Bills make front page....Yahoo! Search Engine

No offense to Wang, but all of the stories surrounding him are getting old already. Maybe I'll care a tiny bit if he can play... But probably not. It's not every day that 5th round picks become franchise left tackles so I think it's time for everyone to hold their horses

No offense to Wang, but all of the stories surrounding him are getting old already. Maybe I'll care a tiny bit if he can play... But probably not. It's not every day that 5th round picks become franchise left tackles so I think it's time for everyone to hold their horses

Like it or not, it's a big story. And it's not as if the kid played for Podunk U. VA Tech is a legitimate BCS power, and he started at LT.

Reading this board, at times you'd think the ONLY players who have a chance to be successful are 1st or 2nd rounders -- and then only if OTHER teams drafted them.

Isn't that when Jared Gaither was selected by the Ravens.. and now we hope he becomes our franchise LT?

Can Wang speak any of the Chinese dialects? It would help his marketability over there immensely if he does.

i'm told he's fluent in Mandarin. (shoulda put it in the story, but the piece was getting a little long already.) he's traveled with his parents to China several times.

jw

what knocks me out is the amount of replies -- and how brutally ignorant some of them are -- that this story's generated.

wow.

jw

John, don't sweat it. Just go stand out by the front door and light up to take the edge off. :sick:

Like it or not, it's a big story. And it's not as if the kid played for Podunk U. VA Tech is a legitimate BCS power, and he started at LT.

Reading this board, at times you'd think the ONLY players who have a chance to be successful are 1st or 2nd rounders -- and then only if OTHER teams drafted them.

+1

Of course the opposite is true as well. Reading this board, at times you'd think every player drafted by the Bills is diamond in the ruff that is going to break out and be our answer for years to come.

I don't claim to know much about Wang, but I have tried to watch every clip of him that I can find, and I haven't been very impressed. Game clips can't tell you much, but since all I have at the moment I don't have high hopes.

... Jared Gaither... 5th round 2007

Nice Read.. JW