

149040[/snapback]

I just started rereading it. Very entertaining when BF drops in for a chat...but honestly, it jumps the shark around page 15...

And it's definitely some of stevestojan's best work ever.

I just started rereading it.  Very entertaining when BF drops in for a chat...but honestly, it jumps the shark around page 15...

And it's definitely some of stevestojan's best work ever.

149053[/snapback]

Someone should turn this into a screenplay. This is better than anything I have read in a long time. Antagonists, protagonists, bit players, village idiots, intrigue, suspense, the hint of murder. Wow, this is great drama. Maybe SDS can make this available as a hard-bound edition when it finally gets to it's catastophic ending.

Someone should turn this into a screenplay.  This is better than anything I have read in a long time.  Antagonists, protagonists, bit players, village idiots, intrigue, suspense, the hint of murder.  Wow, this is great drama.  Maybe SDS can make this available as a hard-bound edition when it finally gets to it's catastophic ending.

149086[/snapback]

Robert Altman would make millions off this. Wait!!! He'd be stealing it right? <_<

We better check with Ron Artest and BF. :doh:

Someone should turn this into a screenplay.  This is better than anything I have read in a long time.  Antagonists, protagonists, bit players, village idiots, intrigue, suspense, the hint of murder.  Wow, this is great drama.  Maybe SDS can make this available as a hard-bound edition when it finally gets to it's catastophic ending.

149086[/snapback]

Nice idea. I picture it with some sort of crude "South Park" style animation, with Mr. Hankey playing the part of BF...

I only just now noticed this thread has 44 pages.

Madre de Dios y sangre de Cristo y tu Mama también.

Thanks for the summary, Steve.  But 44 pages???

149040[/snapback]

If you change your settings to display 40 posts per page, it is only 22 pages. <_<

149086[/snapback]

And if you think this is good, you should read NJSue's last "Please do my homework" thread.

The link to it is buried somewhere in this thread. Check around page 30...

If you change your settings to display 40 posts per page, it is only 22 pages.  <_<

149126[/snapback]

Like how Yogi told the waitress to cut his pizza into six slices because he didn't think he could eat eight. :doh:

I went back and read the part where BF came in. But Artest! [splat] Artest! [splat] :doh:

Like how Yogi told the waitress to cut his pizza into six slices because he didn't think he could eat eight.  <_<

149131[/snapback]

I used to work in a pizzeria. Actually had someone ask for that...

I charged him a $5 "stupid tax". Ditto the people who called to complain "my tuna sub tastes like fish"...