Greatest TV or Movie Character of Last 20 Years

/dev/null

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10. SpongeBob SquarePants from SpongeBob SquarePants <_<

You have got to be !@#$ing kidding me.

Well, it depends on what the list is measuring. If it's referring to the top 100 in terms of pure influence, then Spongebob is certainly one of the most influential. Absolutely ubiquitous among the kiddie crowd.

10. SpongeBob SquarePants from SpongeBob SquarePants <_<

You have got to be !@#$ing kidding me.

Tony Soprano #4? Behind Buffy and Harry Potter?

No Walter White?

Beavis and Butthead are two characters, not one. Same with Thelma and Louise and Mulder and Scully

Keyser Soze, Tyler Durden, and Eric Cartman are seriously underrated

Care to explain?

Fairly self explanatory, I think. Just look at many of the names below her (Tony Soprano, for Christ's sake. What about Cartman? Kramer? The Dude? Hell, I'd rank Ally McBeal above Buffy.

Buffy was fine, but she was on a show on a very minor network with an audience made up mostly of teenage girls. Buffy was also HUGE among gay males. Not judging, mind you, just sayin'.

Grandpa Simpson or Mr Burns would make more sense at #3 than Buffy, IMO.

The Joker from The Dark Night and Rachael from Friends also were very over-ranked.

Tony Soprano should be #1, or at least #2..."Sopranos" opened the gateway for good, adult, television. Tony Soprano, as played by Gandolfini was one of the most complex, simple, characters ever portrayed.

Fairly self explanatory, I think. Just look at many of the names below her (Tony Soprano, for Christ's sake. What about Cartman? Kramer? The Dude? Hell, I'd rank Ally McBeal above Buffy.

Buffy was fine, but she was on a show on a very minor network with an audience made up mostly of teenage girls. Buffy was also HUGE among gay males. Not judging, mind you, just sayin'.

Grandpa Simpson or Mr Burns would make more sense at #3 than Buffy, IMO.

The Joker from The Dark Night and Rachael from Friends also were very over-ranked.

Ahh as to the first bolded point you made, I suppose the ratings should be the most important criteria. I will remember that for future discussions with you regarding greatest anything, film or television. Clearly Avatar rules them all.

As to the second point, well for my part, Buffy was a great show my ex-wife and I enjoyed together. It had enough of the fantasy/sci-fi element that I liked and appealed to her for other reasons. #3 seems a bit high to be honest, but it is one of my favorite series of all times. The show was funny, had some very dramatic moments, and plenty of good writing.

Hmm, gotta bone up on the pop culture there, Chef. I consider myself a trivia buff and take pride in knowing about things that I don't actually care about...just general awareness.

Why? Television sucks and so do movies. I have no desire to watch either of them. Because being aware of Sponge Bob and Buffy are very important things. I have no time for pop trivia.