Bills and the free agent market

Should the Bills make moves to upgrade the team at Receiver and Left Tackle? Do you guys buy what this new regime is selling, that is another rebuilding season. Rebuilding is what this franchise has been doing for the last decade.

This entire season could depend on what this new GM / FO / HC do in the up coming weeks.

Should the Bill NOT make any trades or free agency moves we can all expect this season to be filled with many losses and many unhappy weekends, it will again suck to be a Bills fan for 2010.

The Bills need to do a few things to make a real run at being competitive this year, calling this year a "rebuilding" year is an excuse for losing! Then they will spew the same garbage jauron spewed at us, even after 4 years of drafting and free agency the team still lacks talent!! I say BS... the team lacked talent in scouting, choosing draft picks, on the sidelines and in play calling / game planning.

I dunno about the rest of you fans but should the Bills call this a rebuilding year and refuse to make any further moves to upgrade the team, then I refuse to support them and will not buy merchandise, game tickets. Sadly for you guys I will still come here and vent :devil:

What I think the Bills should do is...there are still viable options at WR & LT that could perhaps help this team to win games and even sell some tickets once fan faith is restored.

They could resign TO or another veteran FA receiver to help the passing game. Then sign Flozell Adams or make a trade for Jared Gaither, pick up a veteran free agent LT, there is still time to make moves. I can only hope this new regime doesn't pull a jauron and go into this season as is. Some moves would at least show me they recognize they have some serious issues at certain positions and will attempt to correct them.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&amp...rc=16&pid=3

Do you guys buy the "rebuilding" line?

None of us, not even those of us with a copy of Madden 2010, know who will emerge. I have to put some faith in Nix and Gailey to know if and when the Bills need to go after someone. But at this point who is really left, and will we have to gut the team just to get them?

PTR

Trust me this team needs to Rebuild. And it may take up to 5 years before this team is even close to competing for the playoffs. With the pending lockout, who knows what's gonna happen to free agency. It could go back to the old school of the 80s or could be like it has been in recent times. If it goes back to the 80s style, it's def gonna be build throught the draft. So if we draft bad, the team won't do anything for many more years. If it goes back to the mid 90s style fa, then we might be able to get it together in 2-3 years. It's gonna take time and patience fans. Rome wasn't built in a day. With an old owner and uncertainty of the collective bargaining agreement, your guess is as good as any until this team ever sees the post season. It's a bad football team and It needs alot of work and patience before these guys will compete with the elite of this league.

Trust me this team needs to Rebuild. And it may take up to 5 years before this team is even close to competing for the playoffs. With the pending lockout, who knows what's gonna happen to free agency. It could go back to the old school of the 80s or could be like it has been in recent times. If it goes back to the 80s style, it's def gonna be build throught the draft. So if we draft bad, the team won't do anything for many more years. If it goes back to the mid 90s style fa, then we might be able to get it together in 2-3 years. It's gonna take time and patience fans. Rome wasn't built in a day. With an old owner and uncertainty of the collective bargaining agreement, your guess is as good as any until this team ever sees the post season. It's a bad football team and It needs alot of work and patience before these guys will compete with the elite of this league.

5 years? Are you high? It doesn't take 5 friggin' years. In 5 years you've rebuilt, hit your peak and need to rebuild again! You can go from 6-10 to the wild card in one season.

Do yourself a favor and stop listening to the so-called experts and think for yourself:

1) The Bills were ravaged with injuries and bad coaching last year, and yet we still won 6 games.

2) The Bills lost no important players from last year. Sorry. T.O. doesn't count. I said IMPORTANT players.

3) We have a coach who finally has a clue.

4) We had a pretty good draft with some potential impact players.

Now how the hell does that add up to 1-15?? No QB, you say? We haven't had a QB, or a head coach for that matter, for the last 3 years!! And yet we still win 6-7 games!! We were so fupped duck and we still won more games than 8 other NFL teams!

There is no way this team goes backward in 2010. No way.

PTR

Bullcocky Dude! The Fins went from 1-15 to the playoffs. I have been a fan for 30 years but will not sign up for 5 more years w/o a playoff game. So shut the F up if you're making excuses for another losing season and demand that your team be competitive now. We CAN be entertaining, we CAN make the playoffs this year by doing the following: Trade for McNeil or Gaither to sure up our OLine, sign Flozell or another servicable vet tackle and DEMAND accountability from players, EXPECT to be great, practice like CHAMPIONS and finally bring back Kelly, Talley, Thurman, Wolford, Reed to act as consultants and position assnt coaches to foster a WINNING attitude at the Ralph.

BUT 5 MORE YEARS OF LOSING- NO WAY, NOT ACCEPTABLE ......EVER!

5 years? Are you high? It doesn't take 5 friggin' years. In 5 years you've rebuilt, hit your peak and need to rebuild again! You can go from 6-10 to the wild card in one season.

Do yourself a favor and stop listening to the so-called experts and think for yourself:

1) The Bills were ravaged with injuries and bad coaching last year, and yet we still won 6 games.

2) The Bills lost no important players from last year. Sorry. T.O. doesn't count. I said IMPORTANT players.

Now how the hell does that add up to 1-15?? No QB, you say? We haven't had a QB, or a head coach for that matter, for the last 3 years!! And yet we still win 6-7 games!! We were so fupped duck and we still won more games than 8 other NFL teams!

PTR

I hate to be a homer and all, but PTR is 100% correct.

Should the Bills make moves to upgrade the team at Receiver and Left Tackle? Do you guys buy what this new regime is selling, that is another rebuilding season. Rebuilding is what this franchise has been doing for the last decade.

This entire season could depend on what this new GM / FO / HC do in the up coming weeks.

Should the Bill NOT make any trades or free agency moves we can all expect this season to be filled with many losses and many unhappy weekends, it will again suck to be a Bills fan for 2010.

The Bills need to do a few things to make a real run at being competitive this year, calling this year a "rebuilding" year is an excuse for losing! Then they will spew the same garbage jauron spewed at us, even after 4 years of drafting and free agency the team still lacks talent!! I say BS... the team lacked talent in scouting, choosing draft picks, on the sidelines and in play calling / game planning.

I dunno about the rest of you fans but should the Bills call this a rebuilding year and refuse to make any further moves to upgrade the team, then I refuse to support them and will not buy merchandise, game tickets. Sadly for you guys I will still come here and vent :devil:

What I think the Bills should do is...there are still viable options at WR & LT that could perhaps help this team to win games and even sell some tickets once fan faith is restored.

They could resign TO or another veteran FA receiver to help the passing game. Then sign Flozell Adams or make a trade for Jared Gaither, pick up a veteran free agent LT, there is still time to make moves. I can only hope this new regime doesn't pull a jauron and go into this season as is. Some moves would at least show me they recognize they have some serious issues at certain positions and will attempt to correct them.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&amp...rc=16&pid=3

Do you guys buy the "rebuilding" line?

For you Flozell Adams people, He is an old, overweight, slow, has been. Believe me, we are better off with a healthy Bell.

For you Flozell Adams people, He is an old, overweight, slow, has been. Believe me, we are better off with a healthy Bell.

Not to mention his hearing problem, hence all the false starts he committs, plus he's a cheap shot artist. I would trade for Gaither or McNeil, but Adams is not an upgrade.

I wholeheartidly disagree. This team hasn't proven a thing in a decade. Teams have made changes, coaching changes, look at the Lions. They haven't gotten anywhere yet. Just because you get a new coach and GM doesn't mean you're gonna do better then 6-10 record. You could actually go down from there. The Dolphins got Bill Parcells. A Proven Winner, that's why they went from 1-15 to the playoffs the following year. The Bills are using a Completely new offense and defensive system than last year. It takes time for personal to adjust and to have the right players involved to make the systems work. Check yer facts! This is is a bad football Team. They have really no place to go but up, but then again, it doesn't always work that way... I'm not making excuses for losing. I'm just saying, there is no proven winner here and there is no way to know we got the right people in place until they start playing come September. If the Team does better then last year, then we know we're probably headed in the right direction...

I think we are in the definition of a rebuilding year. New O-line, New defense. All new coaches. No proven quarterback. Week at several positions including WR...others. I have been a fan for way too many years. If you read this board the last several off-seasons, sooooooooo many people brimming with hope...NO, confidence about how this was our year.........

Reality is we are building for the future. I'm actually optimistic for the future...but hey I remember when we drafted Mike Williams and that was our year. Then the next year was gonna be our year. Then Greg Williams was going to turn it around, then it was Mularkey, then it was Marv Levy, then it was Big Dick. Then it was TO.

All I'm saying here is there is a pattern of fans getting all excited for the upcoming year. Let me ask you a question: How would you feel if you were a fan of the NY Jets, the Pats, the Dolphins, the Vikings, Colts, Saints, Packers. There is A LOT of optimism out there. I am optimistic, just realistic. We are a couple years away. Build the foundation. (Any yes, sign some free agents....ppppppppppp..lease! :devil:

Do yourself a favor and stop listening to the homers and just think.

1) Everybody had injuries. Who did we lose that was so special? Name the players that we lost who could start on another team in our division. Wood - maybe for the Fish: any others -- nope. Our schedule was cake and we still lost 10 games.

2) The Bills do not have any important players. How could we lose one. Not one Bills starter is in the top ten at their position in the league and very few are inside the top 25 (punter excluded). Nor did we sign one important player. TO was our best offensive player last year, rant all you want. Our best defensive player was a rookie who missed 6 games.

3) So do most other teams especially the three in our division. Our coach is still the fourth best in the division even though he is a big improvement over Dick.

4) George Allen "Every rookie starter will cost you one game". Most drafted this year will contribute in two to three years.

I think we are in the definition of a rebuilding year. New O-line, New defense. All new coaches. No proven quarterback. Week at several positions including WR...others. I have been a fan for way too many years. If you read this board the last several off-seasons, sooooooooo many people brimming with hope...NO, confidence about how this was our year.........

Reality is we are building for the future. I'm actually optimistic for the future...but hey I remember when we drafted Mike Williams and that was our year. Then the next year was gonna be our year. Then Greg Williams was going to turn it around, then it was Mularkey, then it was Marv Levy, then it was Big Dick. Then it was TO.

All I'm saying here is there is a pattern of fans getting all excited for the upcoming year. Let me ask you a question: How would you feel if you were a fan of the NY Jets, the Pats, the Dolphins, the Vikings, Colts, Saints, Packers. There is A LOT of optimism out there. I am optimistic, just realistic. We are a couple years away. Build the foundation. (Any yes, sign some free agents....ppppppppppp..lease! :devil:

It's a rebuilding year plain and simple. I heard Terrence McGee this afternoon talking about not liking the new defense-at first. So there are a lot of things to learn, and not even mini-camps, OTA's, and training camp will be enough. I'm sure that they'll get the new schemes down, but usually it takes a season. McGee himself struggled adapting to the T2 in 2006, but became a reliable CB thereafter.

I agree, optimism is fine as long as it's grounded in reality. On that most fans can agree, but there seems to be no basis for much of the optimism here, aside from the fact that the GM and HC are new. Somehow, new has always translated into better. For me, there's too much uncertainty surrounding this team with ownership to get overly hyped up. The lease is up in 2012, and it's not hard to get out of it before then. Sometimes teams have to hit rock bottom to move up.

PTR

I couldn't agree more with anything about the upcoming season I have read on here yet. Especially all the insanely pessimistic comments are really just as much a guess at what will happen, yet when I read them it's as if this upcoming season is carved in stone at 1-15.

Forget the O-line, forget Trent, Forget no 2nd receiver, and nevermind a new defensive scheme. All you have to look at is no matter the learning curve on both sides of the ball, This team is vastly, and I mean vastly with a fricken sherry on top better:

1. Coaching, and coaching decisions. You can't run an offense, or a defense(tampa 2 please!) any worse then with the staff that was here last year. Even learning a new system there will be moments, but I clearly see these player performing better.

2. Drafting decisions this year - Watching the draft you can tell they focused on getting one area of the team better in a hurry, and had the foresight to pick Spiller. Luxury pick my ASS. Freddy is 30, and Marshawn is a jackass.

3. Injuries - there's no way limp-Dick's team of 06-09 could have been prepared and conditioned worse in the entire history of professional athletics. <- that one alone has to account for 1 full win.

And this one os directed really at all the negative Nancy-pants poster on here :

4. If everyone on here thinks Marv/Jauron and company were so poor at drafting and putting the right talent on the field, how can switching from a 4-3 where we had drafted all these players for that scheme, not work in a 3-4 defense? It was extremely clear to anyone watching the team as you have clearly pointed out in your ever-so-upbeat posts that we didn't have the correct personell to perform well. How can the switch make these guys any worse?

I just don't get how unreal everyone can be on this board at times, nobody who is slightly optomistic is trying to say Chan is the savior, but how about just taking a step back, and let the new regime either earn their keep, or their lumps before you nail the season to the cross.

And the way Trent Edwards is crucified on here you'd think he took a dump on the front porch of the Pope's house. If you people have that much hate, maybe it's time grow up, and get some councelling.

I'm not saying they have a shot at the playoffs, but I don't see any way they perform worse than the steaming pile of $h1t I watched last year, and I still went to a local bar and watched every game, and even went to the Tennessee oilers game. Agame in which I believe ended the Music city mistake curse. I was at that game 10 years earlier, with the same friend i grew up with who still is lucky enough to live Buffalo.

Go Bills!

I couldn't agree more with anything about the upcoming season I have read on here yet. Especially all the insanely pessimistic comments are really just as much a guess at what will happen, yet when I read them it's as if this upcoming season is carved in stone at 1-15.

Forget the O-line, forget Trent, Forget no 2nd receiver, and nevermind a new defensive scheme. All you have to look at is no matter the learning curve on both sides of the ball, This team is vastly, and I mean vastly with a fricken sherry on top better:

1. Coaching, and coaching decisions. You can't run an offense, or a defense(tampa 2 please!) any worse then with the staff that was here last year. Even learning a new system there will be moments, but I clearly see these player performing better.

2. Drafting decisions this year - Watching the draft you can tell they focused on getting one area of the team better in a hurry, and had the foresight to pick Spiller. Luxury pick my ASS. Freddy is 30, and Marshawn is a jackass.

3. Injuries - there's no way limp-Dick's team of 06-09 could have been prepared and conditioned worse in the entire history of professional athletics. <- that one alone has to account for 1 full win.

And this one os directed really at all the negative Nancy-pants poster on here :

4. If everyone on here thinks Marv/Jauron and company were so poor at drafting and putting the right talent on the field, how can switching from a 4-3 where we had drafted all these players for that scheme, not work in a 3-4 defense? It was extremely clear to anyone watching the team as you have clearly pointed out in your ever-so-upbeat posts that we didn't have the correct personell to perform well. How can the switch make these guys any worse?

I just don't get how unreal everyone can be on this board at times, nobody who is slightly optomistic is trying to say Chan is the savior, but how about just taking a step back, and let the new regime either earn their keep, or their lumps before you nail the season to the cross.

And the way Trent Edwards is crucified on here you'd think he took a dump on the front porch of the Pope's house. If you people have that much hate, maybe it's time grow up, and get some councelling.

I'm not saying they have a shot at the playoffs, but I don't see any way they perform worse than the steaming pile of $h1t I watched last year, and I still went to a local bar and watched every game, and even went to the Tennessee oilers game. Agame in which I believe ended the Music city mistake curse. I was at that game 10 years earlier, with the same friend i grew up with who still is lucky enough to live Buffalo.

Go Bills!

I do appreciate your point of view and optimism. However, I don't agree with you. Your counterpoints appear to be weak and lacking substance. How can you say I clearly see these players playing better? That statement lacks substance and is too general.

How can you say forget the OL, QB, new defensive scheme, and no 2nd WR? You have to take that into consideration when evaluating this team?

Coaching? I happen to agree that Gailey is an offensive upgrade. However, we lost Perry Fewell who was a very good defensive coordinator. He will be missed. I don't not have the same faith in our new DC and he is implementing a new 3-4 scheme. You seem to dismiss how difficult the transition is.

Drafting decisions? Lots of opinions here? Much has already been talked about on this. But to say we drafted better this year than past years is unproven and not a given.

Injuries? How the heck can anyone predict this...You simply state as fact we will have less injuries due to better conditioned players. Simply not the facts. Also, you haven't taken into account which player gets injured. (ie)Star player- Tom Brady. No evidence to say that accounts for one full win.

I do love the line about Trent pooping on the pope's porch. Very witty and funny. Probably the best thing in your post.

The Bills have been among the worst in league at stopping the run, not so great on offense (see passing game) and have struggled year after year against fellow AFC East teams (see record against the Pats), so some serious changes have been required. This is a team that is clearly rebuilding and not simply reloading - and rightly so. What has been tried has not worked and it was time to try something else.

The entire coaching staff is new and there are two big questions going into training camp:

1) Will we have a effective starter at QB (is there one on this team?)

2) Will we have a effective starter at LT (is there one on this team?)

The coaching staff seems to think number that one is okay for now and it looks like the same could be said about number two. If not, you would think that the Bills would have brought in someone by now - so they could get acclimated with the new system (the OL could gel sooner).