***OFFICIAL WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD***

ajzepp

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

!@#$ the floppers. And no, not everyone does it

Van Brommel has been the only flopper I've seen on the Dutch side in this WC. All the other guys might get hit, but they get right back up and there's very little talk to the ref, much less whining for calls.

That was a nasty kick to the face #14 got from the Uruguayan #22 Cavaras(? I don't quite remember). Even on this choppy ESPN3.com feed I've got (which is awesome, I might add! Especially for us antenna-only people) you could see he got his face re-arranged.

La Liga sucks. I'd rather watch EPL to see the crappy overrated english clubs :thumbsup:

[/italian bias]

:thumbsup:

BTW, does anyone else get a kick out of it whenever they see "Van der Faart" out on the pitch? I love that guy! lol

He plays for Villareal in Spain. A good team but not as much cash as Madrid or Barcelona.

Actually Forlan plays for Atlético de Madrid since 2007, Real Madrid city rival. It's a step below Madrid and Barcelona but still a storied team, their fans are known as colchoneros.

Actually Forlan plays for Atlético de Madrid since 2007, Real Madrid city rival. It's a step below Madrid and Barcelona but still a storied team, their fans are known as colchoneros.

My bad. I heard the commentator say Villareal but he must have been talking about someone else.

Several years ago I was working with a programmer from the Netherlands.

1998 during the World Cup to be exact.

I asked him. "As a fan of Dutch football, what would you

rather see...The Dutch winning the World Cup OR

beating Germany in any type of match? "

Without ANY hesitation, he would have rather see

a win by the Dutch over Germany...The WC trophy

was secondary. I was amused by the lack of

hesitation in his response.

:blink: Sounds like something my Dutch relatives would say. They can't stand the Germans. I love Germans though. :thumbsup:

Go Holland! :thumbsup:

:nana:

It seems like everybody has been making it sound like Spain has been underachieving the whole tournament, and yet they're in the finals......And, now you're counting them out again?.......I guess I don't know squat about this sport.

It seems like everybody has been making it sound like Spain has been underachieving the whole tournament, and yet they're in the finals......And, now you're counting them out again?.......I guess I don't know squat about this sport.

I'm not counting them out, I just think that Holland will win.

Wow - how did Germany not win this game and come away with a paltry 5 shots when they looked like word beaters in absolutely destroying England and Argentina? I know Spain is a good team, but I really expected to see more from Germany.

Wow - how did Germany not win this game and come away with a paltry 5 shots when they looked like word beaters in absolutely destroying England and Argentina? I know Spain is a good team, but I really expected to see more from Germany.

missing Mueller hurt Germany

missing Mueller hurt Germany

Definitely....I also think you tend to have much more inconsistent play when you have a younger team.

I'm really surprised at the result...oh well, I just hope the final is a great match!

BTW, I think we should just start a petition for the 2013 world cup. The way it works is, we just go ahead and award Brzil the 2014 cup, and that way they get the accolades they deserve and those of us who follow non-Brazilian teams will still have a chance to win lol

Location of the 2013 world cup? Canada, of course!

Sorry dude. This ones going to Holland.

Holland looked pretty aggressive in the 2nd half yesterday. I would be happy for them if they won it all. I enjoy watching Spain play, because they have some amazing players, but I'm probably going to be rooting for the boys in orange.

LET'S GO VAN DER FAAART!!!! BLOW EM AWAY!!!