12 year old performs Lady Gaga "Paparazzi"

Nice job for a 12-year old kid with no voice training (from what I understand).

Crappy song, no doubt. But a good performance. Needs to polish up the piano work a little, though.

The kid has some chops! Good stuff. Even has a couple songs he wrote himself on youtube...almost like a little Billy Joel.

Really? I can't stand that horse-faced freak...but even I have to admit that she's not talentless as a singer/songwriter.

As a performer, on the other hand. :unsure:

I was going to post this. You have to give her props for her talent in her specialty. Writing a song, even a lowly pop song, that sells millions of records, takes talent. Otherwise everyone would (be able to) do it. And unlike most other pop stars, she can't rely on her looks to be popular. Can't say I've seen her perform, though.

I was going to post this. You have to give her props for her talent in her specialty. Writing a song, even a lowly pop song, that sells millions of records, takes talent. Otherwise everyone would (be able to) do it. And unlike most other pop stars, she can't rely on her looks to be popular. Can't say I've seen her perform, though.

More than that...she's been writing and performing he own stuff since she was a teenager, she's got her own musical style that's not quite pop (borrows quite a bit from the techno scene, at least), and beyond that she actually has some real musical knowledge (the harmonies in "Papparazzi" are rather sophisticated for a pop song). The style isn't even remotely my thing...but I've got to admit she's not a talentless ho like Brittany Spears.

As for her performance...just look at her costumes. The girl goes specifically for spectacle. She reminds me of Prince in a way - like or hate him, he's a talented musician who combines it with a showman's sense of presentation.

Fixed.

:unsure: Come on, dude...can't you picture a 12 year old Billy Joel writing some songs like that about his first crush?

More than that...she's been writing and performing he own stuff since she was a teenager, she's got her own musical style that's not quite pop (borrows quite a bit from the techno scene, at least), and beyond that she actually has some real musical knowledge (the harmonies in "Papparazzi" are rather sophisticated for a pop song). The style isn't even remotely my thing...but I've got to admit she's not a talentless ho like Brittany Spears.

For me, if a song sounds good, I'll like. It doesn't matter who the artist is or what genre it is. There are some Britney songs I like, but I realize that she's got a look that sells and has people writing her songs for her. An artist that can write his/her own songs has major talent. Otherwise it's someone with a (halfway) decent voice singing someone else's stuff. But even still, there's some talent in that.

As for her performance...just look at her costumes. The girl goes specifically for spectacle. She reminds me of Prince in a way - like or hate him, he's a talented musician who combines it with a showman's sense of presentation.

As you probably know, she gets her stage name from the Queen song "Radio Gaga." So it's not surprising she goes for the spectacle/theatrics. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if she knows her aesthetic limitations and wears those crazy outfits to distract people from her face.

Sacrilege.... :doh:

Wardrobes and videos < musical talent

while im not quite ready to directly compare her to such a musical God as Prince, I will admit that she is much closer to him than she is to Britney, Xtina, etc.

at least lady g can play instruments and write her own songs. that is a major point when looking at pop stars. do they/can they write their own songs? or do they just show up at a studio and their label has already paid someone for the songs?

she makes great 4/4 techno beats, with good production, that are really catchy. its hard to not like her stuff.

her schtick is sorta... well, whatever. shes doing basic pop under the guise of high fashion/high art, which gives people who are embarrassed to admit that they enjoy cheesy pop music permission to celebrate her without feeling bad about it because there is "more to it".

i'd gladly trade all of the KeShas and Jessica Simpsons and Britneys for pop acts with actual musical talent any day.

while im not quite ready to directly compare her to such a musical God as Prince, I will admit that she is much closer to him than she is to Britney, Xtina, etc.

at least lady g can play instruments and write her own songs. that is a major point when looking at pop stars. do they/can they write their own songs? or do they just show up at a studio and their label has already paid someone for the songs?

she makes great 4/4 techno beats, with good production, that are really catchy. its hard to not like her stuff.

her schtick is sorta... well, whatever. shes doing basic pop under the guise of high fashion/high art, which gives people who are embarrassed to admit that they enjoy cheesy pop music permission to celebrate her without feeling bad about it because there is "more to it".

i'd gladly trade all of the KeShas and Jessica Simpsons and Britneys for pop acts with actual musical talent any day.

I don't really listen to the radio much (had sirius, even dumped that). But this weekend we drove to my parents house and I forgot the ipod and I had to listen to radio. By the end of the 5 hour drive and having heard about 3 or 4 of this chicks "songs", I was ready to shoot myslef.

Honestly, I find it hard to believe anyone could actually like her "stuff". Not to mention all the other pop/hip hop/rap crap that spews over the airwaves. Holy hell its horrible.