Bills are Pathetic

If you're truly DONE, you're not on this board. Look at what these guys are doing and discuss whether it's better than what the other guys did.

That being said, I hope they play their roster and build from within. Whether it be LT or QB, needs are rarely satisfied from other rosters.

Sorry Bills nation but I can't stomach what OBD has been selliing for the last decade. Now I realize that the owners are going to take a hard line with the players and there are business decisions being made here; since all of the RFA's are virtually unsigned and there have been no big money contracts given out to RFA's this year. So I expect a toough labor fight after this season. That being said some of the Buddy Nix Rethoric is pissing me off.

Quotes like "we like Kyle (Williams) a lot at NT"..Come on he could not anchor the nose in our 4-3 defense last year and quite frankly he is NOT a 3-4 nose at all.

OR

At QB or LT "we've got a couple guys we think can play, but we're going to find out"...More BS The Bills don't have a QB or LT on the roster ready to make an impact.

Just once I would like them to turn this place into a bus terminal a la Parcells until we get guys that can play. I know we get get all of these guys but some of the guys on the street or "rumored" to be available include:

Gaither

Vick

Marcus Spears

Adailus Thomas

Matt Roth

D'Qwell Jackson

John Henderson

JaMarcus Russell

Look we need to take a few chances and cut some dead weight to get better. Thomas would be a better OLB than Schobel assuming he plays or Henderson at NT, make some trades.. something better than another 7-9 campaign.

Ok feeling better.

besides gaither all the guys you mentioned are garnering very little interest from any team that IMO speaks volumes. there has to be a reason. the whole NFL is not stupid. besides gaither all the guys you listed are either old or have not played well in years why you would want them is beyond me!

I may not know anything but I do know Kyle Williams is not a 3-4 NT...Plus my point was lack of aggressiveness by the FO. When parcels went to Miami he made a ton of moves to reshape the roster year one. My complaint is that Nix & Co want us to believe that the some players that did not get it done last year will be better in a different scheme. Come Kelsay at OLB...Please

well there you are - finally spot on about something

The fact that you keep changing the players you name shows you lack intelligence .... John Fina errr umm Will Wolford.... purely pathetic.. just go away, if this team isn't meeting your needs I'm sure the *pats* or jets would welcome you aboard.......

Buddy Nix and company are trying to correct years of poor drafts and free agent moves. It won't happen overnight so get over it

exactly - your entire post is 100% correct

Hey Billsfan74. Don't confuse activity with results. Nix is building a football

team, not working to keep you entertained during the off season.

hey not fair - the dude is on a roll - don't confuse him with truth and facts and real football stuff

The only thing you posted are guys with big names. Give Nix a chance. He knows alot more than any of us. You would really want Russel or Vick? Come on man.

I don't really want Russell or Vick, but it obvious we don't have a QB on the roster today that will lead us back to the SB. So what the heck let's find that guy. He might be in next year's draft but we need to be bad enough to get a lottery pick to get him.

hey not fair - the dude is on a roll - don't confuse him with truth and facts and real football stuff

Well what are the facts and the truth? That the new regime is different, in case you have not noticed Modrak still runs the draft process. So why should anybody believe that any of the players selected will have anymore of an impact than Whitner or McCargo?? That other idiot says i hae no idea since I keep changing players that I mention. So what they all are below average players..name one that you can build the franchise around or name the face of the franchise...None.

Yeah, you're right, what was I thinking? BillsFan74 is dead nuts on this! If we can only rally around getting Mike Vick, Marcus Spears and John Henderson, we'll be just fine and the FO will be brilliant and we'll have stuff to post about..........yeah! Now I see clearly.........

And yet here you are... :bag:

:lol:

I have to come to Bills74 defense. I don't totally agree with everything he has said. I won't go into detail about what I didn't agree with because it was pretty much said in the previous post. However, I do strongly agree with the theme of his statement. I am tired of all the Bills fans who believe the same old rhetoric from this oganization for the last ten years. I will not allow myself to believe there lies or unfounded optimism. You can if you want... We have been saying the same things for ten years straight with little or no results. Wake up people! We can't win; better yet compete with no QB, no LT, no RT, and a D line and linebacker crew that is adequate at best. How the hell can you believe we can win 9 or 10 games? I say we win 3 to 5 games and follow that up with several under 500 records for the following seasons. Bills74 sounds like a very frustrated fan (like myself) who will not be fooled again. To think that Chan Gailey is going to lead this team anywhere is another joke. No big name big time coach wanted the daunting task of coaching and living in Buffalo. Hell, the guy (Gailey) couldnt even win in college. The numbers don't lie. Instead you guys want to focus on how he is this offensive guru. He will be fired in three years too just like the previous coaches. Remember all the high hopes we had when they were hired? The sad thing is I will be watching every Bills game and every play defending my team to the non Bills fans. (I live in San Diego) I am just tired of always refering to the 90's Bills. What else can I say? Now, let the hate mail begin.........

I was going to defend Gailey but MarkAF43 did it for me......as to the high hopes for people-what is wrong with high hopes? If the guy sucks up the place, then you can say he sucks. I like the man and what he is doing so far and the things that he says, so I do have high hopes for the man. If we hired a big name guy like Shanahan ,then you'd have high hopes, right? But there is no guarantee he would turn it around. Until gailey proves he is bad, I for one am going to give him the benefit of doubt and give the man a chance to do his job. If after a year with this team it is obvious he sucks, then i will agree with you. Till then, I will keep my hopes high.

:lol:

Have you actually looked at his college record? he was a winning coach, just like he was when in the pros... another moronic poster who can't provide actual facts..... I now fully understand why DC Tom calls people dumb and the like, it is well deserved

Just because Gailey wasn't the biggest name out there doesn't make him a loser

Here, read this

so yea numbers don't lie....

totally agree with you. but it is like talking to a brick wall isn't it?! :lol: He says the numbers don't lie. You show him the numbers and he still doesn't agree with you.

Well what are the facts and the truth? That the new regime is different, in case you have not noticed Modrak still runs the draft process. So why should anybody believe that any of the players selected will have anymore of an impact than Whitner or McCargo?? That other idiot says i hae no idea since I keep changing players that I mention. So what they all are below average players..name one that you can build the franchise around or name the face of the franchise...None.

FACT-There is a new HC and GM. FACT-That's two pretty BIG changes to the regime if you ask me. I know you didn't but we are on a message board. And I am pretty sure Modrak doesn't make the pics so in my eyes there is plenty of reason to believe that the players picked could have a bigger impact than whitner/mccargo. They had a pretty good draft last year, other than Maybin which the jury is still out on. what does that say?

and the FACE of the franchise is now C.J. Spiller!

It's a tough sell that a player that has not played a down in the NFL is the face of the franchise. Don't get me wrong I hope he is, but this could be another luxury pick at a bad time a la Willis McGahee.

Hey Billsfan74. Don't confuse activity with results. Nix is building a football

team, not working to keep you entertained during the off season.

You should not be confused, the NFL is one of the largest Entertainment businesses in the world. If they want to sell me 4 club seats, travel to home games, the NFL ticket to watch them out of market, hats, shirts, jersey's, and all the other BS that goes along with that then yes they need to build a much better on field product..which is usually done in the offseason.

God..... Where to begin in all of this. I don't understand the Bill Parcells genius. I really don't. Yes he helped the Dolphins but anyone could after they drafted Ted Ginn Jr in the first round a year prior. Bill Parcells brought in a few average players to fill in holes in their roster. He made a few trades with Dallas who he is in the process of replacing or has replaced already.

You need to understand that most of the free agents this year are restricted. this means you have to give up draft picks for them. This is something the Bills couldn't afford. Why trade away your draft picks for players you are going to get rid of in a year or 2 anyway? It's self defeating.

Nix has done wonders for the Bills already. it will show up on the field in my opinion. The way they went about FA and the draft is the complete opposite of years past. Let me show you what Nix has done exactly.

1) Signed two FA with 3-4 defense experience at key positions. Meaning the DL and LB core.

2) Drafted Spiller who is a Play maker which the Bills desperately need. He drafted a guy who is most likely a sure fire star in this league. Picking the best player available is very important in the 1st round. You can't reach for LT's or QB's and miss.

3) Drafted for Depth across Both OL and DL. He has guys to replace the current starters in year or so.

4) Drafted for Depth in the Linebackers. More players to replace Kawika and Davis in a year or two.

the single most important thing he has done is create competion across the entire football team. PLayers have to compete for their jobs now.

:bag:

You should not be confused, the NFL is one of the largest Entertainment businesses in the world. If they want to sell me 4 club seats, travel to home games, the NFL ticket to watch them out of market, hats, shirts, jersey's, and all the other BS that goes along with that then yes they need to build a much better on field product..which is usually done in the offseason.

I feel this way as well. But remember, there are a group of fairly significant numbers that are entertained by the Bills regardless of the quality of the on-field product. These self-proclaimed "true fans" will buy everything you mention if the team goes 16-0 or 0-16 ... just as long as they stay in the B-Lo.

True, but that entertainment you speak of is brought about by a team winning, not by making the building process fun for fans who post opinions but don't know jack about how to build a team. Donahoe gave us lots of activity during the offseason but squat results. Nix could care less about fans like you wailing and spitting about getting this guy or that guy.

Nix has forgotton more about football than you or I will learn in our lifetimes. He's building a team to entertain you by winning and not playing patty cake during the offseason to keep you interested. Sit back and enjoy the ride because you have zero input. That said, you can carry on all you want but evoking the names and arguments you originally posted will get you a thread of ridicule like this one everytime.

It's a tough sell that a player that has not played a down in the NFL is the face of the franchise. Don't get me wrong I hope he is, but this could be another luxury pick at a bad time a la Willis McGahee.

Time will tell, you're right. But if college careers indicate anything, McGahee wasn't half the player Spiller is. Even when he was healthy. He was fast but never shifty and certainly wasn't a threat to score everytime he touched the ball. Nor did he show the kind of multi-threat talents that Spiller has in terms of receiving and special teams. It's hard to ignore 50+ TDs in a college career. Especially when you weren't a full time player from day one as a freshman.

And NOBODY had McGahee in their top 5 overall player ratings. He may have been if not injured but we'll never know.

I predict we are going to love Spiller before the season gets too old.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't really want Russell or Vick, but it obvious we don't have a QB on the roster today that will lead us back to the SB. So what the heck let's find that guy. He might be in next year's draft but we need to be bad enough to get a lottery pick to get him.

Our quarterback situation is way beyond pathetic, disgusting and scary to think about but all said and done, I would take all four of them over Jamarcus Russell, any day of the week.

I can't help but to laugh when I read post from all you Bills fans who have such "high expectations" about the Bills future. Several of you guys slam anyone who has anything negative to say about the front office decisions, Bills as an organization, coaches decisions, and player personnel or lack of... Guys, I live in San Diego and I am a avid Bills fan. It is virtually impossible to defend "my Bills" when the San Diego fans mock the Bills. Why? Because this organization is a joke! Almost a fraud! Like the TO signing. What was that all about? Wake the "F" up! Why do we not hold this organization accountable for being one of the worst football organizations in ten years. Now, I know you (Mark) going to talk about our past record and our record isn't close to teams like St Luis, Detriot, Etc. I don't buy it...You can if you want. Instead, you guys talk about how the Bills are on the right path, I like where we are going, I like the coaches attitudes, I like this I like that. You guys have been saying the same old crap for ten years. I know I won't be able to change your minds. I am not trying too. But, don't you get tired of eating and smelling your own poop? I remember the Dick Jauron ban wagoners. He is a defensive guru, I like the way he communicates with his players, etc. The same goes for Malarkey and Donahoe. They are Pittsburg guys and winners. We are on the right path. Isn't that what you thought Mark? Watch and see in 3 years. You guys will be singing the same ole song over and over. For me the song is worn out, outdated, and out of tune...

How can the Bills win with very weak lines on both sides, no QB, very weak WR, subpar linebackers, and a non exisistent pass rush. Not to mention, a new coaching staff and new defensive scheme. I ask how can you be so optimistic about the Bills future???

Positives good running backs, very good secondary, and excellent kickers. You think we can win 10 games on that?

"You can't make shi_ smell like ice cream." How appropriate of a quote is this for the Buffalo Bills? Nevertheless, the sucker in me will defend the Bills, buy the Nfl ticket and watch them play every week. Once again my heart will be ripped to threads holding on to the hope that maybe just maybe one day in my lifetime we can win a superbowl. Is this asking too much from a team that goes way back to the AFL days. I just suppose I'm a pessimistic Bills fan tired of losing and hearing false hopes. If this was a stock I belive all of us would have sold the stock by now.

Let the hate mail begin.

Mike, a Bills realist.

I can't help but to laugh when I read post from all you Bills fans who have such "high expectations" about the Bills future. Several of you guys slam anyone who has anything negative to say about the front office decisions, Bills as an organization, coaches decisions, and player personnel or lack of... Guys, I live in San Diego and I am a avid Bills fan. It is virtually impossible to defend "my Bills" when the San Diego fans mock the Bills. Why? Because this organization is a joke! Almost a fraud! Like the TO signing. What was that all about? Wake the "F" up! Why do we not hold this organization accountable for being one of the worst football organizations in ten years. Now, I know you (Mark) going to talk about our past record and our record isn't close to teams like St Luis, Detriot, Etc. I don't buy it...You can if you want. Instead, you guys talk about how the Bills are on the right path, I like where we are going, I like the coaches attitudes, I like this I like that. You guys have been saying the same old crap for ten years. I know I won't be able to change your minds. I am not trying too. But, don't you get tired of eating and smelling your own poop? I remember the Dick Jauron ban wagoners. He is a defensive guru, I like the way he communicates with his players, etc. The same goes for Malarkey and Donahoe. They are Pittsburg guys and winners. We are on the right path. Isn't that what you thought Mark? Watch and see in 3 years. You guys will be singing the same ole song over and over. For me the song is worn out, outdated, and out of tune...

How can the Bills win with very weak lines on both sides, no QB, very weak WR, subpar linebackers, and a non exisistent pass rush. Not to mention, a new coaching staff and new defensive scheme. I ask how can you be so optimistic about the Bills future???

Positives good running backs, very good secondary, and excellent kickers. You think we can win 10 games on that?

"You can't make shi_ smell like ice cream." How appropriate of a quote is this for the Buffalo Bills? Nevertheless, the sucker in me will defend the Bills, buy the Nfl ticket and watch them play every week. Once again my heart will be ripped to threads holding on to the hope that maybe just maybe one day in my lifetime we can win a superbowl. Is this asking too much from a team that goes way back to the AFL days. I just suppose I'm a pessimistic Bills fan tired of losing and hearing false hopes. If this was a stock I belive all of us would have sold the stock by now.

Let the hate mail begin.

Mike, a Bills realist.

Cool story bro....

What would you suggest we do, then?

the funny thing, is you single me out like I'm the only Bills fan to have optimism that they might be finally turning the corner and heading in the right direction.... that's what the majority of the people who are on this board have.... the belief that things will get better, because the Bills are in our blood..... we cheer and party when we win, and when we don't we B word and complain and drink away our sorrows. This is what is being a Bills fan is about, and realistically, if you have to defend your favorite team to anyone, they aren't in your blood. When people question the fact that I'm a Bills fan, my answer is, " hey it's part of who I am"..... Nothing is wrong with being a realist, but to judge an entirely new regime before they are given an opportunity to put their stamp on this team is very narrow minded... expand a little and give them a chance before you start casting stones their way

To Billsrcursed,

Since you asked...

(1) OWNER

All starts with the owner named Ralph Wilson. He has not been able to or is unwilling to hire a quaility GM since the good ole days of Bill Polian. Most solid teams have high quaility GM. The Bills haven't had one in what 10 years plus. The problem is who wants to come to BUFFALO? Have to pay him a fortune to coach here and Ralph isn't going to do that. He wants to win but he is also a business man.

(2) GM

See above, need GM who can dictate, guide, envision, and unify. Have all personell and coaches on the same page. Look at Bill Bielicheck, Ossie Newsome, and Bill Parchells to name a few. Seems like their organizations are unified, built from the ground up, and have a philosphy/mold of players/belief in winning/ etc... Sounds like STEELER NATION to me. Unlike the Bills...

(3) COACHING

Look at the last two hires. Malarcky and Jauron. Hardly coaching jaurgnots. They have coaching quailities but not head coach material. Greg Williams from the Saints was a perfect example. Second tier coaching hires. Chan Gailey at least has taken a team to the playoffs and has two years of NFL head coaching experience. However, I think I could have coached that Cowboy team to the playoffs. I am not ready to give him too much credit. I actually feel sorry for him. Which leads me to my last point.

(4) PLAYERS

No matter how good a coach is he needs players. Best illustration is a race horse. A race horse can have the finest jockey in the world riding him. The horse will not win even with the finest rider is he is a crappy horse. However, the best horse can win even if he has a mediocore rider. Gailey doesn't have the players. This is not his fault. He will be blamed though. It is the organizatons fault for having no direction, no vision, no plan, no unity, ect...The holes are huge guys. No online, no d line, no pass rush, adequate linebackers, no QB, unproven tight ends, and one wide reciever. We have a strong kicking game, very good running backs and a excellent secondary. Not to mention a new defensive scheme. This all ends up to a very very poor season. Six wins at best or the next 3 years.

The solution is long term 10 years and counting of disjointed poor organizational decisions.

Don't know if I aswered your question.

Mike

the funny thing, is you single me out like I'm the only Bills fan to have optimism that they might be finally turning the corner and heading in the right direction.... that's what the majority of the people who are on this board have.... the belief that things will get better, because the Bills are in our blood..... we cheer and party when we win, and when we don't we B word and complain and drink away our sorrows. This is what is being a Bills fan is about, and realistically, if you have to defend your favorite team to anyone, they aren't in your blood. When people question the fact that I'm a Bills fan, my answer is, " hey it's part of who I am"..... Nothing is wrong with being a realist, but to judge an entirely new regime before they are given an opportunity to put their stamp on this team is very narrow minded... expand a little and give them a chance before you start casting stones their way

I do not agree with everything you said. However, I am not here to fight with you or anyone else. In fact, I very much like the tone of this post because it is not demeaning or insultive. I have looked at my previous post and read what you have and others have said. I do belive I was somewhat unfair to the new regime. Perhaps, my lack of confidence in the organization and lots of built up frustration though the years...

The thing that most bothered me Mark was when you refered to my first post as "moronic." I really felt that was unwarranted and uncalled for. That is why I singled you out and I do apologize for doing so. We have differing opinons but a common desire of wanting "our Bills" to win. So lets agree to disagree and learn from one another. Slinging mud is not productive. GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike in San DIego

Really? What proof do you have?

You are missing my point. The fans don't need to prove themselves, because we do our jobs. We show up for the games, we buy Bills apparel, we do our parts to support the team. The Bills FO has been a total nightmare for a decade now. It's time for them to prove to us they know what they are doing.

I never claimed to know anything about talent evaluation, but I do know there are people on this board that have done a better job at making draft pick selections over the years than the FO has. (This year's FO not withstanding) The current FO is still an unknown, and to date they have done little to prove they are an upgrade. They may change after the season starts, but right now how can you not be numb.

Look I know everybody thinks I am stupid and whining but I'm simply not buying what they are selling. I really don't know if any ufa's or rfa's would improve the team and quite frankly I'm sick of this team needing so much to compete. Until this year I had season tickets since 1998 and this team has not stopped the run since Pat Williams left, has not had a serviceable LT since Fina, QB since Kelly (maybe Flutie or Bledsoe count for a year)...and every year I buy in and support the team so they don't move but I've heard the same Sh*& for too long I just want to see something different. IMO this is not different. I hope all of the rookies turn it around but now this is past pathetic.

Yes

Lets compare two organizations and see what you guys think?

WASHINGTOM vs BUFFALO

WASHINGTON - Hires GM Allen and Coach Shanaham

BUFFALO - Hires GM NIX and Coach Gailey

Washington's major weakneses Left Tackle and QB Drafted Trent Williams and traded for D Mcnabb

Buffalo's major weakneses Left Tackle and QB Drafted Wang and Levi Brown

See where I am going with this.....Hands down Washington becomes a competitor in their division. (Every move they made has been better than ours.) Can we say this about the Bills?

God..... Where to begin in all of this. I don't understand the Bill Parcells genius. I really don't. Yes he helped the Dolphins but anyone could after they drafted Ted Ginn Jr in the first round a year prior. Bill Parcells brought in a few average players to fill in holes in their roster. He made a few trades with Dallas who he is in the process of replacing or has replaced already.

You need to understand that most of the free agents this year are restricted. this means you have to give up draft picks for them. This is something the Bills couldn't afford. Why trade away your draft picks for players you are going to get rid of in a year or 2 anyway? It's self defeating.

Nix has done wonders for the Bills already. it will show up on the field in my opinion. The way they went about FA and the draft is the complete opposite of years past. Let me show you what Nix has done exactly.

1) Signed two FA with 3-4 defense experience at key positions. Meaning the DL and LB core.

2) Drafted Spiller who is a Play maker which the Bills desperately need. He drafted a guy who is most likely a sure fire star in this league. Picking the best player available is very important in the 1st round. You can't reach for LT's or QB's and miss.

3) Drafted for Depth across Both OL and DL. He has guys to replace the current starters in year or so.

4) Drafted for Depth in the Linebackers. More players to replace Kawika and Davis in a year or two.

the single most important thing he has done is create competion across the entire football team. PLayers have to compete for their jobs now.

Real good perspective... Rome wasn't built in a day and if you really look at what has been done you cannot deny that the moves have all been viable. They may not be glamorous news-makers, but they have been steps in the right direction. I for one am optimistic and will reserve my judgment till we have had a chance to see their current strategy play out. I am also not expecting miracles. This is not going to be a one year rags to riches thing. I will be thrilled to see us competitive and would view one more win and a shot at the playoffs as a major step in the right direction. So far what the new regime has done is bring in true hardcore football talent that loves to play the game. They are the kind of guys that can catch other teams off-guard. I hope the new coaching staff has the talent to nurture that into a nice surprize. Time will tell.

Lets compare two organizations and see what you guys think?

WASHINGTOM vs BUFFALO

WASHINGTON - Hires GM Allen and Coach Shanaham

BUFFALO - Hires GM NIX and Coach Gailey

Washington's major weakneses Left Tackle and QB Drafted Trent Williams and traded for D Mcnabb

Buffalo's major weakneses Left Tackle and QB Drafted Wang and Levi Brown

See where I am going with this.....Hands down Washington becomes a competitor in their division. (Every move they made has been better than ours.) Can we say this about the Bills?

Big deal. They do this every off-season. Then they suck. See where I'm going with this...