49ers stadium proposal passes

Didn't Ed Roski lose a lot of money over the past couple years? Don't hear much about that L.A. thingy anymore.

A guy whose fortune is tied to leasing commercial real estate? I'm sure he's doing just fine!

The LA project is awaiting a current owner who a.) wants to move to California and b.) wants to surrrender partial ownership to "Ed Roski".

City of Industry would be far better off luring an electric car company to that location.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if this was organized by the 49ers as a means to force the hand of San Francisco, just like Kraft used Hartford several years ago when MA lawmakers initially told him to take a hike.

Do they really want to play in Santa Clara?

I betcha that if the stadium is ever built they will still be the SF 49ers...unless SC ponies up some $$$ to get them to make the switch. Face it, SC may have the population but SF has the prestige, the glitz, the history, the Chef....(I could go on, but we'll stop with Chef Jim).

How does Santa Clara have the population? San Francisco is a much bigger city.

The 49ers haven't moved to another state, let alone another country.

Besides the point.

We had the Warriors cross the bridge and drop the SF tag (while trying to garner state-wide support with their naming convention). The Raiders moved to LA and became the LA Raiders. Had the Giants been lured to San Jose before Pac Bell Park, they would have used the SJ prefix.

I concede though in all likelihood, the 49ers have more season ticket holders on the Peninsula and Valley than in the City and County of San Francisco

I wonder if this was organized by the 49ers as a means to force the hand of San Francisco, just like Kraft used Hartford several years ago when MA lawmakers initially told him to take a hike.

Do they really want to play in Santa Clara?

Jed York wants this. Not to mention that the 49'ers team headquarters is in Santa Clara. Also SC is right next to San Jose, where there are lots of Niner fans, and the area is a lot better than SF.

San Francisco has had 15 years to do something about refurbishing Candlestick Park or building a new stadium, and the result has been nothing.

As to all the speculation and opinions of what the Niners would be called if they played in Santa Clara, the York family has already said that they will remain the San Francisco 49ers in any scenario.

How does Santa Clara have the population? San Francisco is a much bigger city.
Santa Clara borders San Jose which is the 3rd largest city in the state.

San Jose is also the 10th largest city in the United States and the bay area is the 6th largest metropolitan area in the U.S. although they have two teams to support. I live in downtown San Jose and I'm about 4 miles from the site of the proposed stadium.

Also, the York family is thrilled that the ballot measure passed. The teams offices and practice facilities are in Santa Clara already and have been for years.

Let's hope the new stadium is quake-proof...anybody remember watching the Oakland game in 1989 (game three of the World Series) when the camera started shaking?

Yep....October 17....just got home from grocery shopping. A scary night all right. The sister-in-law was

living in Cupertino and a friend was living in Salinas.

And the HP for all other times!!!

I guy I work with, part time thing on weekends, shares Shark season tix with two other guys. One of the guys may be dropping out due to health reasons, so we may be filling that slot. So yeah, may be spending quality time there 13 or 14 times this fall. :)

I guy I work with, part time thing on weekends, shares Shark season tix with two other guys. One of the guys may be dropping out due to health reasons, so we may be filling that slot. So yeah, may be spending quality time there 13 or 14 times this fall. :)

Awesome Dante. If anyone else should fall ill before gametime, I'm always available. ;)

Absurd argument. Call the team SF when they are essentially are hqed and play 50 miles away in San Jose?

Conceptually, I get the whole Bay Area vibe thing, but it would be like the Bills moving to Hamilton and retaining the Buffalo place-name.

As preposterous it is for the Jets and Giants to call themselves NY, NYC is 12 miles away and still by far the most populous city in that region.

It is just as absurd as my team. The Dallas Cowboys started playing in IRVING Texas in 1971 after playing at

the Cotton Bowl in Dallas AND now play in ARLINGTON,Texas which is even FARTHER away from Dallas!!!!

It is just as absurd as my team. The Dallas Cowboys started playing in IRVING Texas in 1971 after playing at

the Cotton Bowl in Dallas AND now play in ARLINGTON,Texas which is even FARTHER away from Dallas!!!!

And much closer to Fort Worth than Dallas. Yet no one is suggesting the team change it's name to the "Fort Worth Cowboys."

PTR

From what I understand, Arlington is about 20 miles from Dallas.

San Jose is about 50 miles from San Francisco.

Right now I can't think of a team representing one city that plays in another city that would be farther than 50 miles.

And much closer to Fort Worth than Dallas. Yet no one is suggesting the team change it's name to the "Fort Worth Cowboys."

PTR

You are right. Arlington is closer to Fort Worth. Only over the dead bodies of the Jones Families would the

Dallas Cowboys EVER be named the Fort Worth Cowboys.

The 49'ers will end up staying in San Francisco. There is an alternative stadium being proposed in a big redevelopment called Hunters Point. It will end up being a better deal than if they moved to Santa Clara. The team will have to pay far more out of pocket to build down the highway. They asked the NFL for money, but the stadium fund was used up by the Jets. The Yorks are notoriously cheap, they will not pay the $700 million needed to bridge the gap. This is a huge bluff to get a better deal from San Francisco. Really they just want to speed alng the stadium in San Francisco which has been stalled since the days of Eddie Debartolo.