Bills still in play for F. Adams?

ESPN insider reports, Bills, Washington, and Denver all thought to be interested in Adams? That thought was confirmed on Friday by Jason La Canfora of NFL.com, who also noted that Adams "continues to talk with several teams." With June mini-camps right around the corner, it wouldn't be surprising for an Adams deal to be sealed in the near future.

I think the more bodies we have to work with the better, I won't mind seeing Adams on the left, with Bell on the right. if Bell is the real deal maybe next year he can be converted to the left side.

thoughts

ESPN insider reports, Bills, Washington, and Denver all thought to be interested in Adams? That thought was confirmed on Friday by Jason La Canfora of NFL.com, who also noted that Adams "continues to talk with several teams." With June mini-camps right around the corner, it wouldn't be surprising for an Adams deal to be sealed in the near future.

I think the more bodies we have to work with the better, I won't mind seeing Adams on the left, with Bell on the right. if Bell is the real deal maybe next year he can be converted to the left side.

thoughts

this is the first hint of adams being connected to the bills since he was cut. i say.. "why not?", like you said, the more the merrier...

From reading the blog, it sounds like Denver is the place.

i am not sure of the level of interest in him as far as the bills braintrust is, but it will obviously boil down to dollars, and if they are equal, it will be denver, as we know. i hope, more than anything else, that this regime restores the bills as an organization that can shake the irrelevancy and return the team's reputation as a desirable place to play, a team that is committed to doing whatever it takes to win.

Chan could have the inside track on Adams since he coached him when he was HC in Dallas.

I think it would be a major upgrade to have a proven vet LT going into the season rather than what we have now....even for just one year.

The Bills' offense doesn't stand a chance to succeed if they can't protect the QB.

I say upgrade the LT and RT spots this year if possible and then this team has a shot to compete.

I we're not confident in already having a good LT on the roster, and we're debating bringing one in from the outside, then I say why go for a guy who is maybe fourth or fifth on the list of possible LT F.A.'s - why not get one of the top two best?

An answer to that would be that the top two would need draft compensation. Yes - but, if you get F. Adams, then you're still going to spend a lot of money, and you're still going to commit a relatively high draft pick in the near future on a starting LT. You probably can't get a starting LT and a franchise QB in one draft - so when we didn't get either this year it was a sign, I thought, that we either had a LT on the roster that Nix and Gailey thought could be pretty good, or that we were going to trade for a guy. Otherwise they're pretty much saying they're going to get both in next year's draft. I'd be much more confident in next years draft if they already had the LT situation figured out, so they could throw whatever was necessary at getting the QB of their choice, and also, you'd think they'd want a starting line to have already gotten familiar with each other so a rookie QB wouldn't be getting killed.

Does F. Adams have two or three years left? If he did, and could play at a high enough level, then I'd be alright with getting him. If it's just a one year stop gap kind of signing, then what? - are we looking at another two years without a starting LT and QB? Just wondering out loud...

I don't know if you have to invest a high pick in a LT, there a handful of guys that were RFA this year that would of been good pick ups, but because they were restricted no one could get to them. I still think you need a soild offensive line to evaluate the talent you have at Qb, RB, WR, TE so you know where your headed in the future. I think this is a rebuilding year, and I think it would be a disaster to go 7-9 or 8-8 and miss out on a high draft pick. If were not going to make the playoff, then we go 2-14 (beat the Pats twice) and then have I 1st choice in the draft to grab a Qb with.

I we're not confident in already having a good LT on the roster, and we're debating bringing one in from the outside, then I say why go for a guy who is maybe fourth or fifth on the list of possible LT F.A.'s - why not get one of the top two best?

Who are you referring to?

Chan could have the inside track on Adams since he coached him when he was HC in Dallas.

I think it would be a major upgrade to have a proven vet LT going into the season rather than what we have now....even for just one year.

The Bills' offense doesn't stand a chance to succeed if they can't protect the QB.

I say upgrade the LT and RT spots this year if possible and then this team has a shot to compete.

he is definatly a huge upgrade in the run game,which would appeal to the bills. however in the pass game i think he would not be a very good option but probably definatly better than bell @ this point since he is still rehabbing!

Very good observation and post! :pirate:

Even if he is washed up, he is an upgrade over garbage, and perhaps could last us a year or 2. A better LT would help both the QB and Spiller.

thoughts

I can't stop b!tching and whining over the fact the Bills ignored the O line until round five.

I would prefer a trade for Brown or Gaither and would take Adams in a heartbeat as an upgrade over Bell, even if its to only to alternate between the two and give both plays.

Adams may or may not have hit that proverbial wall that all vets eventually hit and retire. If I'm Nix it would be worth the investment to help the team win more games this season, unless of course they want to select Jake Locker next season :pirate:

I don't know if you have to invest a high pick in a LT, there a handful of guys that were RFA this year that would of been good pick ups, but because they were restricted no one could get to them. I still think you need a soild offensive line to evaluate the talent you have at Qb, RB, WR, TE so you know where your headed in the future. I think this is a rebuilding year, and I think it would be a disaster to go 7-9 or 8-8 and miss out on a high draft pick. If were not going to make the playoff, then we go 2-14 (beat the Pats twice) and then have I 1st choice in the draft to grab a Qb with.

Going 2-14 this year is the worse thing that could happen to this franchise. Getting a high pick doesn't justify it. We need to improve on last year at a minimum. As Coach Gaily says these players want to win. That is why they are willing to work hard. If they work hard and go 2-14 then what motivation is there for these same players to work hard again next year? The addition of one great player in the top of the first round is not enough motivation. With the new coaching and FO regime we need to start a new climate of winning THIS season. And if we went 6-10 last season with two different HCs, two OCs, a huge injury list, some of the dumbest plays of all time such as the McKelvin fumble, why in the world should we not at least get 7 or 8 wins this year? Switching to the 3-4 should at least improve our run defense a little bit even though it is a totally new defense.