Bills still in play for F. Adams?

ESPN insider reports, Bills, Washington, and Denver all thought to be interested in Adams? That thought was confirmed on Friday by Jason La Canfora of NFL.com, who also noted that Adams "continues to talk with several teams." With June mini-camps right around the corner, it wouldn't be surprising for an Adams deal to be sealed in the near future.

I think the more bodies we have to work with the better, I won't mind seeing Adams on the left, with Bell on the right. if Bell is the real deal maybe next year he can be converted to the left side.

thoughts

Seriously? I think my wife could write a column andlink the Bills to any LT available in the NFL.

Going 2-14 this year is the worse thing that could happen to this franchise. Getting a high pick doesn't justify it. We need to improve on last year at a minimum. As Coach Gaily says these players want to win. That is why they are willing to work hard. If they work hard and go 2-14 then what motivation is there for these same players to work hard again next year? The addition of one great player in the top of the first round is not enough motivation. With the new coaching and FO regime we need to start a new climate of winning THIS season. And if we went 6-10 last season with two different HCs, two OCs, a huge injury list, some of the dumbest plays of all time such as the McKelvin fumble, why in the world should we not at least get 7 or 8 wins this year? Switching to the 3-4 should at least improve our run defense a little bit even though it is a totally new defense.

I agree. I can see waiting until next year to get the QB of your choice - while objectively evaluating what is on the roster this year - as a coach and GM coming in, you can't say or think that you're going to have anything but the Super Bowl in mind for this year. You can rebuild - by drafting players that fit your scheme as you would like to run it - but, you better have a plan to win every game and believe that you can - and I think that was D. Jauron's failure - that he seemed at times to expect to lose against good teams - and they did! So you show toughness, heart, believe in your players and let them play - and if you have to trade a ton to move up and get your QB in the draft next year, then you do whatever you have to. There is no reason our team can't beat anyone - as, I think, our record last year proves. As bad as our coaching was, and our injuries, we still were only a handful of plays away from a wildcard berth.

this is the first hint of adams being connected to the bills since he was cut. i say.. "why not?", like you said, the more the merrier...

I believe the ball is in Adam's court right now....He is trying to work with teams that he thinks have a chance to go deep in the playoffs. The Redskins have very similar problems on their O-Line like us and in Adam's mind that would be a better landing spot with McNabb behind Center. The question is, if the Redskins are willing to pay him what he wants.

I consider this like the QB position. Since the season ended, and with both a coaching staff and a certified QB coach now on the roster, I like the idea of signing a competent and capable veteran while allowing the others to learn and be groomed to take the reins in 1-2 seasons. I personally think that Jeff Garcia was the best candidate.

In regards to our LT position, I think the same thing. Some dirt has come up recently on Gaither (lazy, etc), and I believe that the rumor is Baltimore is asking too much. Flozell Adams is older, but I think signing him (or someone like him) would atleast solidify the position UNTIL either a Bell or a Meredith can take over or Wang develops or we draft a true stud LT. 1-2 seasons is all we are talking about.

I think that it makes sense, as LT is really the only hole IMO on the team that has not had any real improvement or hope.

Going 2-14 this year is the worse thing that could happen to this franchise. Getting a high pick doesn't justify it. We need to improve on last year at a minimum. As Coach Gaily says these players want to win. That is why they are willing to work hard. If they work hard and go 2-14 then what motivation is there for these same players to work hard again next year? The addition of one great player in the top of the first round is not enough motivation. With the new coaching and FO regime we need to start a new climate of winning THIS season. And if we went 6-10 last season with two different HCs, two OCs, a huge injury list, some of the dumbest plays of all time such as the McKelvin fumble, why in the world should we not at least get 7 or 8 wins this year? Switching to the 3-4 should at least improve our run defense a little bit even though it is a totally new defense.

I understand what you saying, but where are you going to find your QB? Not a Qb to make the playoff, but one who wins a superbowl. We should not loss sight on the fact that 2 place still sucks.