actual positive news from mort!

mortreport RT @Jfalse33: @mortreport I think that the Bills are going to surprise, especially in the AFC East. > They'll be better but so is division about 5 hours ago

Either Mort hit his head or aliens have taken control of his mind. :doh:

when anybody from espn says anything remotely positive about the bills, it does make you wonder if the END is truly here. cannot believe it is mort. when i saw it, just thought he had absolutely nothing he could tweet about, so he made something up.

He's right.

Think about it: How bad was our team from a talent level last year? How many injuries did we have? How bad was the coaching (case in point, fire the OC in pre-season, no QB coach because he was the OC), terrible defensive scheme.

We have a new defense this year, but we also have some better playmakers on defense. McKelvin is healthy and adds to the stregth of our team (secondary). We have a solid vet ILB in Davis, a solid 3-4 end in Edwards, so good looking draft picks to play NT, DE, OLB, ILB.

On offense we have a premier playmaker in Spiller and a good offensive minded head coach and coaching staff to prepare the guys to play to their abilities.

I'm not saying we make the playoffs, but we will be more competitive. If we can add Gaither and Wood is healthy, our offense will be much, much better.

I think the Bills will be more competitive game in and game out this year, whether that leads to more wins overall, tough to predict. Hopefully with the new strength and conditioning coaches we will remain healthier this year and that will automatically make us a better team. I think we are going to play a lot of youngsters this year and they are going to go through some growing pains but it will make them better players for the long haul. I'm not entirely sold on the Jets or the Dolphins; the Patriots are going to be tough no matter what but they are in a bit of a rebuild mode right now as well.

He's right.

Think about it: How bad was our team from a talent level last year? How many injuries did we have? How bad was the coaching (case in point, fire the OC in pre-season, no QB coach because he was the OC), terrible defensive scheme.

We have a new defense this year, but we also have some better playmakers on defense. McKelvin is healthy and adds to the stregth of our team (secondary). We have a solid vet ILB in Davis, a solid 3-4 end in Edwards, so good looking draft picks to play NT, DE, OLB, ILB.

On offense we have a premier playmaker in Spiller and a good offensive minded head coach and coaching staff to prepare the guys to play to their abilities.

I'm not saying we make the playoffs, but we will be more competitive. If we can add Gaither and Wood is healthy, our offense will be much, much better.

I would like to add my input so here it goes....

Read the quoted above. Man i made some good points...

mortreport RT @Jfalse33: @mortreport I think that the Bills are going to surprise, especially in the AFC East. > They'll be better but so is division about 5 hours ago

I thought there was some kind of news. Mort's opinion adds up to what exactly?

Someone call 911, I think Mort is being held hostage in his own home. Either that or Tom Donahoe was rehired by Ralph Wilson in some capacity larger than Russ Brandon.

Because the Bills have been so bad (more F.O. & coaching than players, I think), they are written off every year at this time, and will be until we prove we're legitimate. I think that's the impression that Ralph has given since he fired Donahoe - is that the old man has lost his senses and the team has developed an Oakland Raiders like reputation. Buddy will prove to be a competent GM, I think, and seems to have hired a respected eventual replacement. Gailey is legitimate. This team will be a well coached, good team that won't be an easy victory anymore. We're still a few offseasons away from being complete, but we're finally back to being sound... how far that'll take us we'll have to wait to see.