Brian Moorman

How many more good years does he have? I know good punters have played into their 40's. Is it possible that Moorman is a Bill for another complete decade?

Sorry for the dumb post, but I am bored.

It's not a dumb post. However, I heard that John Kidd is being re-signed to challenge Moorman! :thumbsup:

he is a former national champion/world class hurdler. I do belive he beat DeAngelo Hall in the 40 at the pro bowl two years ago as well

Let's have him play opposite Lee Evans. He can't really be much worse than James Hardy or any other stiff they put out there. Plus, we'd have the option of punting on 1st, 2nd, or 3rd downs and avoid those oh so common 3 and outs. :thumbsup:

he is a former national champion/world class hurdler. I do belive he beat DeAngelo Hall in the 40 at the pro bowl two years ago as well

I have no idea why the Bills have not utilized his speed on fake punts now & then. I remember his speed the last time he faked a punt and it was incredible. What was that -- 4 freakin' years ago for cryin' out loud. Look, I get it that you can't fake a punt every game because opponents would be looking for it, but you think maybe 2-3 times per season with a guy like Moorman instead of once every five years!! Just another example of coaches not utilizing talent fully.

Jeff Feagles punted until he retired at 44. Moorman has at least a half dozen more good years. Don't forget, Moorman threw a TD pass out of a fake also. He's more than just a threat to run. He's signed through 2012. I just hope the Bills don't wear him out next year. :thumbsup:

Yes, and Sean Taylor nearly broke him in half.

Speed alone does not an athlete make. To say your punter is one of the best athletes on a football team makes for either a lousy football team, or a half-baked declaration. I'll be going with the latter.

I have no idea why the Bills have not utilized his speed on fake punts now & then. I remember his speed the last time he faked a punt and it was incredible. What was that -- 4 freakin' years ago for cryin' out loud. Look, I get it that you can't fake a punt every game because opponents would be looking for it, but you think maybe 2-3 times per season with a guy like Moorman instead of once every five years!! Just another example of coaches not utilizing talent fully.

He's attempted a fake punt more than once every season.

What better team could Moorman have landed with than the Bills. With a decade of inept offenses he is on the field more than most kickers. Then he gets more tries at fake punts than anyone because of his athleticism and the fact that the coaches have more faith in him to convert fourth downs than our QBs.

He's attempted a fake punt more than once every season.

Well, I don't see all the games, but I do try to listen on the Internet and I do follow the re-caps. Obviously, I've missed it. I only remember his fake pass on a field goal and a very nice fake run about 3-4 years ago. I just do not recall any other attempted fakes. But, I accept that I could be wrong here.

Yes, and Sean Taylor nearly broke him in half.

Speed alone does not an athlete make. To say your punter is one of the best athletes on a football team makes for either a lousy football team, or a half-baked declaration. I'll be going with the latter.

And a punter getting tackled by a pro bowl strong safety doesn't make him less of an athlete either, it just means he's human. Renaldo Nehemiah was a world class athlete who regularly looked lost on an NFL field.

Moorman is a tremendous athlete who was All State in track, basketball, and football.

Let's have him play opposite Lee Evans. He can't really be much worse than James Hardy or any other stiff they put out there. Plus, we'd have the option of punting on 1st, 2nd, or 3rd downs and avoid those oh so common 3 and outs. :worthy:

Hey, maybe we could introduce some rugby-style plays (is that legal?).