A No-Brainer

Can someone tell me why the Bills have not traded Marshawn Lynch straight up for Jared Gaither? That trade would definitely make the Bills much more competitive in the ever-dominating AFC East. Give the Ravens another scrub RB to couple with McGahee. :thumbsup:

personally I don't understand why we haven't traded Lynch for Peyton Manning straight up

Probably some combination of Ralph's Too Cheap, Nix's Too Hillbilly, and Gailey's Too Washed Up. That's the answer to any question about team choices, around here.

Can someone tell me why the Bills have not traded Marshawn Lynch straight up for Jared Gaither? That trade would definitely make the Bills much more competitive in the ever-dominating AFC East. Give the Ravens another scrub RB to couple with McGahee. :thumbsup:

I don't know that's a good question. All I can think of is that it would be a really, really stupid trade for them.

Uh, because the Ravens need another RB about as badly as we need another DB.

Probably some combination of Ralph's Too Cheap, Nix's Too Hillbilly, and Gailey's Too Washed Up. That's the answer to any question about team choices, around here.

We should be Bills execs...couldn't do any worse for sure!

To be fair....I think the OP thinks it is a no brainer because we have a mulitude of running backs including the one we signed today that returned kicks for the colts last year......

BUT

What was not thought out was whether or not the Ravens actually need another Running back....which I dont think they do. And the the only reason whey they do that swap is if they needed a starter.

Funny....Marshawn at Peyton's level?....Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...don't see it :thumbsup:

It's called sarcasm. Your proposed trade of Lynch for Gaither is extremely lop sided. Gaither's value is much, much higher than Lynch's.

<_<

The exact reason hasn't been disclosed, but if you were to rationalize some of the potential reasons these may be included:

1. Baltimore may feel that Gaither is worth more than just Lynch and want an additional pick in the draft with Lynch.

2. Baltimore may not want Lynch at all, especially after trading with us for our last featured back: McGahee

3. Gaither may have made it known that he will not extend his contract if Buffalo trades for him making a trade less

desirable to Buffalo.

4. Baltimore may want to keep Gaither.

5. Gaither may have a real injury even though it's being portrayed as minor in nature. That could also lessen what Buffalo

is willing to give up to get him.

6. Baltimore just switched him to right tackle recently and a right tackle does not have the same earning power as a LT.

Buffalo may try to pay Gaither right tackle money which Gaither's agent would probably try to discourage a deal to the

Bills in that event.

7. There may be other interested teams, and Baltimore may be holding out and stalling to see if they can up the ante and

get a bit more for Gaither's services..

I am sure there are other scenarios as well....

The exact reason hasn't been disclosed, but if you were to rationalize some of the potential reasons these may be included:

1. Baltimore may feel that Gaither is worth more than just Lynch and want an additional pick in the draft with Lynch.

2. Baltimore may not want Lynch at all, especially after trading with us for our last featured back: McGahee

3. Gaither may have made it known that he will not extend his contract if Buffalo trades for him making a trade less

desirable to Buffalo.

4. Baltimore may want to keep Gaither.

5. Gaither may have a real injury even though it's being portrayed as minor in nature. That could also lessen what Buffalo

is willing to give up to get him.

6. Baltimore just switched him to right tackle recently and a right tackle does not have the same earning power as a LT.

Buffalo may try to pay Gaither right tackle money which Gaither's agent would probably try to discourage a deal to the

Bills in that event.

7. There may be other interested teams, and Baltimore may be holding out and stalling to see if they can up the ante and

get a bit more for Gaither's services..

I am sure there are other scenarios as well....

Thank you Tony! Needed some scenarios as to why I am crazy!