OT - English grammer lesson

aussiew

Kind of like "why don't you f-cking blow me" for "oh, thanks, I get it now"?

140123[/snapback]

now that made me laugh out loud.

I also can't stand when people type "u" for "you". Like you're really saving energy by leaving out two letters? And they're all near each other on the keyboard.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst is when someone tries to correct someone else, and they spell grammar as "grammer" in the subject line. Well, ok it's not the WORST... Its not quite as bad as crabs in your mustache but I just thought I'd point that out.

The worst is when someone tries to correct someone else, and they spell grammar as "grammer" in the subject line.  Well, ok it's not the WORST...  Just thought I'd point that out.

Especially when someone named 'Assquatch' points it out! :doh:

The worst is when someone tries to correct someone else, and they spell grammar as "grammer" in the subject line.  Well, ok it's not the WORST...  Just thought I'd point that out.

140277[/snapback]

Ya beet me two it.

Aussiew: than for then drives me to distraction - not to mention to for too.

We need not discuss the case of a pronoun in a subordinate clause, nor the agreement of said pronoun with it's antecedent.

The agreement of a verb with it's subject died years ago... :doh:

140175[/snapback]

Didn't you hear? President Bush cancelled noun-verb agreement.

It's a joke, kids. This guy picks on the left and right...

Oh, and stevestojan, that was a funny response...

Reminds me of a Freudian slip I had a while back. My wife and I were eating dinner and I meant to say "Please pass the salt," but what I really said was "You stupid b*tch. You ruined my life." Isn't psychology funny?

Kidding, kidding... ;):lol:;) I love my wife....and she doesn't read the board so I'm not "just saying that!"

My pet peeve is when trolls come on the board and say "Your gonna loose" and things of that nature.

140421[/snapback]

Your gonna loose...*insert team name here* isthe best!!!11!1!1!!1

LOLOLOL

Reminds me of a Freudian slip I had a while back. My wife and I were eating dinner and I meant to say "Please pass the salt," but what I really said was "You stupid b*tch. You ruined my life." Isn't psychology funny?

-----------------------

I saw this in a stand up act......but I can't remember who it was....maybe George Carlin

-----------------------

I saw this in a stand up act......but I can't remember who it was....maybe George Carlin

140822[/snapback]

I heard it ages ago and it stuck. I just copied and pasted (and slightly adapted) from the first hit I got on it from a GG Tool search.

Edit: Doing a more exhaustive search (first inserting Carlin, then thinking it could have been Kinison), I came up with a father/son version related by Jonathan Katz.

Edited by Dan Gross

The worst is when someone tries to correct someone else, and they spell grammar as "grammer" in the subject line.  Well, ok it's not the WORST...  Its not quite as bad as crabs in your mustache but I just thought I'd point that out.

140277[/snapback]

:P:ph34r::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Nice catch!