49ers stadium proposal passes

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Santa Clara 49'ers? Hey, I guess if the Giants and Jets can be HQ'ed and play in NJ and still call themselves NY...

the NEW ENGLAND Patriettes? F that,

We should be THE NORTHERN HEMISPHERE BILLS!!!!!!!

The Santa Clara 49'ers? Hey, I guess if the Giants and Jets can be HQ'ed and play in NJ and still call themselves NY...

Jet and Gints play in Metro NY.

If the Niners move 45 miles to Santa Clara, they are 5 miles from San Jose which has a larger population than SF.

There's no way they could legitimately claim SF in their moniker.

Jet and Gints play in Metro NY.

If the Niners move 45 miles to Santa Clara, they are 5 miles from San Jose which has a larger population than SF.

There's no way they could legitimately claim SF in their moniker.

Sure they can. As you say the Jets & Giants play in Metro NY.

The 49'ers will still be in the Bay Area, and they can still keep the SF in their moniker.

Sure they can. As you say the Jets & Giants play in Metro NY.

The 49'ers will still be in the Bay Area, and they can still keep the SF in their moniker.

Absurd argument. Call the team SF when they are essentially are hqed and play 50 miles away in San Jose?

Conceptually, I get the whole Bay Area vibe thing, but it would be like the Bills moving to Hamilton and retaining the Buffalo place-name.

As preposterous it is for the Jets and Giants to call themselves NY, NYC is 12 miles away and still by far the most populous city in that region.

Absurd argument. Call the team SF when they are essentially are hqed and play 50 miles away in San Jose?

Conceptually, I get the whole Bay Area vibe thing, but it would be like the Bills moving to Hamilton and retaining the Buffalo place-name.

As preposterous it is for the Jets and Giants to call themselves NY, NYC is 12 miles away and still by far the most populous city in that region.

I betcha that if the stadium is ever built they will still be the SF 49ers...unless SC ponies up some $$$ to get them to make the switch. Face it, SC may have the population but SF has the prestige, the glitz, the history, the Chef....(I could go on, but we'll stop with Chef Jim).

The 49ers haven't moved to another state, let alone another country.