Greatest TV or Movie Character of Last 20 Years

/dev/null

Wow Chef, I thought you were being a curmudgeon in your posts, I pride myself on keeping up on pop culture simply because it helps me relate to alot of people in a very basic way....then i saw this list and your comments and you and I are almost identical in our "never heard of it's" and "heard of it, never saw it's"....how frigging scary.....although, i would suggest you at least give the gorillaz a chance....they aren't that bad and they are more than an animated band......at least i think some of their stuff is pretty good.

Call me crazy guys. Pop culter sucks, has always sucked. This generation has.......ummmm, I don't know what they have, but we had the Archies.

Hey wait a minute. So what's so scary about you and me agreeing on things? <_<:lol:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i still think you should at least check out gorillaz...kind of Beck-like music....combination of hip-hop and other stuff....may not be your cup of tea, but they do have some good quality to them...plus i am sure you have already heard some of their stuff, unknowingly

Call me crazy guys. Pop culter sucks, has always sucked. This generation has.......ummmm, I don't know what they have, but we had the Archies.

Hey wait a minute. So what's so scary about you and me agreeing on things? <_<:lol:

Maybe because almost every main character (other than the iceberg) was insufferably trite and annoying?

Yeah I agree but the movie's popularity speaks for itself. Someone out there must like Jack and Rose more than Gorillaz the animated rock band. What is that even doing on the list?

10. SpongeBob SquarePants from SpongeBob SquarePants <_<

You have got to be !@#$ing kidding me.

Agreed. Patrick is way funnier.

99. The Bride from Kill Bill - Heard of it never saw it Saw the first one, and it's a very good choice. Maybe too low, even

The first one was OK, not great. I thought the second one was superior in every way; if you haven't seen it yet make it a point to do so. I thought it was hysterically funny.

Yeah I agree but the movie's popularity speaks for itself. Someone out there must like Jack and Rose more than Gorillaz the animated rock band. What is that even doing on the list?

If they really wanted to give Leonardo De Caprio a spot on the top 100, go for Vallon from Gangs of New York, the dual role Louis/Phillipe from Man in the Iron Mask, or Frank from Catch Me If You Can. But not Titanic

Speaking of Gangs of New York, Bill the Butcher belongs up there

If they really wanted to give Leonardo De Caprio a spot on the top 100, go for Vallon from Gangs of New York, the dual role Louis/Phillipe from Man in the Iron Mask, or Frank from Catch Me If You Can. But not Titanic

Speaking of Gangs of New York, Bill the Butcher belongs up there

I can agree with that.

De Caprio has had a ton of better roles but this an Entertainment Weekly list. Obviously TSW isn't going to rate Titanic very well.

hell, gilbert grape is one of the greatest acting performances ever...imho

I can agree with that.

De Caprio has had a ton of better roles but this an Entertainment Weekly list. Obviously TSW isn't going to rate Titanic very well.

I'm curious about one thing. For all the people who aren't too happy with the list (yeah, I'm one too), how do you feel about Homer being #1? I'd say they completely nailed at least that one spot.

hell, gilbert grape is one of the greatest acting performances ever...imho

I can agree with that too.

How about that kid from "Home Alone"?

I'm not saying that kid changed my life but his character is immediately recognized and I think he deserves to be on this list alot more than the guy from some video game.

I'm curious about one thing. For all the people who aren't too happy with the list (yeah, I'm one too), how do you feel about Homer being #1? I'd say they completely nailed at least that one spot.

No complaints here.

Recognizable- check

Longevity- check

Beloved by many- check

Distinguished persona- check

I liked Homer but didn't love him, and I have no problem with the choice.

We're talking about Homer SIMPSON, not Homer of the Iliad and Odyssey. I'm quite sure you have no idea who Homer Simpson is. <_<

Of course I know it's not Homer from Theh Iliad. These were characters from the last 20 years. Duh.

Of course I know it's not Homer from Theh Iliad. These were characters from the last 20 years. Duh.

How about Brad Pitt as Achilles, Sean Bean as Odysseus, Peter O'Toole as the King of Troy, Brian Cox as Agememnon, dude that played Legolas in LoTR as Paris, and hot blonde who's name I forget as Helen of Troy, and some other guy whose name I don't know as Hector?

How about Brad Pitt as Achilles, Sean Bean as Odysseus, Peter O'Toole as the King of Troy, Brian Cox as Agememnon, dude that played Legolas in LoTR as Paris, and hot blonde who's name I forget as Helen of Troy, and some other guy whose name I don't know as Hector?

Diane Kruger is Helen ( <_< ) and I believe Eric Bana is Hector, if I'm not mistaken.

Why? Television sucks and so do movies. I have no desire to watch either of them. Because being aware of Sponge Bob and Buffy are very important things. I have no time for pop trivia.

Well, to each his own. I just like knowing things, no matter how dumb the topic is. I'll make sure to give you a shout out when Spongebob is the correct answer to Final Jeopardy on one of my future appearances. <_<