Levi Brown

Just saw an interview with Brown on WKBW-TV - nice kid, handles himself well with the media - FWIW, they say he's "all but assured" a spot on the roster.

As TIPS has stated many times now, on September 12th the pecking order will be...

Brian Brohm - Starting QB

Bad Bad Levi Brown - #2

Ryan Fitzpatrick - Clipboard/#3

Trent Edwards - Marketing Intern at Synopsys

19 and 0 baby!!! <_<

GO BILLSSS!!!!

IN CHAN WE TRUST!!!!! :thumbsup:

I agree with that. Fans think because of where Brown was picked he won't amount to much. For those I say go back and listen to the post draft PC and hear HOW they talk about him. Just listening to them it seems he is more than just a future backup to them.

As for as what I have seen so far in clips, I really like his throwing motion. Holds the ball high on the drop, elbow up, snaps the arm through.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with that. Fans think because of where Brown was picked he won't amount to much. For those I say go back and listen to the post draft PC and hear HOW they talk about him. Just listening to them it seems he is more than just a future backup to them.

As for as what I have seen so far in clips, I really like his throwing motion. Holds the ball high on the drop, elbow up, snaps the arm through.

Great! Something positive....

His throwing motion does appear to be both more natural than Edwards' and seems to have a stronger arm, at least from the vids I've seen on him so far.

Great! Something positive....

His throwing motion does appear to be both more natural than Edwards' and seems to have a stronger arm, at least from the vids I've seen on him so far.

Lots of short passes in those video clips....... :thumbsup:

Why is the likelihood of Brohm being named starter low? He's shown just as much as Trent or Fitzpatrick. The only QB the current coach has anything invested in is Brown since they just drafted him. Anytime Gailey talks about the QB spot he stresses the open competition. It's just as likely for Brohm to be named starter, as it is Edwards or Fitzpatrick. All 3 have strong points and weak points. A lot depends on how well Edwards and Fitzpatrick have corrected their deficiencies from last year, and if Brohm shows anything.

How has Brohm shown "as much as Trent or Fitzpatrick"?? They have both started and won actual, real live NFL games. All Brohm has done is managed to get demoted to GB's practice squad.

I am hoping we get lucky with Levi but even if that happens, it won't be until next year.

What old ways? Sucking, always hurt, too scared to throw with anticipation? Nothing has changed for captain checkdown since college. There is nothing to 'get back' he has always sucked.

+1

Trent Edwards - Marketing Intern at Synopsys

LMAO!!

He probably wouldn't be able to make decisions on his own there either.

Do the math. They are not going to carry 4 QBs.

The likelihood that Brohm is named starter on opening day is very low. So it's either TE or Fitz. If it's TE, no way they let Fitz goa and have Brohm and Brown as the backups. Fitz is a solid backup---crucial in this league. You can't let him go.

That leaves Brown as the obvious man out. He had one good year in a bush conference. I have to believe Brohm is better.

Your "math" is likely correct, but Brown will make the roster as the #3. I don't care where they picked him -- it's obvious the organization likes him and they're not going to risk losing him on the PS unless he's a complete turd during camp and preseason.

I share your sentiments with respect to Fitz and still like him as the primary backup. He's a smart guy, has some skill, doesn't rock the boat, and he can keep things together even if he's unspectacular. Perfect backup material. IMO, he's in the strongest position of any QB on the roster.

That means, then, either Edwards or Brohm will be packing groceries by the end of August. What's funnier, though, is that one of them will also likely be the Bills' starting QB on opening day.

Such is the state of affairs at the QB position in Orchard Park.

Posts like this are the reason why you have zero credibility and why everyone on this forum thinks you are really dumb.

You know who has zero credibility? Trent Edwards

God forbid anyone states the obvious, he is a bad decision maker, I have watched him as you have. I guess we are just not seeing the same player. IMO he is terrible.

How has Brohm shown "as much as Trent or Fitzpatrick"?? They have both started and won actual, real live NFL games. All Brohm has done is managed to get demoted to GB's practice squad.

I am hoping we get lucky with Levi but even if that happens, it won't be until next year.

Surprised you are the only one who picked up on this incredibly silly claim.

The math is that Brown is at-worst the 3rd QB. Who among the other 3 gets cut remains to be seen.

You can tell that Brown, right now, is as least as good as Brohm (a guy you were screaming for last season) and perhaps Fitz and TE?

It's hard not to like the kid. It takes some big stones to transfer from a I-AA school to I-A, when you weren't even the starter at your first school. Sounds like he has a lot of confidence and knew his only chance at playing football for a living was to make something happen.

You know, in his interview, his style of speaking, even the way he looks, he reminds me of a young Jim Kelly. I know it's a long way from here to there, but hey, it's a time of unlimited hope and forgetfullness, right?

thanks darth. You're always right on cue. We all know you think Trent sucks. Watch some tape and you'll see that he can play when he has time. Last year he had no time and Alex didn't exactly know how to break down a defense. Knowing you're going to have to run for your life or get killed can hurt a qb's psyche too. Hell, YouTube Trent highlights and you'll see him throw some bombs when he actually had time. He's not the "kitty" you think he is because he can't throw a bomb every play when he's on his back.

Just save the time Byrd man and use the ignore feature. Makes the board a whole lot easier to read....

Trent was awful last year, but I just love how the hate is directed at him instead of our front office.

We had a guy who looked like he could be a decent starting NFL quarterback and decided to cut our starting LG, trade our Pro Bowl LT with no Plan B in place, blow up the right side of our line, "upgrade" at C by getting the cheapest guy available who was so good in Carolina they used a 2nd on Ryan Kalil, and then cut our LT after the start of the season because Ralph wasn't paying a back-up $3 m per year because Lord knows you don't need depth in the NFL. We decided to add a degree of difficulty to this by trying to run a no-huddle, fired our offensive coordinator, elevated the QB coach to become a first-time coordinator and then, of course, never filled the QB coach position so Trent had to deal with all of this with no position coach.

Yep, what we need is a new QB.

YEH! What he said....

All we are saying is....give Trent a chance.

Trent was awful last year, but I just love how the hate is directed at him instead of our front office.

We had a guy who looked like he could be a decent starting NFL quarterback and decided to cut our starting LG, trade our Pro Bowl LT with no Plan B in place, blow up the right side of our line, "upgrade" at C by getting the cheapest guy available who was so good in Carolina they used a 2nd on Ryan Kalil, and then cut our LT after the start of the season because Ralph wasn't paying a back-up $3 m per year because Lord knows you don't need depth in the NFL. We decided to add a degree of difficulty to this by trying to run a no-huddle, fired our offensive coordinator, elevated the QB coach to become a first-time coordinator and then, of course, never filled the QB coach position so Trent had to deal with all of this with no position coach.

Yep, what we need is a new QB.

If there's one thing you can count on from Bills' fans, it's an uncanny ability to offer up excuses for their failed favorites at the QB position. Collins, Johnson, Flutie, Bledsoe, Losman, Edwards.

I'm not saying what's written above isn't accurate...I'm just sayin'... :rolleyes:

Surprised you are the only one who picked up on this incredibly silly claim.

You can tell that Brown, right now, is as least as good as Brohm (a guy you were screaming for last season) and perhaps Fitz and TE?

No, but what I can see is that Nix and Gailey drafted him, whereas they inherited Edwards, Fitz, and Brohm.

So they would keep him just becuase they drafted him?

No they will keep him because they like what he brings to the table and they want to develop him, it makes no sense to draft a guy you want to develop, then cut him.

No they will keep him because they like what he brings to the table and they want to develop him, it makes no sense to draft a guy you want to develop, then cut him.

Even if you think the other 3 QBs are better?