Bills and the free agent market

Should the Bills make moves to upgrade the team at Receiver and Left Tackle? Do you guys buy what this new regime is selling, that is another rebuilding season. Rebuilding is what this franchise has been doing for the last decade.

This entire season could depend on what this new GM / FO / HC do in the up coming weeks.

Should the Bill NOT make any trades or free agency moves we can all expect this season to be filled with many losses and many unhappy weekends, it will again suck to be a Bills fan for 2010.

The Bills need to do a few things to make a real run at being competitive this year, calling this year a "rebuilding" year is an excuse for losing! Then they will spew the same garbage jauron spewed at us, even after 4 years of drafting and free agency the team still lacks talent!! I say BS... the team lacked talent in scouting, choosing draft picks, on the sidelines and in play calling / game planning.

I dunno about the rest of you fans but should the Bills call this a rebuilding year and refuse to make any further moves to upgrade the team, then I refuse to support them and will not buy merchandise, game tickets. Sadly for you guys I will still come here and vent :wacko:

What I think the Bills should do is...there are still viable options at WR & LT that could perhaps help this team to win games and even sell some tickets once fan faith is restored.

They could resign TO or another veteran FA receiver to help the passing game. Then sign Flozell Adams or make a trade for Jared Gaither, pick up a veteran free agent LT, there is still time to make moves. I can only hope this new regime doesn't pull a jauron and go into this season as is. Some moves would at least show me they recognize they have some serious issues at certain positions and will attempt to correct them.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&amp...rc=16&pid=3

Do you guys buy the "rebuilding" line?

You should buy more tissues.

Should the Bills make moves to upgrade the team at Receiver and Left Tackle? Do you guys buy what this new regime is selling, that is another rebuilding season. Rebuilding is what this franchise has been doing for the last decade.

This entire season could depend on what this new GM / FO / HC do in the up coming weeks.

Should the Bill NOT make any trades or free agency moves we can all expect this season to be filled with many losses and many unhappy weekends, it will again suck to be a Bills fan for 2010.

The Bills need to do a few things to make a real run at being competitive this year, calling this year a "rebuilding" year is an excuse for losing! Then they will spew the same garbage jauron spewed at us, even after 4 years of drafting and free agency the team still lacks talent!! I say BS... the team lacked talent in scouting, choosing draft picks, on the sidelines and in play calling / game planning.

I dunno about the rest of you fans but should the Bills call this a rebuilding year and refuse to make any further moves to upgrade the team, then I refuse to support them and will not buy merchandise, game tickets. Sadly for you guys I will still come here and vent 0:)

What I think the Bills should do is...there are still viable options at WR & LT that could perhaps help this team to win games and even sell some tickets once fan faith is restored.

They could resign TO or another veteran FA receiver to help the passing game. Then sign Flozell Adams or make a trade for Jared Gaither, pick up a veteran free agent LT, there is still time to make moves. I can only hope this new regime doesn't pull a jauron and go into this season as is. Some moves would at least show me they recognize they have some serious issues at certain positions and will attempt to correct them.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&amp...rc=16&pid=3

Do you guys buy the "rebuilding" line?

wow. another negative post by wildrabbit. who would have thought?

Personally, I don't think the Bills should make a move at wide reciever. early in the off-season, I wanted us to trade for Boldin. Obviously, that didn't happen. But I feel we will be fine at WR. I realize many here don't think well of Stevie, but I DO. He has looked good at every opportunity he has had and I think he will finally get his chance to show what he is made of. I saw jason peters and freddie jackson start like he did and become great players and I truly believe he will do the same. Will he suck? Possibly. But from what I have seen, I think there is more of a chance that he will be good.

However, there are many other possibilities at WR. Maybe Hardy will step up too. After all, it is his third year. He's been banged up alot. He was a second round pick for a reason but it should (or could) start to come together for him this year. He sure has a good attitude(i'm not gonna bother finding the link). I am not going to count on Easly for anything, but we do have other people who can catch the ball. With some decent coaching, which we can all agree has been lacking as of late, Parrish will find ways to get open. And then we have Nelson the tight end who is like a receiver. And if need be, there is spiller and jackson that can and will catch the ball. Imagine Lynch in the half back position with evans and stevie on the outside and Spiller/Freddie on the inside and Nelson at tight end. To me , that has some potential. So, as far as I am concerned. We are fine at wide receiver.

AND, in no way shape or form do we bring back owens. Don't get me wrong, he was ok last year and he even tutored hardy which was respectable, but he will just set the other guys back and I really want to see what they have given a full season to work.

Now, I do agree we have to do something about left tackle. But if there is no one they like to put there, or the price is too high (trade compensation or player salary), I am ok with waiting till next year. Many here have pointed out that we didn't do much better when Peters was holding the position down. So if Nix/Gailey think the guys they have can hold down the fort, so be it. They are in a much better position to evaluate that than I am. Maybe Bell WILL be the answer. Who knows. But there is a good chance he will improve given another year of work. If not, we make sure we get one next year. If the bills do get a left tackle I would rather it be someone that will be there for a few years other than say , a flozell adams that will be a stop gap for one year. Certainly, if the Bills don't get a LT this year, it's not going to stop me from enjoying watching my team play this year.

Which leads me to the last thing I want to say. Like you said wildrabbit, SADLY you will still come here to vent. You might not spend any money on games or merchandise, but you sure will watch the FREE games on tv of your team that will truly suck. Don't worry, the rest of us will spend our money so you can watch your games for free. Not a problem. And we'll have a blast tailgaiting at the ralph while you're home venting to tsw. your loss.

name='Green Lightning' date='Jun 8 2010, 05:51 PM' post='1878050']

It's hard to rebuild in the NFL.

lol :wacko:

What is hilarious is all the people citing reasons why the Bills will lose all their games this year are citing the same problems we've had the last 3 years, yet we keep winning 6-7 games a year. I'm not saying we are winning a SB this year. I'm saying that we won't be any worse than the last 3 years.

Message to Conch: T.O. may have been our best offensive players statistically, but no one in the NFL wants him now. So how does that make him a big loss to the Bills?

PTR

Yeah, the Bills had plenty of problems last year. And the year before that. And the year before that. That's why Jauron is long gone. And here's what's happened since he was shown the door:

UPGRADE at GM;

UPGRADE at HC, coaching staff, strength and conditioning;

UPGRADE at Offensive Coordinator and QB coach (in Gailey);

UPGRADE IN GENERAL in thinking, attitude and approach on both sides of the ball;

UPGRADE UNDERWAY in scouting department and front office operations;

UPGRADE on defense with change to 3-4;

PLUS the core players from last year have a year's experience under their belts;

And SEVERAL KEY PLAYERS are returning from injury.

Considering the above, and considering Bills were in a position to win in something like 14 games last year going into the 4th quarter, how in the world does a rational person come to the conclusion that the Bills are WORSE this year?

But at this point who is really left, and will we have to gut the team just to get them?

PTR

That's their fault for not moving quicker.

Why did they have to change the defensive formation to a 3-4 and then waste time & money having to go get A.Davis & Edwards??

The remaining unrestricted free agent or waived wide receivers (per KFFL) are:

Marty Booker

Laveraneus Coles (turned Bills down once before)

Kevin Curtis

Muhsin Muhammad

Terrell Owens

Josh Reed

Javon Walker

Kelley Washington

Any of them are worth adding instead of relying on unproven youngsters.

Marcus McNeil San Diego LT still a good possibility as a pick-up

Offensive tackles still available (per KFFL) that are URFA:

Flozell Adams

Shawn Andrews

Jammal Brown

Mike Gandy (he might still be better than anyone we have)

Jon Jansen

Levi Jones (get him and we'd have "a pair of Levis")

Orlando Pace (did he retire?)

Ephraim Salaam

Barry Sims

Ryan Tucker

Langston Walker (see Gandy)

I really think they still should and hope they upgrade at LT, there are still FAs and there will be cuts (maybe big name cuts). Not sure what they are thinking about WR, they may end up feeling we are ok. Who knows? One thing I have noticed during OTAs we haven't heard CB mention Steve Johnson. But everything that we think has to be lead of by one thought.

They haven't started camp yet...........

In a nutshell there is a lot of time and they will deceide to do whatever they think is right. They are the ones making the judgements, not us.

There is no way this team goes backward in 2010. No way.

PTR

I think it's quite possible that we go backwards just because of the new defense. Aaron Schobel might not be coming back and George Edwards could be the worst coordinator we've had in decades. I also believe Dick Jauron's style of playing not to lose makes this team seem more competitive last year than it really was. Some of those 6 wins (Jets) involved just sticking around long enough for the other team to fold.

I do think there is reason for optimism on the offensive side because of Gailey, but 5-11 or worse is VERY much in play this year. I think people should be ready for that.