Best Bills Arm of All Time

Im not asking who the greatest quarterback was......not the greatest reader of defenses......im just talkin BEST ARM.

Who had the prettiest deep ball, fluidity of motion, zip on the ball.......say he had perfect protection.

Who had the most talent in purely delivering the ball downfield?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not asking who the greatest quarterback was......not the greatest reader of defenses......im just talkin BEST ARM.

Who had the prettiest deep ball, fluidity of motion, zip on the ball.......say he had perfect protection.

Kelly. End of discussion.

Kelly. End of discussion.

Since we're not talking about pure QB skills - just throwing the ball given perfect protection - I'd have to say Bledsoe. He had a canon when he had time to throw.

The guy with "the best arm" ever on the Bills was probably James Harris, who played with OJ, and was the first black QB to start the season as a #1 QB. He didn't harness it with enough consistency, however, although he had a decent career with the Rams, and still holds an executive position with the Lions.

I became a fan during the Joe Ferguson era so I cannot comment on guys prior. JP Losman had a very strong arm but unfortunately for him bounce passes work in the NBA not NFL. Kelly of coarse threw a tight spiral but I think JP had the strongest arm.

Darly Lomonica f rom the mid 60s.

There is no doubt Kelly was the best all around QB ever, but as you said that isn't the question. I would probably say for just pure arm, Drew Bledsoe. He had one of the best arms to enter the NFL in the past half century.

darryl Lamonica...how can anyone dispute this?

Actually Jack Kemp had a a remarkably strong arm as well.

However in both cases they were protected by an excellent offensive line and perhaps the greatest blocking fullback halfback combination ever to play the game...Wray Carlton and Cookie Gilchrist.