I Met Trent, Brohm and Levitre

Awesome. He's a good dude. :doh:

GREAT story, but !@#$ Edwards.

Great thread right up to this post... why "fans" feel compelled to root against thier own players is beyond me. I understand this was a meet and greet for backers in NYC. I respect the players for taking personal time to go meet with the fans even though they suffer shots like this.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have an ass backward view on the qb situation. Don't waste your time making assumptions on the qbs based on the past. Let them compete and see which one grabs the mantle. The Bills organization has been in a state of chaos from the inept coaching staff, peculiar personnel decisions to a USFL caliber offensive line. For heavens sake just prior to the beginning of last season the inept HC fired the OC and gave the position to an already inexperienced qb coach who was completely out of his depth. Prior to the season the troglodyte HC decides to go to a no huddle offense. Why? What was the benefit of going to an offense that requires more ability and talent than the talentless Bills had on offense?

Instead of asking me what evidence do I have about Edwards ability to be a starter, why don't you ask yourself what evidence do you have that Brohm or Fitz have to be starters? There are doubts about all three qbs. It is probable that none of the three will be our long term franchise qb. Maybe Levi Brown might be the best prospect in the long run? No one knows for sure.

Let the three qbs compete against one another and see which one prevails. Why prejudge the outcome before they get on the field? There are plenty of qbs who have struggled before things clicked or the situation was conducive to success. Kurt Warner didn't have instant success; neither did Brees, nor did Matt Schaub the qb for Houston; Seattle's Hasselbeck and Green Bay's Rogers and many other qbs.

The Bills over the past decade have been a very BAD franchise. Over the past decade they ranked 29 out of 32. What the Bills can't afford to do more than any other team is close the door on any player at any position. Let the players compete against one another and see who wins the position. This anti-Edwards attitude before he gets on the field this year is not only foolish but also self-defeating.

I have an ass backwards view on the QB situation, yet, you are the one who stated, "What I can say, is that I am completely confident that Trent Edwards is the best QB on this roster." Okaayyy :doh: I used past successes and failures of the QBs on this roster to contradict your statement. The hypocrisy in your post is laughable. You ask me, why prejudge, when I haven't made a judgment about anything! You are the one who stated Trent Edwards is the best QB on the roster. That sir is a judgment. I agree, let the QBs battle it out for the top spot, but to say in complete confidence that [insert QB name here] is the best QB on this roster, is completely asinine. If you believed in a true QB competition, then you should have taken that position in the first place, rather than anointing your chosen QB...

Great thread right up to this post... why "fans" feel compelled to root against thier own players is beyond me. I understand this was a meet and greet for backers in NYC. I respect the players for taking personal time to go meet with the fans even though they suffer shots like this.

agreed...personally I hope Brohm gets the job and if Edwards ever sees the field for us, it's to hand off and kneel down at the end of a win...but I still want him to learn how to be a good QB

I have an ass backwards view on the QB situation, yet, you are the one who stated, "What I can say, is that I am completely confident that Trent Edwards is the best QB on this roster." Okaayyy :doh: I used past successes and failures of the QBs on this roster to contradict your statement. The hypocrisy in your post is laughable. You ask me, why prejudge, when I haven't made a judgment about anything! You are the one who stated Trent Edwards is the best QB on the roster. That sir is a judgment. I agree, let the QBs battle it out for the top spot, but to say in complete confidence that [insert QB name here] is the best QB on this roster, is completely asinine. If you believed in a true QB competition, then you should have taken that position in the first place, rather than anointing your chosen QB...

The three qbs will be competing for the starting position. In my view the coaching staff will fairly quickly designate who the starting qb will be. Many posters have concluded even before the new staff was assembled that Edwards would not seriously be considered based on his prior performances. I don't hold to that view. I am very confident in my opinion that Edwards will win the starting qb position.

Could I be wrong? Yes. Could you be wrong as to who will win out? Yes. The simple solution is to let this competition play out and the qb issue will be answered for everyone. What I disagree with is the total dismisal of Edwards as a credible candidate for the starting job. If Trent Edwards becomes the starting qb a lot of posters will be singing a new tune about the stunning turnaround of a once downtrodden qb. What a lot of people forget is that during the prior number of years the Bills coaching staff, OL and offensive system was amateurish. No one could succeed under such absurd circumstances.

We can go back and forth on this issue. It is futile. Soon things will play out and we all will know how the qb situation, at least for this year, will end up. It may irritate you and others but I am confident in how the outcome will turn out. If it turns out differently then I will be supportive of whoever the qb is.

I have faith in Gailey's judgment about the starting QB. If he and his staff believe TE is the guy, then they're seeing something a lot of people around here don't. But then, they're far more skilled at that then any of us. So if they say he's the one, then I will support that. Same for Brohm or Fitz or Brown or anyone else they put on the field.

I suspect whomever is out there will be on a fairly short leash. If it's TE out there and he begins reverting to his Captain Checkdown persona, I don't think Gailey will dither about replacing him.

SWEET!!! Grats...wish it could have been me!

Geez...Brohm actually was more interested in talking to a hot chick than in talking with a beastmode fan? He sounds like he might have what it takes to be quarterback next year!! :w00t: Actually I'm not surprised that TE (and any other Buffalo qb who values his life) would be excited about something being done to correct that TACKLE problem that we have. Chan and Buddy...are you friggin listening?

Trent Edwards regardless of how some folks want to perceive him is our biggest, strongest most athletic QB on the roster.

Still showing your boy the love I see. He sucks! When we didn't draft a QB until round 7 and no FA's I knew this season would be rough to watch Captain Checkdown some more. Without a left tackle he won't last one half.

The three qbs will be competing for the starting position. In my view the coaching staff will fairly quickly designate who the starting qb will be. Many posters have concluded even before the new staff was assembled that Edwards would not seriously be considered based on his prior performances. I don't hold to that view. I am very confident in my opinion that Edwards will win the starting qb position.

Could I be wrong? Yes. Could you be wrong as to who will win out? Yes. The simple solution is to let this competition play out and the qb issue will be answered for everyone. What I disagree with is the total dismisal of Edwards as a credible candidate for the starting job. If Trent Edwards becomes the starting qb a lot of posters will be singing a new tune about the stunning turnaround of a once downtrodden qb. What a lot of people forget is that during the prior number of years the Bills coaching staff, OL and offensive system was amateurish. No one could succeed under such absurd circumstances.

We can go back and forth on this issue. It is futile. Soon things will play out and we all will know how the qb situation, at least for this year, will end up. It may irritate you and others but I am confident in how the outcome will turn out. If it turns out differently then I will be supportive of whoever the qb is.

The competetion is between Mo-Curley-Larry. It doesn't really matter.

The competetion is between Mo-Curley-Larry. It doesn't really matter.

You go with what you got. If it doesn't work out then you go out and find another option. All the required bricks were not going to be added in one year. Just keep adding on and moving forward. Sometimes there are some positive surprises and sometimes there are some negative surprises. Just keep moving forward. What more can one say?