Bills @ Dolphins

Brand J

Bills @ Dolphins '98-'99 AFC Wildcard Playoff Game

- Sooo many mistakes made this game (5 turnovers - 4 fumbles, 1 int).

- Flutie was exciting to watch, but made many mistakes, including a rookie mistake on that last drive.

- Eric Moulds finished with 9 catches for 240 yds.

- Our OL was pathetic, but Flutie was able to mask their many deficiencies the entire season.

- Not one of Andre Reed's best games.

- I miss the excitement of playoff football... :worthy:

- Flutie was exciting to watch, but made many mistakes, including a rookie mistake on that last drive.

- Our OL was pathetic, but Flutie was able to mask their many deficiencies the entire season.

Please stop with blaming Flutie on the fumble already. It's been discussed over and over already. Trace Armstrong buried his helmet into Flutie's armpit while Flutie's arm was in throwing motion...sorry, but how is that a rookie mistake?

Please stop with blaming Flutie on the fumble already. It's been discussed over and over already. Trace Armstrong buried his helmet into Flutie's armpit while Flutie's arm was in throwing motion...sorry, but how is that a rookie mistake?

Flutie could have thrown it quicker or ran or anything but lose the ball. Trace Armstrong forced Flutie TO FUMBLE!!!!! He fumbled. Own it. Stop making excuses.

PTR

Is this the game with the opening play bomb to Moulds which was completed and then fumbled?

Edit: Put two hands on the ball and quit carrying it like a loaf of bread!

The rookie mistake was throwing an INT in the end zone before halftime when the Bills had the ball inside the 10...

The fumble was just the product of holding the ball too long.

Is this the game with the opening play bomb to Moulds which was completed and then fumbled?

Who carries a loaf of bread like that?

What the Bills COULD NOT do was get sacked, or throw something short of the goal line. They were out of timeouts. It was first down, so if the play was developing that slowly, you gotta throw that thing out of the endzone if the first two reads aren't there. Plus, Flutie had to know that with the blocking scheme, the RT wasn't blocking Armstrong. Get the ball out!! Anyway, it's over and done and in the past...

what memories...i've posted this many times, but wtf...i was 10 rows up in the endzone looking right in fluties eyes when he got poleaxed on that last play. he had no chance. the bills did, however, waste several other great opportunities that could have kept us out of that position. ah well..

that day was the final day of a 3 day drunk that included maybe 8 hours sleep in total....we had been in tampa the say before watching penn st/kentucky and did new years there, plus the night before this game we were in south beach...wow i wish i had that kind of stamina now...

What the Bills COULD NOT do was get sacked, or throw something short of the goal line. They were out of timeouts. It was first down, so if the play was developing that slowly, you gotta throw that thing out of the endzone if the first two reads aren't there. Plus, Flutie had to know that with the blocking scheme, the RT wasn't blocking Armstrong. Get the ball out!! Anyway, it's over and done and in the past...

I was at that game sitting between the thirties. It poured about 30 minutes before gametime. Than the sun came out and it was unbelievably hot and humid for the entire game. I had my Flutie jersey on and got plenty of abuse from Phish fans for it, who basically suck ass. (gave out my share of sh-t as well) Flutie definitely had to get rid of that ball at the end of the game. NO WAY he could take the hit in that situation. Moulds was a beast in that game-just ate up Terrel Buckley from what I recall. Looking back our 1998 and 1999 teams were very competitive. Hopefully, we get back to that level and beyond soon enough. I have a good feeling about what Chan Gailey is going to bring to the table. I also went to the Music City Miracle. Anybody else on here go to both of those games? Two tough games I tell you what. Seems like a lifetime ago.

ON MY DEATHBED....AS MY LIFE FLASHES BEFORE MY EYES...THAT PLAY, THE MUSIC CITY MIRACLE, AND SCOTT NORWOODS KICK...WILL BE FRONT AND CENTER AS MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENTS.... <_<

ON MY DEATHBED....AS MY LIFE FLASHES BEFORE MY EYES...THAT PLAY, THE MUSIC CITY MIRACLE, AND SCOTT NORWOODS KICK...WILL BE FRONT AND CENTER AS MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENTS.... <_<

Those 3 plays basically sum up the Buffalo Bills franchise - something great, followed by a HUGE letdown. The Bills are due this next decade, that is, if the world doesn't end 12/21/2012 like the Mayans believe...

Those 3 plays basically sum up the Buffalo Bills franchise - something great, followed by a HUGE letdown. The Bills are due this next decade, that is, if the world doesn't end 12/21/2012 like the Mayans believe...

The Bills will be 13-0 and have beaten every team by 50 points and be the hands down favorite to win it all when the world ends. Damn.

PTR

Flutie could have thrown it quicker or ran or anything but lose the ball. Trace Armstrong forced Flutie TO FUMBLE!!!!! He fumbled. Own it. Stop making excuses.

PTR

Fruity Flakes cost us the game, there is NO doubt about that. I wish I bought a box of that awful cereal and stomped on it myself.

The guy or guys who blew the last play was Jerry Ostroski or who ever made the blocking call. Watch Ostroski line up in front of Armstrong, only to run by him to double team a guy who doesn't even pass rush. On one of the ground level shots you see him standing there doing NOTHING, while Armstrong man handles Thurman Thomas. Either Ostroski was a moron or who ever made the blocking call was. But to leave a great pass rusher like Armstrong unblocked left to Thurman is as dumb as a play as you'll ever see.