Jackson performance VS Lynch

For all you Jackson fans I'd like to offer some actual numbers as opposed to people's perception's.

Career stats:

Fred: 425 carries for a 4.5 avg, 5 rushing TD's, 105 receptions for an 8.5 avg, 2 rec TD's, 5 fumbles, 3 lost, 1 TD pass

Marshawn: 650 carries for a 4.0 Avg, 17 rushing TD's, 93 receptions for an 8.6 avg 1 rec TD, 7 fumbles, 3 lost, 1 TD pass

Fred had 530 touches Vs Marchawns 743. Clearly Lynch has been the more productive back beacuse this game is all about TD's 8 VS 19 just doesn't cut it.

For all you Jackson fans I'd like to offer some actual numbers as opposed to people's perception's.

Career stats:

Fred: 425 carries for a 4.5 avg, 5 rushing TD's, 105 receptions for an 8.5 avg, 2 rec TD's, 5 fumbles, 3 lost, 1 TD pass

Marshawn: 650 carries for a 4.0 Avg, 17 rushing TD's, 93 receptions for an 8.6 avg 1 rec TD, 7 fumbles, 3 lost, 1 TD pass

Fred had 530 touches Vs Marchawns 743. Clearly Lynch has been the more productive back beacuse this game is all about TD's 8 VS 19 just doesn't cut it.

Clearly he lost his job end of discussion.

Career stats:

I have to agree...putting points on the board is huge. But their is other things that are very important. One being moving the chains, keeping a drive alive and letting your defense rest. Fred excelled at that. Lynch is good at pounding the rock, the big knack on him is indecisiveness hitting the hole or just not seeing it. Couple that with his off field antics and that spells a short career in the NFL. Lynch is fairly young, and we drafted Spiller. I think that pretty much sums it up.

Most of Lynch's production came in the first 2 years, which sadly to say are his best, and behind him. How productive can a guy be when he is one more stupid, boneheaded, 0 common-sense mistake away from a 1 year suspension which seems like an inevitable future event. Then how much will those touchdowns he scored in the past help us as a team?

He is a young talent with very little common sense, and very low character, I hope "Least-Mode" gets his 1 year suspension as a Miami Dolphag, or some other crappy NFL franchise.

Freddie > Marshawn. I'd rather turn our focus as a team to the newer, and more talented options we have at that position.

Most of Lynch's production came in the first 2 years, which sadly to say are his best, and behind him. How productive can a guy be when he is one more stupid, boneheaded, 0 common-sense mistake away from a 1 year suspension which seems like an inevitable future event. Then how much will those touchdowns he scored in the past help us as a team?

He is a young talent with very little common sense, and very low character, I hope "Least-Mode" gets his 1 year suspension as a Miami Dolphag, or some other crappy NFL franchise.

Freddie > Marshawn. I'd rather turn our focus as a team to the newer, and more talented options we have at that position.

How about you post both of their stats from last year instead of distorting the numbers? Watch the games. Freddy is clearly the better back; he is more elusive, sees and hits the holes, and runs north/south.

How about you post both of their stats from last year instead of distorting the numbers? Watch the games. Freddy is clearly the better back; he is more elusive, sees and hits the holes, and runs north/south.

How about 2 TD's each with lynch getting only 1/2 as many carries. Seriously you clowns need to get a grip. He had one down year and a couple of juvenile incidents, but he is with out a doubt a better prospect than Jackson will ever be.

Career stats:

So what you are saying is Fred has actually taken less damage and is fresher than we thought? Awesome!

Career stats:

Disregarding the fact that Lynch had most of the carries inside the 5 (even when Jackson carried most of the drive), the stats are misleading. First, Jackson technically only had 3 fumbles (2 were at the end of the game when they were doing "lateral" plays to score a TD). Second, Lynch had countless number of drops (I still don't understand how people say he is "good" out of the backfield when he drops 1/3 of the balls thrown to him). On top of which, most of 2009, Jackson would return the kickoff or punt and then go right in and run the ball (talk about exhausting). Jackson is clearly more versatile, has better vision, better hands and most of all a better attitude. Lynch is a good backup and a change of pace back, but is not starting on this team...

Career stats:

The bulk of Jackson's carries came last year when the passing game couldn't so much as put together consecutive 1st downs, so Jackson rarely saw scoring opportunities. Most of Lynch's TDs came in the previous 2 seasons when the offense still wasn't very good, but could at least move the ball into the red zone from time to time.

As previously mentioned, in the 1st two yrs FJ and ML played together, Lynch got the overwhelming majority of red zone carries.

How about 2 TD's each with lynch getting only 1/2 as many carries. Seriously you clowns need to get a grip. He had one down year and a couple of juvenile incidents, but he is with out a doubt a better prospect than Jackson will ever be.

Wow people express their opinions on a message board and you feel the need to call them clowns...interesting. Well I guess since you are posting here that makes you one as well, but since your opinionated claims of marshawn being a better prospect based on nothing and diminishing his felonies as "juvenile incidents" sort of makes you the clown leader.

Sorry, I just call 'em as I see 'em.

Sometimes it doesn't work comparing - even players of the same position. I think Lynch and Jackson are complimentary, and, furthermore, I think Spiller comes in and is a perfect fit, too. They all give you something different. As for Jackson and Lynch - Jackson, I think, has shown more value outside of the redzone. He's more diverse; he can hit holes quick, he can carry tacklers, he can make you miss, he can run good pass routes and catch well. And, Jackson has shown he can come in off the bench and produce. That is the big plus, I think, on Jackson's side. Lynch seems to need to get warmed up, or maybe he needs to be "the man". Whatever the case is with him, he played much worse as a second stringer. But, Lynch, when he's near the endzone, seems to zone in on it and will, literally, carry a defense into the endzone. Even if they know he's getting the ball, he seems to will himself into the endzone. Lynch doesn't seem as fast, either, straight line. But, they are each unique and I'd love to see us have them all.

If we get rid of Lynch, then Jackson will be through in a few years and we'll need another back - Maybe Bell? Let's hope he looks good. I'd like to keep Lynch - I think he and Spiller would make a nice one two punch - but, he really doesn't seem to like Buffalo - and that is a problem, because he acts like Buffalonians are riding him, or are a bunch of puritans, as opposed to feeling and acting guilty for, and taking responsibility for, his poor behavior. If he's got a grudge against us for having a grudge against him, then I think that'll ultimately fuel another stupid incident, and then we'll be out a back for a year and lose all his trade value.

So, we should probably just run him enough to make him look good, make sure he stays out of trouble, and trade him for a second, if we can, next year... maybe that second we might give Baltimore? That'd be a great trade in value.

Well with a sample size like that who could argue?

In fact, last month it rained twice on a Sunday, but only once on a Wednesday. That means it's twice as likely to rain on a Sunday.

I think Lynch is a young and immature guy. The troubles he's gotten himself into have shown this to be the case. I respect the effort he gives our team when he's on the field though. I think Marshan would thrive if he were in a situation where there was a team full of veteran players with a solid coaching staff. Unfortunately that wasn't the case in Buffalo when he was drafted. He's ultimately responsible for his own actions, but the piss poor coaching and lack of leadership along the way didn't help him either.

So it's a mixed bag we've got now. What I think will eventually happen is that Marshawn gets traded to a championship contending team who loses it's starting RB in training camp or early in the season for a conditional 3rd rounder (performance could bump it up to a 2nd). If there's no injury situation then obviously he stays put here for another season, but with hopefully much better coaching and a refocused, reenergized player out to prove all the doubters wrong.

Career stats:

100% Correct. I couldn't agree more. I really do love them BOTH but one guy scores TD...you know...the THINGS THAT PUT POINTS ON THE BOARD AND WINS GAMES?!?!?!?

That being said queue the haters!!!!....they have all manor of excuse and opinion of why they like Jackson over Lynch but the 1000% undeniable fact is Lynch scores more TDs. While the moral minority has a great point about Lynch not being a smart guy off the field he is better on the field in toughness, refusal to go down and freakin TDs people.

This will be an unpopular opinion with some but if one of the 3 RBs needs to go....it should be Jackson. If Spiller comes as advertised he is a MUCH MUCH better and faster version of Fred Jackson. Lynch is the probowl alternate wrecking ball that refuses to go down and drags 2 to 3 defenders for the extra 4 yards to make a first down. If given an actual whole to run through for once Lynch does also have some nice moves to make defenders miss. In the probowl 2 years ago Lynch was the RB that was called upon when the AFC needed to make a crucial first down.

I would like to keep all 3 of our current RBs and have Chan come up with something that puts the wild cat to shame with all 3 of those guys on the field. Barring that one of the 3 should be traded to fill holes elsewhere. I like em both but Lynch is a better compliment to Spiller IMO so I would deal Jackson.

Well with a sample size like that who could argue?

In fact, last month it rained twice on a Sunday, but only once on a Wednesday. That means it's twice as likely to rain on a Sunday.

What do you want a 30 year sample size? LOL. Their careers don't last that long. Relative to the length of the average career a sample size of 3 years is pretty decent in my opinion. I know people hate on Lynch for his stupidity off field but the guy is a better producer at RB.