Levi Brown will be great

Sorry man, my bad. What was I thinking?

Actually I'm thinking much more clearly than anyone that thinks that any GM or Coach in a situation like the Bills have been in the last 10 years, would wait until the 7th round to pick a QB that they thought had a real chance to start in the future for their currently pathetic team.

You disagree? Would YOU do that? You wouldn't even spend a 5th round pick on the guy you have hopes to be your future starter, and your team's QB's have blown for 10 years?

Really, I would like to hear a logical answer to that.

Sure the Patriots might have looked at the board and noticed that Brady was still around, and taken a flyer on him (that's what you do with your 6th, 7th round QB picks), but they likely thought that he MIGHT make a nice BACKUP QB someday, because he had some of the qualities that they wanted in a QB (tall, good leadership). THEY GOT REAL LUCKY.

These Bills are a whole 'nother story.

If the Bills had their eye on this guy the whole time but just let him sit there for any of the other QB desperate teams to pick him, they would have to be idiots.

They took a flyer. I don't think they are expecting him to be the QB of the future, I think they hadn't picked a QB yet, and he was the highest rated QB left on their board, so they chose him.

Those QB's you listed? Obviously no teams thought very highly of them, but people on this board are making statements about how Nix and Gailey must have really seen something special in Levi Brown, and I think that is silly. Some kind of wishful thinking that is being projected onto the situation.

The quarterback situation is actually DIRE. Same guys as last year, none of whom have accomplished much at all, and most likely, another season of field goals, and generally DULL football from our Bills.

well if you were thinking more clearly you would have to recognize that all these QB "starved" teams repeatedly passed on QBs round after round. There was actually a number of QBs sitting around alot longer then people expected them to. So what your saying is since we had a 4th round grade on him we should have drafted him that high knowing that there were a number of other QBs out there. If Nix and Gailey didn't see something in Brown they wouldn't have drafted him at all. They had all but about 5 starting positions to fill. They weren't going to take a flier on a QB in the late rounds if they didn't expect him to be here and contribute.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Non of the three qbs on this roster can be considered distinguishable. But at least they are credible players, even if mediocre. Playing an ill-prepared player at qb such as Levi Brown would be disasterous. It would be patently unfair to the paying customers and to the rest of the players on the roster. If you want to demoralize your team, even if it consistently loses, then continue to advocate your position.

There were many reasons why the Bills were out of the running last year as soon as the season started. One of the most prominent reasons was not having a NFL caliber player at the LT position. That deficiency sunk the offense before it barely got started. What do you think would happen if Levi Brown got the nod to play qb so soon in his career?

If you are okay starting mediocre talent at Qb then maybe you need to rethink your statement on what would be unfair to the paying public. Why would Brown be at a disadvantage to BB or any of the other QBs? Brohm has played in 2 NFL games. Fitz came in to fill in for some games last year but was obviously not the answer. TE is pretty much shot. He seems to have the most proven capabilities but if he can't pull his head out of his ass then I don't want to see him on the field, let alone the team. Oh and not to mention that they are all learning a new offense, one in which Brown and Brohm have a head start on the competition. So It could be argued he could be as equal or more ready to run this offense. If you have a team that consistently loses with the product that is on the field, it MUST be changed. We can't go through another year of finding out if TE is our future or if Fitz could somehow become a starter in this league. If the trends of play continue into this year it makes a lot more sense to find out what our 2 unproven QB commodities have. 2 guys who lit it up in college by the way.

Actually I'm thinking much more clearly than anyone that thinks that any GM or Coach in a situation like the Bills have been in the last 10 years, would wait until the 7th round to pick a QB that they thought had a real chance to start in the future for their currently pathetic team.

You disagree? Would YOU do that? You wouldn't even spend a 5th round pick on the guy you have hopes to be your future starter, and your team's QB's have blown for 10 years?

Sure the Patriots might have looked at the board and noticed that Brady was still around, and taken a flyer on him (that's what you do with your 6th, 7th round QB picks), but they likely thought that he MIGHT make a nice BACKUP QB someday, because he had some of the qualities that they wanted in a QB (tall, good leadership). THEY GOT REAL LUCKY.

If the Bills had their eye on this guy the whole time but just let him sit there for any of the other QB desperate teams to pick him, they would have to be idiots.

They took a flyer. I don't think they are expecting him to be the QB of the future, I think they hadn't picked a QB yet, and he was the highest rated QB left on their board, so they chose him.

Those QB's you listed? Obviously no teams thought very highly of them, but people on this board are making statements about how Nix and Gailey must have really seen something special in Levi Brown, and I think that is silly. Some kind of wishful thinking that is being projected onto the situation.

The quarterback situation is actually DIRE. Same guys as last year, none of whom have accomplished much at all, and most likely, another season of field goals, and generally DULL football from our Bills.

then that means that Nix and Gailey are liars and can't be trusted from the start...is that the point you are trying to get across? i'm just trying to understand your logic.

i was trying to link to the draft recap video where they talk about the pics, but for some reason the link is rotating videos.

anyway go to the draft recap and to the time points below to hear what Gailey and Nix say about Brown:

Bills Roundup: 2010 Draft Recap posted 04/24/10

Gailey on Brown at 1:54, Nix on Brown at 2:53

come on people i guarantee you that EVERY draft had many prospects that were overlooked until late in the rounds that turned out to be exceptional players as well as those who were thought to be the "second coming" of whoever and never showed up on the field of play. in short it is a risk that every team takes and no one is a sure thing. if you take the time to go back and look at the report on Brown you will see that he was thought highly of. his falling into the later rounds does not necessarily mean that he lacks the talent and/or ability to be an exceptional qb. it's just the way the draft played out, plain and simple.

For the Bills to have a 4th round grade on this guy and not draft him until the 7th round and all other teams pass on him concerns me. I don't know where the optimism can come from. Hope I am wrong.

No reason to be concerned. He is a 7th round pick. If he makes the team ... bonus! If not, who cares. The only reason there is optimism is because he was drafted by the Bills and this board is for Bills fans, and this is the time of year when even Bills fans can be optimistic.

He probably will be on the practice squad if anything ... but every once in a while lightning strikes like with Brady.

Well said! I agree 100% that there is a lot of wishful thinking and hoping. They grabbed him late as pure potential - much like easley, but that much less talented; they thought easley might have second round talent, they thought brown might have 4th round talent - that's not starter, much less franchise material. I have to look at the draft and at their building of this team, coupling their deeds with their words - they've said there's a lot of holes, that it will take time, etc. - and think they have their sights on a 2011 rookie QB. It looks all around like they're in a 2 year re-build mode, putting the pieces together next year and maintaining thereafter.

I don't want to argue, but I don't think he ever went to Dayton. IIRC he did go to one other school prior to Troy, but I don't think he was a Flyer. Google should clear things up for you.

Clearly, you weren't. Otherwise you would have known how many picks the Bills had in this year's draft, and which pick the Bills used on Levi Brown.

You also would have known that - way before the draft - the Bills were probably higher on Levi Brown than any QB other than Bradford...

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...t&p=1813389

I would do what Nix did - stuck to his draft board. Brohm's this year's starter, probably the year after that, and probably in 2012. After that, Brown will compete for the #1 spot (maybe sooner). 'Til then, sticking to the draft board while simultaneously filling their personnel needs for a playmaker on offense, an NT and DE for their new 3-4 defense, an OT, and #2 receiver makes perfect sense to me. That the QB they were higher on than anyone but Bradford was still there in round 7 is quite a bonus, and will prove to be a Buddy Nix stroke of genius. It's as logical as that.

Nonsense. Total f__in' nonsense. The Bills QB situation is far from dire - TIPS has already stated that, come September 12th, the pecking order will be...

Brian Brohm - Starting QB

Bad Bad Levi Brown - Backup QB

Ryan Fitzparrick - Clipboard Carrier/#3 QB

Trent Edwards - Marketing Intern at Synopsys

...and it's a more than adequate rotation. The far more dire need for this team was at GM, HC, OC, and QBs and other position coaches on offense. Now that all those needs have been met, along with most of our player needs, TIPS says...

19 and 0 baby!!! :wacko:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

IN CHAN WE TRUST!!!!! :sick:

Clearly, you weren't. Otherwise you would have known how many picks the Bills had in this year's draft, and which pick the Bills used on Levi Brown.

You also would have known that - way before the draft - the Bills were probably higher on Levi Brown than any QB other than Bradford...

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...t&p=1813389

I would do what Nix did - stuck to his draft board. Brohm's this year's starter, probably the year after that, and probably in 2012. After that, Brown will compete for the #1 spot (maybe sooner). 'Til then, sticking to the draft board while simultaneously filling their personnel needs for a playmaker on offense, an NT and DE for their new 3-4 defense, an OT, and #2 receiver makes perfect sense to me. That the QB they were higher on than anyone but Bradford was still there in round 7 is quite a bonus, and will prove to be a Buddy Nix stroke of genius. It's as logical as that.

Nonsense. Total f__in' nonsense. The Bills QB situation is far from dire - TIPS has already stated that, come September 12th, the pecking order will be...

...and it's a more than adequate rotation. The far more dire need for this team was at GM, HC, OC, and QBs and other position coaches on offense. Now that all those needs have been met, along with most of our player needs, TIPS says...

19 and 0 baby!!! :sick:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

IN CHAN WE TRUST!!!!! :)

I liked the draft. But I don't believe that they are so high on Levi Brown, yet they would rate him a 7th rd pick.

Yer Dreamin'.

No reason to be concerned. He is a 7th round pick. If he makes the team ... bonus! If not, who cares. The only reason there is optimism is because he was drafted by the Bills and this board is for Bills fans, and this is the time of year when even Bills fans can be optimistic.

He probably will be on the practice squad if anything ... but every once in a while lightning strikes like with Brady.

I'm not concerned about Levi. I'm concerned about not being able to enjoy watching the Bills for yet another season.

then that means that Nix and Gailey are liars and can't be trusted from the start...is that the point you are trying to get across? i'm just trying to understand your logic.

i was trying to link to the draft recap video where they talk about the pics, but for some reason the link is rotating videos.

anyway go to the draft recap and to the time points below to hear what Gailey and Nix say about Brown:

Bills Roundup: 2010 Draft Recap posted 04/24/10

Gailey on Brown at 1:54, Nix on Brown at 2:53

YES! I think they are TERRIBLE PEOPLE!

Lying, and cheating and saying nice things about the players they draft.

well if you were thinking more clearly you would have to recognize that all these QB "starved" teams repeatedly passed on QBs round after round. There was actually a number of QBs sitting around alot longer then people expected them to. So what your saying is since we had a 4th round grade on him we should have drafted him that high knowing that there were a number of other QBs out there. If Nix and Gailey didn't see something in Brown they wouldn't have drafted him at all. They had all but about 5 starting positions to fill. They weren't going to take a flier on a QB in the late rounds if they didn't expect him to be here and contribute.

?

The Bills have had a problem at QB for at least a decade. For me, that creates a little urgency. Enough urgency that if I really felt a guy had starter potential, though he was rated a late round pick, I would skip drafting some guys, that based on draft history, chart out to be backup linebackers, and pick the QB that I love so much in the 5 th round.

Maybe that's panicking.....

I don't any meaningful to back this other then a gut feeling and that not this year, but in the future this guy is gonna be the man. He just looks the part.

Plus it's the off season I'm looking for things to be hopeful about, and this is my bold projection.

Go Bills

I saw the clips from Bills camp, he throws a better ball than all of the other QBs!

Senator,

How come your boy is the QB throwing every pass in the "DEFENSIVE" Highlights?

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/v...8b-9ceb6c697f53

Well now let's see - I'm not sure which one you're referring to as 'my boy', since I'm very high on both Brohm and Brown - but since they were the only 2 QBs at the minicamp, I'll guess you're referring to one of those two? :)

So quite obviously one of those two was most certainly involved in every defensive hi-lite. Now whether they were bad throws, the result of broken or bad routes, or just the plain simple common-sense fact that in a camp like this where the defense learns the offense the same time the offense learns it, the D probably has a slight advantage, no??? :lol:

I don't any meaningful to back this other then a gut feeling and that not this year, but in the future this guy is gonna be the man. He just looks the part.

Plus it's the off season I'm looking for things to be hopeful about, and this is my bold projection.

Go Bills

Pro Bowl!

Go Bills

Pro Bowl!