Peter King: Strip Cushing, Give Byrd Defensive Rookie of the Year?

I lost my tally sheet, but I think your right. We hate Peter King.....but we like this idea, despite it coming for Peter King, so the idea overshadows the man. That work?

Shhhhhhhhh Lori is gonna get you. :sick:

What confused me about the report is if he was positive in September, how did he play with his appeal not coming til February.

I dont get the 6 month wait without appeal or suspension, unless I was misreading the context and the appeal took place in september and lasted until february to be completed, and the news is just now getting out?

My guess would be that they didn't know what he was taking. The test probably showed elevated levels of testosterone in his system, indicating the use of illegal steroids. But there are masking agents sold in retail stores that will produce high levels of testosterone and are not on the NFL's list of PEDS simply for the fact that the product is new and they are not aware of it yet. This was the problem with Andro. Athletes were taking it because it was legal and sold over the counter. Eventually, the FDA did a thorough investigation and classified it as a steroid. It was then taken off the shelfs and no longer sold in stores. The makers of Andro brought it back awhile later under a different name, AD1. AD1 was sold in stores for quite awhile before it too was classified as a steroid. There is a product in stores now call 4ad. If you google it you will see a disclaimer in the description that says *THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT MIGHT CAUSE A POSITIVE URINE TEST SHOWING ELEVATED TESTOSTERONE LEVELS. These products continue to get banned only to come back later under a different name. This is probably why Cushing is appealing. In his defense he could say he bought it over the counter and did not know he was taking steroids.

Wait, I thought we hated Peter King...according to Bullpen's list of hatred. Something positive from King? Is this allowed on this board?

:)

Yup. :-) He said something positive about the Bills so that means he's the best writer out there for six months or so.

Actually, no matter what he says, he's one of the best week in and week out.

Oh, and the AP has announced there will be a re-vote. Cushing will still be a candidate in this vote, but he's likely to lose a lot of votes, for very good and obvious reasons. IMHO that makes it a race between Orakpo and Byrd.

We know. Your point?

OP was discussing stripping Cushing of his DROY award, not his suspension (which is old news).

Where did you get your sn? the horror. "Here they come, as thick as grass and as black as hell." We need to give a good Isandlwana shellacking to the pats, fish and jests. I don't mean to be a butt one bit. You just have a good sn.

The latest on Cushing's positive test. According to Schefter:

Here it is: Brian Cushing tested positive for slightly elevated levels of hCG (a non-steroidal substance produced naturally by the body).

More hCG: it is in seminal fluid and slightly elevated levels can be discovered in the event that a test occurs soon after ejaculation.

However, what Schefter has failed to mention is that hCG is often used at the end of steroid cycles to return testosterone to the body.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_chorion...steroid_adjunct

EDIT: He just mentioned it on his latest tweet about how hCG is often found in steroid abusers.

hCG can be produced naturally; however it is also on banned lists 'cause it is known agent during steroid cycling.

In King's Tuesday column he welcomes the re-vote but then goes on to say that he is leaning toward Clay Matthews.....

Only in Buffalo could a guy finish second in ROY voting, then there's a re-vote due to possible cheating on the part of the winner and our guy actually DROPS in the standings......

In King's Tuesday column he welcomes the re-vote but then goes on to say that he is leaning toward Clay Matthews.....

Only in Buffalo could a guy finish second in ROY voting, then there's a re-vote due to possible cheating on the part of the winner and our guy actually DROPS in the standings......

Which is further evidence of why the board hates King.