Top Posters In This Topic

The Enemy Below Great film about sub warfare

Enemy at the Gates

Gaudicanal diary

In Harms way

Charge of the light brigade

PT 109

Guest Guest_Joe Fergy_*

Here is one that always gets missed and a great one that was over looked..........

Hamberger Hill and the Patriot

Great minds think alike.

140917[/snapback]

That's pretty weird, you and me posting the same movie at exactly the same time at widely different places across the country.

Welcome to the Twilight Zone.

The guy loves war movies, but I'm not sure what to get him.  He's already getting Band of Brothers from his wife.  Are there any good ones that are out?  Any classics that every one likes?

140810[/snapback]

Somebody already mentioned Glory, which I become more convinced is the greatest war film made every time I watch it.

One no one's mentioned is Das Boot. The director's cut, in particular. Very accurate portrayal of life on a German U-boat in WWII.

That's pretty weird, you and me posting the same movie at exactly the same time at widely different places across the country.

Welcome to the Twilight Zone.

140944[/snapback]

It was an easy call for me, as Stanley Kubrick is my all-time favorite director. I have a lot of his movies on DVD, including Paths of Glory.

One no one's mentioned is Das Boot. The director's cut, in particular. Very accurate portrayal of life on a German U-boat in WWII.

140948[/snapback]

Did you ever watch it in German with subtitles?

Somebody already mentioned Glory, which I become more convinced is the greatest war film made every time I watch it.

One no one's mentioned is Das Boot.  The director's cut, in particular.  Very accurate portrayal of life on a German U-boat in WWII.

140948[/snapback]

Whaddya mean no one mentioned Das Boot....I did above...maybe u have me on ignore...